Author Topic: Turning Bronze into Gold  (Read 9732 times)

Purple44

pepper with no upgrades - 3rd place best, very much up to luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCV4TINSApE

Good try err. Would you of won race if AI did not hit you sideways on last lap?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Fully upgraded Pepper gold in Bay Challenge.

Video is up.

I didn't have my recorder all the time on so start from 02:02 if you want to watch the replay of it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:04:05 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

SunnyNewEngland

Fully upgraded Pepper gold in Bay Challenge.

Video is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm0mx52Sor4

I didn't have my recorder all the time on so start from 02:02 if you want to watch the replay of it.

I'm humbled.  I wonder if you're the first and only person in the world who's done this...?
In any case, I've got a game going now with the Pepper and I'm gonna have to go for the gold now that I've seen it's possible.

Are you using manual transmission and professional handling?

Thanks for sharing the vid, by the way!

SunnyNewEngland

OH YEAH I WON THE BAY CHALLENGE WITH PEPPER!
Thanks err for the vid. Took some hints and got myself first in the second lap thanks to the nitros and dirty manover. I got it recorded so I'll upload it tomorrow. All the other races are way more easier.

Two more questions: what kind of controller are you using, and what kind of settings, if you could share it, please?

err

Got myself 2nd with upgrades. Still left behind about 14s after the first :P

Btw your Pepper is upgraded. My Pepper goes as fast as yours with full upgrades. You could've won that even.

It had no upgrades, with upgrades it quite easy to win.

St. Jimmy

Got myself 2nd with upgrades. Still left behind about 14s after the first :P

Btw your Pepper is upgraded. My Pepper goes as fast as yours with full upgrades. You could've won that even.

It had no upgrades, with upgrades it quite easy to win.

Unupgraded Pepper doesn't accelerate after the first hairpin to 150kph before the next corner. It goes only to 130kph. If you've bought the parts anywhere in the career they might get bugged so you really have those even though you can buy them second time. I noticed this when I bought all the engine parts and my hp didn't raise at all.

For SunnyNewEngland:

That was with keyboard, automatic because keyboard and normal handling. I could do it with professional handling because it's easy to counter oversteering in "first person" so there's basically zero difference for me unless I screw up and drop to a very low speed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:44:59 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

SunnyNewEngland

Thanks, St. Jimmy! 

Since easing up on my nitrous ban I finished silver class, no problem. Fairgrass Cup was the only race that needed nitro, and I probably could have waited for a lucky race (in which the A.I. takes each other out). 

I just minutes ago won gold in Fairgrass Challenge with no nitro!  Personal favorites Whattahoo Wham, Brad's Sandrun, and Fincheley Timberdash, all gold, no nitrous. 
Didn't know the Pepper could do this.  Haven't gotten to the serious races yet, though.

This is all with X360 controller, manual transmission, and professional handling in a fully upgraded Pepper.

Thanks for the guidance and inspiration. I'll pray to you tonight, St. Jimmy!  ;D

SunnyNewEngland

If you can beat Glod Bay Challenge with pepper then you can beat everything. 4th place was max what I could get.

This is very impressive. My hat's off to you.  I'm inspired to give it another effort with the Pepper.

Did you get gold in all the other races?
I tested 5 maps and I won those but that Bay Challenge I can't. AI doesn't make any mistake in that map and too much asphalt and straight road.
Important thing to remember is that Ai doesn't make mistakes if it is alone so you better be the first one after the first few corners or hope that other AI makes the leader to make a mistake.

I beat Bay Challenge! 3rd place only, so far, but now I don't think Bay Challenge is the hardest race. 

I can't place top 3 in Finchley Challenge. This may actually be the most difficult race for the Pepper.

We all assumed Bay Challenge was the hardest but what say you, St. Jimmy? Is Finchley one of the 5 maps you tested before getting Gold on Bay Challenge?  I think Finchley Challenge is the true test.

By the way, this all happened a couple months ago and I've been playing NextCarGame since.  I can't blame anyone for lacking the drive for FlatOut these days. All these updates coming out this week... that new car... I cannot wait for online multiplayer!

I'm still curious how everyone else is doing, though!  AltS7, RacerBest? JonasNL, I know you were grinding away in the Grinder!  Did you win or has NextCarGame transported everyone to the next plateau?

St. Jimmy

I can't now remember but I'll check on weekend when I'm home. I remember that the Bay Challenge was the hardest one and I could beat other races. There were couple hard ones but I beat those more easily than Bay Challenge.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

St. Jimmy

Finchley Challenge is also a hard one but I beat it before the Bay Challenge. First corner is pretty critical and you need to cut through it perfectly. Also the last corner shortcut jump can be a challenge sometimes.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

SunnyNewEngland

Thanks for checking that on the weekend and getting back to me with it.

I had no idea about that last corner shortcut jump. :-[  I should be able to win now with that bit of critical knowledge.   

Daystar

Really curious with the NCG! hopefully there will be sort of a storyline, or something unique that has not been done in the FO games!

SunnyNewEngland

I got the credits to roll, baby!! I am a champeen! I took the Pepper to the limit!

I won gold in all the regular races and bonus races except for my 3 nemeses: Bay Challenge, Finchley Challenge, and Gravel Supersmash.  But, I managed to place top 3 in each of those and so the credits rolled and I was the champeen.

Finally beat Finchley Challenge with some delightfully aggressive maneuvering and one outstanding save on the last corner shortcut jump where my front bumper snagged something on the lip causing me to spin 180 degrees in mid-air. I landed backwards at speed, kept rolling, yanked the wheel (analog stick) sideways to spin back around another 180 degrees, quickly looked back to position myself in front of Sue O'Neill who was whipping around the corner, took a hard hit to slow her down and bring myself back up to speed. Mashed the gas while Sue passed me in the straight and as she slowed into that critical first corner I continued to accelerate, slammed her from behind which drove her into the jersey barriers and slowed me to the precise speed needed for cutting that corner perfectly.  It was so good I watched the replay like 5 times. :D
Still, only managed to get 3rd. I'll gloat more when I wring more gold out of the game.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:58:55 AM by SunnyNewEngland »

Bigg.I

Hi guys, I am new there in community.
I have played so many racing games and simulators.
Your challenge interested me very much.
THERE IS MY RESULT:
Game Completed 100% with BULLET
Game Completed 100% with Pepper :) ( finally, it took me 1 week)
SETTINGS:
automatic gearbox, professional handling, keyboard used ;)

SunnyNewEngland

Hi guys, I am new there in community.
I have played so many racing games and simulators.
Your challenge interested me very much.
THERE IS MY RESULT:
Game Completed 100% with BULLET
Game Completed 100% with Pepper :) ( finally, it took me 1 week)
SETTINGS:
automatic gearbox, professional handling, keyboard used ;)
Nice work, Bigg.I. It's not so easy with the Pepper. Welcome to the forums.