Author Topic: Volkswagen Beetle!!!  (Read 18259 times)

psychicparrot

Yes +1 here .. I love Beetles. I've had two of them and had nothing but fun with them - it would be great to have a game with Beetle-alikes in. I have an old game called Beetle Crazy Cup from about 13 yrs ago that I still play.. just because it has Beetles in it! The bug was the best car in Forza Horizons too XD

So yes, I would love to see an old bug in there!!

Frisker

Could be called "Bubble", as in Finland we have nicknamed the car as "Kupla", which translates to bubble :D
And I want it!

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

duck74

I remember seeing one in a screenshot of NCG. I cant tell, its a birds eye view picture
GTX 970
Intel I7 4770k
Asus Z87-pro
16GB RAM

And I couldn't hit 60 fps on ultra XD

dbs213

I remember seeing one in a screenshot of NCG. I cant tell, its a birds eye view picture

It's the same old Fiat 850 as what 69Imperial said earlier

It probably has some of it's features amplified so that Fiat doesn't get their jimmies rustled.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Huono

Could be called "Bubble", as in Finland we have nicknamed the car as "Kupla", which translates to bubble :D
And I want it!

That's a good idea!!! I'm finnish too! Moi suomalaiset! :D

Frisker

And I want it!

That's a good idea!!! I'm finnish too! Moi suomalaiset! :D

Moro!

And welcome to the community!
I'd love to type this post in Finnish but unfortanetly most of the community wouldn't understand so I have to control my urges :D

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Azhurel

sure why not.
"All this fanboying over one manufacturer needs to stop. There are beautiful cars from every manufacturer, so limiting your self to one is equally as ignorant as only liking one race of people."
1957 Chevy Bel-air and 1957 Cameo For Wreckfest!!

ScottyG

I'd love to see a beetle in this game!

Smartzenegger

How can BugBear ignore the request of a Volkswagen Bug?
And of course, with a Herbie paintjob.
I would like to see that very much in this game, as Herbie does get damaged in the original 1968 movie, it even gets split in half.

I would (of course) also like to see a 1958 Plymouth Fury in red with white top, just like the one seen in the 1983 movie "Christine".
This car is all about dents and crashes.
It even gets burned in that movie.
Does this game feature burning leaked fuel or burning oil puddles?
Does tyres burn?

I would like to see tyres burn (like being on fire), wear off and burst.
The gass tank may also explode when you have a fuel leak and drive over fire.
Or idle in fire for too long.
Would make me all very happy. :)
This software is so tough, that you consider it hardware.
(why do I have a wrong steam profile?)

oxykeni

How can BugBear ignore the request of a Volkswagen Bug?
And of course, with a Herbie paintjob.
I would like to see that very much in this game, as Herbie does get damaged in the original 1968 movie, it even gets split in half.

I would (of course) also like to see a 1958 Plymouth Fury in red with white top, just like the one seen in the 1983 movie "Christine".
This car is all about dents and crashes.
It even gets burned in that movie.
Does this game feature burning leaked fuel or burning oil puddles?
Does tyres burn?

I would like to see tyres burn (like being on fire), wear off and burst.
The gass tank may also explode when you have a fuel leak and drive over fire.
Or idle in fire for too long.
Would make me all very happy. :)

Well, they haven't been fully ignoring the car, and i bet there is the idea of a bug in NCG been threwn around the office. 99% it hasn't been really announced, but neither fully rejected.

That Plymouth looks awesome, and could be implemented in the game, but the car's real history doesn't affect will it be implemented, and of course it can't be named Christine nor Fury in the games due to licensing. BB probably could get official licenses for the game, but it costs a ton of money and really isn't "worth it" in this type of game, where the car gets all banged up.

What in comes to burning fuel, i can't really say for sure. But i don't think that's part of the game.  And what it comes to burning oil, on a racetrack, Only oil there could be on the track is engine oil, which has about 215 celsius (420 fahrenheit) flash point, so there isn't really a way how it would ignite.

Yes, tires can be burned and will be. At the start of the race, when you give a nice clutch kick for the car. joke ::)

Tires, irl are not very flammable...

And the gas tank won't really explode when you have a fuel leak and drive over fire puddles.
a) The gasoline won't be able to reach the flames well enough when going in high speeds over the fire puddle. b) even if it would, you would probably end up getting something else on fire first, not the gas tank. and if fire somehow manages to get its way to the tank through fuel lines it wont ignite if gas tank is full. It doesn't vaporize enough.

Why would idle your car in fire, when trying to win something? ::)

AND of course, what it comes to the beetle, we need it, big thumbs up from here!

Zeron

Everyone wants this car and it makes sense because it truelly belongs to this game.

I really hope they get it in, it would be my favorite and most played car, no matter how much gasoline it costs me in the career mode.

gcarrell2

If the beetle goes into the game, then it should be the Baja version. and just call it a Baja lol.

Zeron

If the beetle goes into the game, then it should be the Baja version. and just call it a Baja lol.
I feel that the normal Beetle has more charisma and fits better in this game. Don't get me wrong, the baja version is overplayed and we rarelly see a game where the normal Beetle can be played.

However, if there is a way to have the regular Beetle and upgrade it to Baja in the garage then I am all for it.

Purple44

Can race with a normal older style beetle or the newer style beetle in Flatout 2. :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel