Author Topic: First gameplay video!  (Read 16909 times)

RacerBest

I love you guys! The handling looks perfect much to my delight :D . Looking forward to the sneak peak! Can't wait to test this new handling out in mud.  :D I'm so damn excited
Same! I really love how the handling looks already!  :o

Nauk

AMAZING, that's the word I guess
Keep it up, guys! Doing great job :D
btw, are there hd versions of these screenshots? they're so good :<

KazzyMac

One word: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

And that music. xP

On the subject of the lack of feedback on the jumps: It does look like there really isn't any, but I also want to hope that it's partially due to the camera and that the car's landing 'perfectly'. Then again I always got annoyed by the car being rather unpredictable landing jumps on FO2/FO:UC so I don't mind if the car isn't bouncing so much on jumps like that.

Still - congrats on the video, and thanks for sharing it. The game looks like it's going to be sick ... and tough as hell to drive given I can't use pedals with my steering wheel. Looks like I'll be one of those people having to use traction control or stability control, eh? =P
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Mopower

I have a question then... I didn't notice it in the video, but are you guys going to implement the option of manual shifting/transmission? That's a huge must-have for me in racing games..

Ghost

Fucking sweeeeeeet.

Wiedidog

I have a question then... I didn't notice it in the video, but are you guys going to implement the option of manual shifting/transmission? That's a huge must-have for me in racing games..
I totally agree. But i think there will be shifting. :P
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

conso1727

It's..it's..it's FANTASTIC!
Keep up the good work!

Speedevil

Nice! Love the handling and the graphics. The track looks fun too.
Like many other, I think damages and jumps look a bit weird now. But I think it will be way better in the final game.  :D

Tapio Vierros

Definitely. If you check out the driver's fingers in the video, you can see he is doing manual shifting from the "pedals" behind the wheel.

Regarding the poor landings, the main issue is that our hood camera is very unpolished. Suspension actually works, but since the camera does its own, a bit buggy thing, the end result is not really satisfactory yet.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:42:54 PM by Tapio Vierros »

Victor Cortez

Regarding the poor landings, the main issue is that our hood camera is very unpolished. Suspension actually works, but since the camera does its own, a bit buggy thing, the end result is not really satisfactory yet.

You had a little shacking and a little noice and people will say landings are too hard. :D

dave3d

Looks pretty good to me.

I take it like this:
The retro game played VERY much like Blur (Blur was one of those racing games I cant stand: bland, boring, no damage, no feeling of acceleration, I could go on all day about it), but the game that Bugbear shipped was nothing like it (which is great).
I see some issues here, but I know the end result will be much better than what we are seeing now (which is pretty darn good by itself, imo), just like with the retro game vs shipped game.

Really excited to see more, and to see it all come together, and to actually play the game.
:)

Adenru

We haven't reached Alpha yet ;)
I have feeling NCG won't come out in Q1 2014, maybe it's for the better because carmageddon is planned for Q1, but on the other hand I have feeling carmageddon won't come out in Q1 either.
Doesn't matter for me, I'l buy both anyway and will tell the brutal truth. I like FlatOut better.

Mopower

Definitely. If you check out the driver's fingers in the video, you can see he is doing manual shifting from the "pedals" behind the wheel.
Great to know! Thanks for the timely response :D. I know what my next favorite game is going to be ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Regarding the landings, it's also worth remembering that we're not cheating anything, so with a static hood camera the amount of feedback really depends on the suspension setup of the car. With a stiff suspension there's not much suspension travel, so the feedback is going be fairly minor, pretty much like you can see in the very first jump on the video. But like said, we're going to implement a more dynamic hood camera that will better simulate actual human response and give a fuller racing experience.

Great to hear you guys are liking how the handling looks in the video. I think if you've ever driven fast on gravel (hopefully not like THAT, though!), you will really appreciate our handling, it's just so refreshing how much it reminds of the actual business instead of skating on ice. We still have to do a bit more research and fine-tune various things like lateral grip when cornering, but we're already really happy where we are.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:05:58 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »