Author Topic: Volkswagen Beetle!!!  (Read 17504 times)

Huono

I don't know is it a good idea to start a whole new topic for just one car, but I'd REALLY like to have VW Beetle in NCG!!! (This kind of topic may already exist but I didn't see it anywhere) Could you please add this car to NCG! I know you can't name it Beetle or make it exactly same looking(becouse it's licenced)(not sure if I spelled licenced right) but do something resembling it PLEASE!!!  ;)

Ozozer

I would also like to see the beetle there.  :)
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

conso1727

A good'ol VW beetle, numbered 53 of course!  :P

Victor Cortez

It'd be great to have this iconic European car in the game.

John Burning

+1!!!

Purple44

I don't know is it a good idea to start a whole new topic for just one car, but I'd REALLY like to have VW Beetle in NCG!!! (This kind of topic may already exist but I didn't see it anywhere) Could you please add this car to NCG! I know you can't name it Beetle or make it exactly same looking(becouse it's licenced)(not sure if I spelled licenced right) but do something resembling it PLEASE!!!  ;)

+1
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Huono

A good'ol VW beetle, numbered 53 of course!  :P

It has to have that paintjob :D

Mopower

*shudders* lol. Hey, if you want it in the game, and you wanna drive it, gopherit. Not my cup o' tea :p
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Spex84

VW beetles are great! I'd love to see them in the game. There are a couple of problems though:

-in real life, VW beetles have very little crash resistance in the front (it's mostly empty space up there) and the engine hangs out behind the rear wheels. One good hit to the rear of the car, and the engine will be badly damaged. They work well as dune buggies and Baja racers, but  in full-contact racing... they wouldn't last very long.

-VW beetles are iconic. Since Bugbear can only make non-licensed vehicles, they would have to change the design somewhat to make it "like a beetle but different". Perhaps they'd add a front grill, or quad headlights, or change the shape of the fenders to imitate a different European car. Then it wouldn't look like a beetle any more!

KazzyMac

-in real life, VW beetles have very little crash resistance in the front (it's mostly empty space up there) and the engine hangs out behind the rear wheels. One good hit to the rear of the car, and the engine will be badly damaged. They work well as dune buggies and Baja racers, but  in full-contact racing... they wouldn't last very long.

That's what video games and gratuitous chassis reinforcement and armored supports are for. There've been plenty rear-engined cars in FO/FO2. =)
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

dbs213

Flatout 1 used to have Beetles in early WIP screenshots

http://flatout.herniweb.cz/file/screeny_flatout/screenfo10.jpg
http://flatout.herniweb.cz/file/screeny_flatout/screenfo7.jpg

It's a shame they didn't make it in the actual game, couldn've been an alternative to the Pepper. But then VW might've sued Bugbear then.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Purple44

It's a shame they didn't make it in the actual game, couldn've been an alternative to the Pepper. But then VW might've sued Bugbear then.

Hmm, I wonder what the behind the scene story is of why VW beetle did not make the final cut for Flatout 1.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

KingOfTheCakes

Isn't the rear engine car we've seen in the trailers pretty much a Beetle/Imp clone though?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:33:46 AM by TractorFace »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

X

Hmm, I wonder what the behind the scene story is of why VW beetle did not make the final cut for Flatout 1.

I wonder if that car is still sitting on some Dev's hard drive or on a thumb drive somewhere, along with all of those sweet alpha paintjobs.

dbs213

Isn't the rear engine car we've seen in the trailers pretty much a Beetle/Imp clone though?

Screams more Fiat than VW for me

I wonder if that car is still sitting on some Dev's hard drive or on a thumb drive somewhere, along with all of those sweet alpha paintjobs.

How I wish it was so ::)
Whelp, there's always the FOJ. Shoutout to the VW Bug model for FO1.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:38:26 AM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)