Author Topic: First gameplay video!  (Read 16948 times)

dbs213

Why player car didn't get wrecked? Is it undestructable for exhibition video or the game uses FO2 formula where damage is applied to a car with slower speed?

From update page:

Please note that the game is still very much work-in-progress, and what you see is not representative of the final quality. For example the track has not been properly decorated yet, and there's a lot of additional polish that's going to be done on it. Also, the player car damage has been disabled for the demonstration purposes.

This is not the video to judge the damage in a race. Maybe sneak peek demo will have the damage enable.

Maybe even have the option to disable damage (both mechanically and visually) as well just for testing out the physics without worrying about wrecking your car.

It's kinda fun being able to leave dents on other cars without leaving some on yours once in a while.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:07:26 AM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive
======================================
[Insert snarky quote with no context here]

Archie

So a Firebird, huh?   ;)
Handling looks nice, from what can be told from the video anyway.
I'm hoping for less arcadish style steering and handling, FO2 handling left me cold :C Or maybe it was the nitrous system that magically push the car from behind.

Because no audio we can't hear the gravel banging against the fenders but it's feeling pretty real!  8)
Speaking of sounds btw, I hope you'll get the engine sounds bit louder this time, it was hard to sometimes hear anything from the engine in all FlatOut games.  ;)
Engine sounds in Rally Trophy were also good if a bit quiet sometimes.

Serenya

Speaking of sounds btw, I hope you'll get the engine sounds bit louder this time, it was hard to sometimes hear anything from the engine in all FlatOut games.  ;)
Engine sounds in Rally Trophy were also good if a bit quiet sometimes.

If they put such aggressive sounds like in RRU, I'll be very satisfied. Just listen to the Sylvian for example, that's how a car should sound like. 8)
System: i7-4790K | Asus Z97-Deluxe (USB 3.1) | G. Skill Ares 16 GB 2133 DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | 840 EVO (500 GB) | Win 7 64-bit
Input: Logitech G402 | Corsair Vengeance K70
Output: Dell U2515H | Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II | SteelSeries Siberia Elite, Koss PortaPro 2.0 & Superlux HD681 EVO

NeatNit

For the next video (you ARE making at least one more gameplay video before the end of the kickstarter, right?), please use chase cam and enable player car wrecking. I think it will show off the game a lot better :)
Also, see if you can whip up some audio... I can only assume that audio isn't ready for demonstration, but it would be very impressive if you get it working well enough in time for the next gameplay video.

Yes, I'm kind of an ass for using bold. So sue me.

Ondra

I hate that video, because....Because is only minute and half long!  ;D I like it, this is true next gen.First car next gen game where damage can be feel and car isnt some kind of jelly.Please make video that is longer and with more car crashes.Yes crash test video is great,  but car on car crashes are much better.

I have only issue, track look small and uninteresting but I assume it is only for video purpose.

And I have one question, how many cars are in game?
Symphony of destruction!

Mopower

I hate that video, because....Because is only minute and half long!  ;D I like it, this is true next gen.First car next gen game where damage can be feel and car isnt some kind of jelly.Please make video that is longer and with more car crashes.Yes crash test video is great,  but car on car crashes are much better.

I have only issue, track look small and uninteresting but I assume it is only for video purpose.

Car isn't some kind of jelly? Are you referring to BeamNG? Because that actually has 100x more realistic damage and physics... It's the best car destruction simulator ever created... However, I'm not trying to take away from NCG, as NCG will be fun, exciting, and I'm very much looking forward to it... But it bugs me when people fail to see that BeamNG is the most realistic damage you'll see of any game ever created. So when you call the car "jelly" I assume you're referring to actual soft body crashes. Whereas bugbear uses impressive vertex deformation if I'm correct. Basically, the damage is calculated no?

Oh, and nice profile pic. I dig it ;)

Cornkid

Car isn't some kind of jelly? Are you referring to BeamNG? Because that actually has 100x more realistic damage and physics... It's the best car destruction simulator ever created... However, I'm not trying to take away from NCG, as NCG will be fun, exciting, and I'm very much looking forward to it... But it bugs me when people fail to see that BeamNG is the most realistic damage you'll see of any game ever created. So when you call the car "jelly" I assume you're referring to actual soft body crashes. Whereas bugbear uses impressive vertex deformation if I'm correct. Basically, the damage is calculated no?

"Car isn't some kind of jelly? Are you referring to BeamNG? Because that actually has 100x more realistic damage and physics... It's the best car destruction simulator ever created..."

you answered your own question m8, you referred to "simulator", OP referred to "game".

Both NCG and BeamNG will have their strengths and weaknesses.

Personally, I'd never heard of Beam till it got a mention here, and its possible orig. poster was the same
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:06:13 PM by Cornkid »

Ondra

Thanks, I have many avatar but this is my favourite.  :)

I dont have anything about beamNG(I want that game too) or Rigs of Rods.But I like when are things solid and I never see car in real like that is like jelly.Also I think bugbear car damage engine is less demanding that BeamNG engine with same result.

I like both, but in my eyes is bugbear solution better.
Symphony of destruction!

Mopower

"Car isn't some kind of jelly? Are you referring to BeamNG? Because that actually has 100x more realistic damage and physics... It's the best car destruction simulator ever created..."

you answered your own question m8, you referred to "simulator", OP referred to "game".

Both NCG and BeamNG will have their strengths and weaknesses.

Personally, I'd never heard of Beam till it got a mention here, and its possible orig. poster was the same
Um... You just said what I said... The guy is talking about this "jelly" reference over and over saying it's a bad thing... Many say it's unrealistic whereas that "jelly" reaction of a car in an accident is more realistic? I was not trying to bring down either game... I said that in my post also. Though the guy's lack of English skills do make it a bit harder to understand, that's what I got out of it... I won't just sit by and let him say that the damage of a true soft body physics engine isn't realistic...

Again, I'm not bringing down NCG, but he shouldn't be comparing the games

Cornkid

@Mopower,

No worries m8, I didnt think you were trying to bring down NCG, sorry if it came across that way.

I'd honestly never heard of Beam till it was mentioned here, just thought OP might be the same.

I'm as excited as you about the release of both.

"Soft body damage" for me will be a bonus, I am more bothered about handling and tracks.

Mopower

okay... I guess I don't know what exactly anyone is referring to... resigning from this topic...

Wurzsag

Looking good.. actually pretty damn good. Okay, who am I kidding, the game looks freaking awesome! 8)

I can't wait the finished game. Keep up the good work. And we shall pray that the gods of racing let the Kickstarter succeed. :p
One of the greatest Finnish short documentary films I have seen:

Wiedidog

What we will expect in sneak peak? :D Can you guys give us a hint please?  :)
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

igoruxa9c1

Good video!
Good handling!
Good filling of speed!

8)