Author Topic: First gameplay video!  (Read 16342 times)

Andreaz1

Great stuff, I have to say I find it difficult to get a feel for the handling when in hood cam, but getting these updates more frequently now is fantastic. :)
ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5-4690K | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | ASUS GeForce GTX 780 | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | WD Black 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V750S | Cooler Master CM 690 III | Samsung S24D590L

St. Jimmy

Regarding the landings, it's also worth remembering that we're not cheating anything, so with a static hood camera the amount of feedback really depends on the suspension setup of the car. With stiff suspension there not much suspension travel, so the feedback is going be fairly minor, pretty much like you can see in the very first jump on the video.
Yeah that video's jumps weren't really demanding for the car now that I've watched the video couple of times. Pretty low jumps. Though any way to get near FO1 experience with higher jumps? They were maybe too hard sometimes but something close to that would be nice so you've to think how fast you go for the jump.
Just go as far with the driving physics as possible and then give options for some assists. I was pleased that the driver needed to do some work to keep the car under control. I'm sure that this game will sell at some point.

/Just noticed that cars hit invisible wall in the end. I hope (and believe) that we don't hit invisible walls that near of the track when the game is ready?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:25:00 PM by St. Jimmy »
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

John Burning

That is soooo awesome!!!
Thank you so much!!!
I LOVE YOU, BUGBEAR!!!!!
Go right ahead! :D

Purple44

Thanks for the ingame video Bugbear. :)

Now to go post about new video in the forums.

Hopefully it not to late to turn around Kickstarter campaign.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just noticed that cars hit invisible wall in the end. I hope (and believe) that we don't hit invisible walls that near of the track when the game is ready?

You won't. The track is still heavily work-in-progress and there's quite a lot of funky stuff around.

SunnyNewEngland

Could you please share more footage, but with 'chase cam'?  Thanks.

Usmovers_02

I gotta say, the graphics continue to impress me very much. And that video was with track decorations not yet placed? This is gonna be a beautiful game.

dbs213

Yup, lots of early development stuff. Cars get easily deformed and no impact feedback.

Also would it be possible to make the cars less easier to spin? I liked it in FO2, but maybe add more weight since the game is supposed to be FO1.

Potential Racing Game of The Year, 10/10 love it! :))
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

iMess

What.. i don't see any motorcycles!

Only kidding, looking awesome!

Satsuma182

Looks good so far,

I can see why the landing from jumps has raised some concern but I would also ask that the devs take care and don't make the landings unpredictable like they where in Ultimate Carnage as eventually I grew to hate them.

The car should retain its speed upon landing but perhaps lose some traction and stability and that is enough.

Not sure about the complaints with damage myself as it looks very responsive, which with soft body deformation is how it should be.

Mopower

I really can't express my excitement well enough lol. I loved seeing the player had to let off the gas more than once to make sure he kept the car on the road... Mud, snow, and dirt cornering will be a blast! Maybe have a derby track on some grass? hehe

Eggtooth

I want one thing in this game so badly. Actaully two things:

1. Mouse steering, so you can use mouse to steer the car.

2. Modern GTA-ish camera mode, where you use WSAD to drive and mouse to rotate camera around the car in chase cam mode.

Oh and I had a car/track suggestion.

How about abandoned NASCAR Oval, and old rusty NASCAR car for our pleasure of destruction? :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:30:53 AM by Eggtooth »

crazychris4124

I want one thing in this game so badly. Actaully two things:

2. Modern GTA-ish camera mode, where you use WSAD to drive and mouse to rotate camera around the car in chase cam mode.

Oh and I had a car/track suggestion.

How about abandoned NASCAR Oval, and old rusty NASCAR car for our pleasure of destruction? :P

only if they make fun of eutechnyx lol

lastbreath

Why player car didn't get wrecked? Is it undestructable for exhibition video or the game uses FO2 formula where damage is applied to a car with slower speed?

Also would it be possible to make the cars less easier to spin?
Agree.

Dude, this is so stupid, even double facepalm is not enough. Mouse steering is good for planes, but for cars?

Oh, and yes, show us the gameplay with CHASE CAM! Pleeeaaaaase!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:04:25 AM by lastbreath »

Purple44

Why player car didn't get wrecked? Is it undestructable for exhibition video or the game uses FO2 formula where damage is applied to a car with slower speed?

From update page:

Please note that the game is still very much work-in-progress, and what you see is not representative of the final quality. For example the track has not been properly decorated yet, and there's a lot of additional polish that's going to be done on it. Also, the player car damage has been disabled for the demonstration purposes.

This is not the video to judge the damage in a race. Maybe sneak peek demo will have the damage enable.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel