Author Topic: Freebuild mode (Sandbox)  (Read 1310 times)

dbs213

Everyone admits at one point, we all love games that includes a sandbox mode.

The older parts of the NFS series (specifically NFS Underground until Carbon) had a section where you can take a bone stock car and personalize it with no limits. These cars can be used for offline events and are a great way to take advantage of the whole car builder. All parts are available right away so the player can express their heart's desire.

I'm pretty sure no one can resist this :D
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

deadmoroz14

The older parts of the NFS series (specifically NFS Underground until Carbon)
Something is wrong in this phrase :D

Generally, I agree with you. Adding a Sandbox/My cars is a very good idea. Not sure about personalization, but it will be great for some performance testing. For example, if you don't know what performance part to buy (f.e. big or small turbo), you can test them in "My cars".
But in NFS, upgrades in "My cars" were unlocked by riding in career, where were usual parts shops with regular unlocks, not "the classifieds". I don't know how to introduce different performance level unlocks in Sandbox/My cars. Maybe only parts that you have seen/bought in career's classifieds will be available?
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Satsuma182

I agree sandbox environments are cool in the correct games and some kind of feature that allows us to test out different builds would be very welcome,

But I don't quite understand why the test mode has to be a sandbox though?

As essentially the design team would be creating new environments solely for the purpose of testing out cars for tracks, when instead they could give you access to an empty track so you can see how the car does around it and save the efforts and resources for more tracks and arenas to race on.

LUNITIC_WILL

like what NFS UNDERCOVER was like. extending/descending the part of the car. loved it
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

dbs213

Let me rephrase that

The days of Underground until Carbon
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Frisker

Let me rephrase that

The days of Underground until Carbon
NFS Underground, NFS Underground 2 and NFS Most Wanted :p
(Had to!)
And yeah, this would be really lovely! I love to race my friends in NFS in split screen, first we build our cars and then take them on track!

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM