Author Topic: Rubber banding host option for online races.  (Read 3548 times)

Purple44

Its would not be good if there would be an option to enable it, because i think in the 50-60% of rooms it would be enabled and its ruin the game... for me. Especially in fo style games when the other players like "braking on you" but they are noobs anyway so after 1 hit you can leave them.
Imagine if they would have this option..... always just ram ram ram ram ram ram ram and ram you, every fckin time. Rubber band in multiplayers just ruins the better players game, i like the race in the front of the pack, where are usually the normal racers who trying to win not to ram everyone....

The extra nitro in Semi-Arcade would not be enough for players in back of the pack to catch up with a leader with a good lead. Be more enough nitro to catch back up with the pack eventually. Also I would think there should be no extra nitro % once you get close to the leader, say within 50 yards ( or seconds if that easier for Bugbear to do ), then all nitro is the same for players close to the leader.

Another thing to think about, with 12 players online and you start at back of the start GRID, is there going be any nitro for you when the players in front of you get most of it before you get there? Players that start up front always have a bit of an advantage at start of race.

Its nice, you able to have collisions with other players but i hate thoose who directly aim someone and full speed ram him in a corner.. its not real and not so fair..

This is Flatout racing, so can get pretty rough online depending on who you are racing with. The guys I race with, we will trade some paint, but usually don't go out our way to take players out in the turns. In Flatout 1, I use to race with a group of players online, where you had to race clean or you would be ask to leave!!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

The flatout racing always seemed to me that if you were really good you just dodged the rammers... Or if you knew your opponents (I.E. played with them many times) You knew that you can take the rammers out by ramming them first and never have to worry about them again... You want rubber banding on for your rammers to catch up? Sounds silly to me.

And how will the people get better if they're rewarded for being in last? I just don't like rubberbanding anything. It sounds like people want "Everyone is equal, let's all hold hands so that no one feels bad when they mess up." And then there's Randy in the corner going "Ralph I love you so much, why you wipe me out?" And Ralph says, "Because Randy, it's a full contact racing game and I want to win." And Randy says "Oh nevermind, I caught up to you using my magic abilities that I worked zero for. Hope you don't mind that I just passed you because I magically caught up to you on the last straight away."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:44:30 AM by Mopower »

Purple44

The flatout racing always seemed to me that if you were really good you just dodged the rammers... Or if you knew your opponents (I.E. played with them many times) You knew that you can take the rammers out by ramming them first and never have to worry about them again... You want rubber banding on for your rammers to catch up? Sounds silly to me.

And how will the people get better if they're rewarded for being in last? I just don't like rubberbanding anything. It sounds like people want "Everyone is equal, let's all hold hands so that no one feels bad when they mess up." And then there's Randy in the corner going "Ralph I love you so much, why you wipe me out?" And Ralph says, "Because Randy, it's a full contact racing game and I want to win." And Randy says "Oh nevermind, I caught up to you using my magic abilities that I worked zero for. Hope you don't mind that I just passed you because I magically caught up to you on the last straight away."

There are some us that race Flatout online and like to to have clean, close races ( I also love rough and tumble racing in a figure 8 type race ). Back in the day with Flatout 1 online, we had races where 4 players finish within 2 seconds of leader. Don't see that in Flatout 2. More like 2 players within 2 second of each other at finish line.

Take GRID 1, there was drafting to help players catch up with the leader. We had 5 lap touring car races with 6 players finishing within 3 seconds of the leader. Semi-Arcade mode could be drafting for NCG. There not the same, but would have kinda the same effect, make the races closer, more exciting.

Also remember this only effect how much nitro you get from hitting objects or jumping. you just get a little bit more than the leader until you get close. And if you spent all your nitro trying to catch up with the leader, the leader still has his nitro to use in the final stretch to the finish line. I have learn to try save some nitro for the finish, if I want to hold onto first place.  ;)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel