Author Topic: Bugbear goes "retro flat-out"  (Read 18824 times)

Mopower

cool tunes lol... Also the site seems to be buggy for me... :(

X

I discovered this after not being able to find my car.

Door has moved over to left hand side of screen!  :o

If restarting while out of car, door stays open. Door moves further and further away each time you do this. Eventually, lose control of driver and just drift off only moving left and right.

X

Although it's asking for a lot, any chance of tech demo/prototype/WIP version of FO2?

Purple44

I can't get it working properly   :(
All I see after launch is white square and after some time this

Tried to re-download/install game, driver rollback (from 331.65 to 314.21), disabled options, run in windowed mode (through Ultimate ASI Loader). Nothing helped.
Game folder has 189 files and weighs 104 MB, OS is WinXP and GPU is Nvidia GTX 650.

I just got demo running under WinXP. Demo running OK for me. Vista did not like demo, Win7 started demo no problem. Going to start a new thread to talk about what I had to do to get demo to install in my old XP. Dinner getting cold, will post link in this post when I get new thread done later tonight.

Edit: Got new thread done:

Bugbear Retro Demo 2002 - installing and running on WinXP
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:17:47 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

KingOfTheCakes

This was a fun surprise, thanks again BB for sharing this. I can't help but think of the end credits song for Flatout when I play this prototype. ;)
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Adenru

Suddenly I feel urge to reinstal FlatOut, although last tie I played it is this september.

Wiedidog

It is so RETRO :D and i had a lot of fun. THANKS BUGBEAR ;)
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

Ben Lind

Glad you guys like the prototype!

@X: Haha! Yeah we're aware of that bug. It's a bit silly but it's an early prototype and we found it funny. Just like the electric pole warping. :)
Overly talkative 3D-artist

conso1727

If there was a way to play it multiplayer, I'd surely want to race against the developers :P

Ben Lind

Maybe you'll get a chance later in NCG. :)
Overly talkative 3D-artist

RacerBest

This is awesome Bugbear, giving piece of Flatout history to the fans. I love this. The driving feels great in the prototype, love driving the Beetle.  :)

Whippler

Oh why didn't you guys leave the in car/cockpit view in flatout, its so awesome on this.

SpeedDevil

Enjoying the old demo, thanks for the release bugbear :D

conso1727

Maybe you'll get a chance later in NCG. :)
I was already planning to do something like that, but on Ultimate Carnage, there must be the topic somewhere on the UC section. But if the sneak peek already includes multiplayer, I will surely accept the challenge on there

Wiedidog

Oh why didn't you guys leave the in car/cockpit view in flatout, its so awesome on this.
Jup, the cockpit cam doesn´t looks so bad. :) Hope the cockpit cam will be good in NCG. 8)
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!