Author Topic: We're on KICKSTARTER!  (Read 35712 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, exciting news: we're finally on Kickstarter! We are proud to launch a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign for our Next Car Game, culminating into a playable sneak peak demo that will be given to all our supporters right after the campaign has ended.

Many of you have asked us to launch a Kickstarter campaign, and we really wanted to do it from the get-go. However, like mentioned earlier, it turned out rather difficult for a Finnish studio, and it took quite a bit of planning and going back and forth to make it happen. But now we're there, and as a result we're confident that we can make a better game for everyone. We really believe that it's possible to create the world’s best demolition racing game using crowd-funding, but to do that, we need to engage the community and develop the game together with the players. Our Kickstarter campaign will enable us to get more people onboard and in turn have a chance to create the best possible game.

We're definitely not forgetting our early supporters either. Everyone who has preordered the game will receive the sneak peak demo after the campaign, and should we meet the initial goal, the extra content that has been added to some of the reward tiers. We will also make sure you'll have access to new goodies such as the t-shirt (which is going to be totally awesome, by the way!).

If you have any questions or whatnot, just let us know.

THANKS FOR SUPPORT, WE LOVE YOU GUYS! SPREAD THE WORD!

Smiley face
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:17:38 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

PESKOVS33

Cant wait to see sneak peek and play this game. I feel this game will be the best.

neoglow

Congrats Bugbear! Thats awesome news, hopefully kickstarter will aid the NCG project and you reach the goal! :)

Really looking forward to the Sneak Peak!

RacerBest

My message from another thread:

Now I could buy the game since Kickstarter uses Amazon Payments.... but..

Makes me very sad to see that because I waited for a new payment option, now I have to pay 80$ for the Team Member pack instead of 70$... I think this is unfair for people who waited for more payment options and they have to pay more now.  >:(

John Burning

Yeah! Good luck out there!!!

St. Jimmy

My message from another thread:

Now I could buy the game since Kickstarter uses Amazon Payments.... but..

Makes me very sad to see that because I waited for a new payment option, now I have to pay 80$ for the Team Member pack instead of 70$... I think this is unfair for people who waited for more payment options and they have to pay more now.  >:(
Prices have been risen but the lower prices were limited time only so that's the way it goes...
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

burninrubber0

Quote from: GameSpot
The Kickstarter campaign for Next Car Game went live today and asks for $350,000 in funding by December 1. At press time, funding stands at $1,506 from 18 backers.

Next Car Game is currently in development for PC, though if funding hits $1.5 million, the game will be released for both or either Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Good luck out there guys!

CarbonRevenge

Just a little confused on the pre-KS backers and how things are going to translate over to the KS since there's additional new items which have been added(such as the digital christmas card)

Siresly

Godspeed.

How will you handle people who want to change their pledges now that there are more and different options?
Will we have to get the pre-Kickstarter pledges refunded and repledge through Kickstarter?
Or is there something going on with the nextcargame.com maintenance that'll address such situations?

neoglow

Ive backed! :) AGAIN!
I am one of the early pre-order fans and thought I'd contribute to Bugbear again to aid Next Car Game. Awesome work so far Bugbear!

Im now a Crash Champion and Team Bugbear Member rolled into one!

Usmovers_02

My god. That sandpit screenshot is one of the most impressive I've seen :O

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for your support, everyone. We have a really great chance here to make NCG something special, and we're going to be sure to use it!

RacerBest
We're really sorry and unhappy about the situation. We've been trying to arrange alternative payment methods all the time, but it has proven to be very a difficult and time-consuming process for a single independent entity such as us. That said, I discussed your issue with our CEO, and he suggested that should you still decide to make the Team Member pledge we could send you something little special, and I mean physical. He only wished that you'd keep on spreading the love ;)

Siresly
Refunding old preorders would be complicated and also most likely incur additional expenses that would be away from the development of the game, so we're really hoping you guys can hold on until the end of Kickstarter, after which we will arrange you a method to upgrade should you so wish. We're prepared to handle it by hand, case-by-case, if nothing else works out.

CarbonRevenge
Not to worry: should we meet our initial goal, you will receive all the extra content for your preorder tier automatically.

Usmovers_02
Thanks, we're very happy about how it's looking ourselves us well.

Mopower

If you guys put stacks (headers) into the game, and make them sound like real ones I'll pitch in an extra $30 and get the team member package :D

Cornkid

RacerBest
We're really sorry and unhappy about the situation. We've been trying to arrange alternative payment methods all the time, but it has proven to be very a difficult and time-consuming process for a single independent entity such as us. That said, I discussed your issue with our CEO, and he suggested that should you still decide to make the Team Member pledge we could send you something little special, and I mean physical. He only wished that you'd keep on spreading the love ;)

and that there is why BB as developers get my full support, kudos to all involved in that discussion.

Sometimes in life things just work themselves out RB m8, keep the faith ;)