Author Topic: We're on KICKSTARTER!  (Read 37609 times)

Adenru

So, it's Next Car Game... I showed friends Flatout, many of them liked it also told about Next Car Game, I'm pretty sure they will get it and we'll crash some metal together, but the way you all call it Next Car Game, NCG, first I thought it's a working title, but first you promise a working demo, now it's kickstarter and Next Car Game is still Next Car Game. Now when everyone around knows and refers to it as Next car game I have strong feeling that NCG is game's final name.

LUNITIC_WILL

are there pre-paid amazon cards? it is for amazon right
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Cornkid

So, it's Next Car Game... I showed friends Flatout, many of them liked it also told about Next Car Game, I'm pretty sure they will get it and we'll crash some metal together, but the way you all call it Next Car Game, NCG, first I thought it's a working title, but first you promise a working demo, now it's kickstarter and Next Car Game is still Next Car Game. Now when everyone around knows and refers to it as Next car game I have strong feeling that NCG is game's final name.

the below is copied from the text on kickstarter campaign page

"Mind you, Next Car Game is just a working title for us. As a matter of fact, our every game is referred internally as 'Next Car Game' or 'NCG' for short when we're developing the game. Since our efforts in coming up with a credible name were pretty rotten we will give you as a backer a unique chance to participate in choosing the final name for the game!"

It sounds like it will change, but personally I hope it keeps NCG title

deadmoroz14

Uhm...
Will there be an option to "upgrade" my purchase?
For example, I've already bought a game (one of the cheap variants), but now I want to see my name in the game.
Any chance it will be implemented?
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

NeatNit

They've already said that they'll make sure the website pre-orders don't get screwed. Just give them some time.. All will be sorted.

NeatNit

Wait a minute... What's Joonas still doing there?!

crazychris4124

do you still need 350K even with the pre orders from your website?

crazychris4124

link for kickstater, wish they showed off more of the game than the 10 seconds at the beginning, it looked pretty damn cool

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1470493497/next-car-game-a-motorsport-with-attitude?ref=live

Meloditude

I'm a little confused regarding the shipping costs for the boxed versions.

The Kickstarter page says that an additional 15 USD are required for shipment outside the US. Which is a bit strange, considering Bugbear is located in Finland. Doesn't make sense to me that I have to pay an additional 15 USD for shipment inside of Europe, while Americans pay less even though shipping costs are higher.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

NeatNit

Aren't sheds generally dark places?

Cornkid

The Kickstarter page says that an additional 15 USD are required for shipment outside the US. Which is a bit strange, considering Bugbear is located in Finland. Doesn't make sense to me that I have to pay an additional 15 USD for shipment inside of Europe, while Americans pay less even though shipping costs are higher.

I'm only guessing, but imagine that altho a finnish studio, they have set up a US based structure that allows them to then go for kickstarter funding.

Bit like amazon do (alledgedly) to avoid paying taxes ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:05:17 AM by Cornkid »

Purple44

I'm only guessing, but imagine that altho a finnish studio, they have set up a US based structure that allows them to then go for kickstarter funding.

Bit like amazon do (alledgedly) to avoid paying taxes ;)

Hmm, is that how Bugbear got around Finland law?? You might be on to something Corn.

Hey, anybody have $5000 they would like to donate to me so I can get my dream derby pit done, a Volcano derby pit?

Pledge $5,000 or more

0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)

“BUGBEAR TRACK DESIGNER” • GET TO DESIGN A TRACK + TRACK DESIGNER COMMUNITY BADGE ============================== Know how to design a killer derby or race track? Awesome, let’s put it in the game! You’ll first submit a sketch or an idea to us, after which you'll get to work closely with our Level Design team to recreate it in the game.

Thanks for your support, everyone. We have a really great chance here to make NCG something special, and we're going to be sure to use it!

Siresly
Refunding old preorders would be complicated and also most likely incur additional expenses that would be away from the development of the game, so we're really hoping you guys can hold on until the end of Kickstarter, after which we will arrange you a method to upgrade should you so wish. We're prepared to handle it by hand, case-by-case, if nothing else works out.

I would of gone for the T-shirt option, so hope us that already pre-order will have a way to upgrade later on.

Still worry me that it look like the 3400 pre-orders are not going to get counted in Kickstarter page, so it going to look like NCG Kickstarter is getting off to a slow start, instead the fast start the pre-order got. Hopefully Bugbear being on Kickstarter will help get the news out more and we will see a new surge in interest for the Next Car Game.

Might have to make the $1 pledge so I can post on kickstarter page.

I will do my part and get the word out this weekend. Be sure to checkout the new Kickstarter page even if you have pre-order already, there new details and pics.  :D

Next Car Game: A Motorsport With Attitude!

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

No way purp, they're going to back $1,000 and gimme my land yacht!!!

Larssya

Guys i was wondering if the pre-orders from the original website (BugBear website) were added to the kickstarter campaign.

(Sorry for my high-quality english but hey, I'm not bilingual yet  :P)

X

Could some items on Kickstarter be available individually at any point? I would love to buy some things like the 3d model without having to pay $160 for that and a lot of what I already have  :-\