Author Topic: First gameplay video!  (Read 16322 times)

Team Bugbear

This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for: we’re finally ready to show you some proper racing action on a dirt track! Here we are testing with a powerful rear-wheel drive car how our handling works on gravel, and we’re glad to let you know that it feels SUPERB!

Thanks to our great physics, you really get the full white-knuckle racing experience with Next Car Game, if that’s what you prefer. On the other hand, if you’re a budding race car driver, you can still enjoy the game (and remain competitive!) by enabling a selection of driving aids.

Please note that the game is still very much work-in-progress, and what you see is not representative of the final quality. For example the track has not been properly decorated yet, and there’s a lot of additional polish that’s going to be done on it. Also, the player car damage has been disabled for the demonstration purposes.

Check out the video on our Kickstarter page and let us know what you think!

As you know, we still have a plenty of distance to cover if we’re going to succeed with our Kickstarter campaign, but you can help us meet our goal. Now it’s time for the racing game fans to unite and show us that you want a game like Next Car Game! Our team is having great fun playing the game, and we feel that no other game can match the amazing racing experience offered by Next Car Game. We can’t wait to share it with you!

PLEASE SUPPORT US AND SPREAD THE WORD!

As a bonus, here’s a few new screenshots from the same track:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:40:16 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Team Bugbear, November 14, 2013, 05:34:27 PM Logged

• err

Looks really awesome.
    Only thing I can see what can improve would be landing after jumps, there no impact at all.
    Keep up the good work
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:55:02 PM by err »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks, glad you're liking! Good point about the landing impact, that's definitely on our to-do list. We haven't really paid much attention to camera effects at all yet, and getting them implemented will no doubt greatly improve the immersion factor.

Cornkid

fantastic first video, thanks BB.

I agree about not much feedback after landing the jump, but its early days yet, so no worries.

You should all be very proud of your work so far, hopefully it will boost the Kickstarter campaign.

crazychris4124

looks great but it definitely needs some work. like others said no impact from jumps and car damage doesnt match the impact

Usmovers_02

It looks like it plays exactly how I expected :D

Conte Zero

I love everything in these screenshots: design, lights, reflections, textures. Even the "solid", real look of the vehicles models.
    I have to agree with a guy in the other thread though, the instant deformation when a car is hit looks too artificil compared to all the magnificent technology shown in this video.
    I don't know if this is due to tech problems, alpha stage, or strategical choices, but I keep on hoping it will get better and better

brilliant, a dream comes true, thank you Bugbear
    Saippuakivikauppias

Grapist

Great vid. Several things to work on though: suspender and damage. It seemed to me that it isnt about camera effects, but a suspender itself, looks like it doesnt react at all. Damage model is great except for one thing - its "instant".

All in all I believe that this will be a great game and can totaly understand that this is alpha.

Janne Suur-Näkki

We haven't reached Alpha yet ;)

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, guys, I really do have to give it to you for your attention to detail. Simply brilliant, keep your feedback coming in! All the issues mentioned so far are something that we very aware of, and we are working on them. But like said, it's not simply a matter of just flicking a switch, so we have to prioritize our efforts.

Wiedidog

Hey Bugbear! I would say handling could be a little bit more realistic for my opinion. I don´t know how the handling feels, but i hope it will be not too arcade. :/ Nice graphics BTW. ;D
    PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

KingOfTheCakes

I also agree about the landing impact, but damn, everything else looks amazing. I really love the over steer and by the looks of it, a bit of backing off is required too. Atmosphere, track design and damage all look great to me. Even though it's still pre alpha.

Thanks for sharing BB!
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:27:27 PM by TractorFace »
    Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
    AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
    8gb Ram DDR2
    Corsair 750w PSU
    Windows 7 64-bit OS

Mohasz

+1 on 'instant' damage and lightweight jumps issues.
    But those screenshots look awesome! I wish the video showed cockpit view or the whole car from behind. Also, it would've been cool to see this captured directly from the game.

Conte Zero

this picture is making me drool!
    Everything looks perfect to me, the atmosphere, the lights, the depth of field and the dusk time. Simply perfect for a dirt, violent crash racing. You guys really know how a production should look imho.
    Saippuakivikauppias

Wiedidog

Well, I agree with the crashs. I mean the crash could be "builded up". So the cars demolation could increase more. (LOL hope someone understands what i mean :D)
    PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

Mopower

I love you guys! The handling looks perfect much to my delight :D . Looking forward to the sneak peak! Can't wait to test this new handling out in mud.  :D I'm so damn excited