Author Topic: 24 cars on track - GREAT! And a quick question  (Read 3053 times)

The Very End

First of, great fun! I do hope you keep the amount of cars like this, or at least as a compromiss - 20+ cars in demolition bowls / arenas and 12 (as I guess it will be, but I hope 20 :p ) for normal tracks?

Is it also possible to make the return of the famous "Total Destruction" mode either in final product or as a hotfix for the tech demo? Short explained - every AI will follow and hunt you down. Now that would be great fun and it could stress-test things well since most of the cars would be at one spot.

Keep up the good work, spreading the word about this to people and places I know.

dbs213

I think the 24 cars thing was an experimental feature that will not be in the final game.
Comparing the level of detail seen in the trailers and screenshots to that of the "Physics Playground" seen in the Tech Demo, I think it would be wise to reduce it down to 12.
Besides, playing with 11 drivers in FOUC gave me the chills already.

If people would really need it though, I think we can stick with adding in two more cars to bump it up to 14. :))
Steam Name: that-motoring-freak
"You won't enjoy this!" Maya, Borderlands 2
"I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk." Ruby Rose, RWBY
"You wanna end up in the trunk of this thing?!" Trevor Philips, GTA V
"What kinda license do you have? A fishin' license?" Carl Johnson, GTA San Andreas

conso1727

I think the 24 cars thing was an experimental feature that will not be in the final game.
Comparing the level of detail seen in the trailers and screenshots to that of the "Physics Playground" seen in the Tech Demo, I think it would be wise to reduce it down to 12.
Besides, playing with 11 drivers in FOUC gave me the chills already.

If people would really need it though, I think we can stick with adding in two more cars to bump it up to 14. :))
14 would be the perfect number, IMO
I'd like to make a Bugbear Community event, meaning fans vs. Bugbear developers. At first I wanted to make it on FOUC, but since the devs are working hard for NCG, why not make it once the game has working multiplayer? My connection can only handle EU players, US ones somebody else must do the work.

TractorFace

I think there should be a mini game where 24 cars are in a simplistic bowl together. Just like in DD1, no detailed environments to slow it down. Just a massive last car running derby. Just on one track at least!

conso1727

I think there should be a mini game where 24 cars are in a simplistic bowl together. Just like in DD1, no detailed environments to slow it down. Just a massive last car running derby. Just on one track at least!
It would be great to see a good ol'Wrecking racing back, not a race to the checkered flag, but a race where points are given based on hits, and with a simple track design, preferably that you can't leave, like the ones in GRID, but with a bunch of crossroads like Cactuc Creek!
I'd like to make a Bugbear Community event, meaning fans vs. Bugbear developers. At first I wanted to make it on FOUC, but since the devs are working hard for NCG, why not make it once the game has working multiplayer? My connection can only handle EU players, US ones somebody else must do the work.

Usmovers_02

I'd prefer a slider just like in the sneak peak. Set up the grid so it's capable of whatever number and let us choose how many we race against if possible. My computer is nearly able to run the demo at 60 when not using the grinder. I expect having a full blown level with only 12 cars will probably preform about the same as the demo. I'd happily sacrifice 20-25 frames for another 8 or 10 cars.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:53:56 PM by Usmovers_02 »
Kyitties and Kars :D

More on my deviantart page: http://usmovers02.deviantart.com/art/Hello-Kitty-v4-420432700

Purple44

Just encase someone miss this post by Bugbear Dev to my question:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1397.45.html

So can Bugbear answer the BIG $24 question or is it to soon to ask?

Will we get 24 car derbys offline?

I know it not going happen online, but demo does show players with good PC hardware can handle 24 car derbys offline. And if have slider, player can see how many cars his computer can handle. This maybe would be a problem for career mode, put I think we would be OK if could do it just in quick derby mode.

Unless we encounter some unexpected problems, then sure. It adds plenty of fun!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:56:15 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint Looking for a Flatout mod?

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit

Velociround

I'd prefer a slider just like in the sneak peak. Set up the grid so it's capable of whatever number and let us choose how many we race against if possible.

I agree. I would always use the slider at 24 cars, it's so much fun!

Usmovers_02

I'd upgrade my GPU just to be able to run this game at max setting with 24 cars at 60 FPS.

Purple44

oops
Flatout Joint Looking for a Flatout mod?

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit

NeatNit

I'd upgrade my GPU just to be able to run this game at max setting with 24 cars at 60 FPS.

I really don't thing the GPU is the bottleneck for car number. Unless they're using GPGPU, the CPU is likely to be the one taking a much bigger load with each extra car.

Shivaxi

I absolutely love the fact that it's 24 cars right now.  I mean TWENTY FOUR CARS!! Holy God Yes!  This is one of the things I miss from games today.  I'm a huge Destruction Derby fan, and as we all know, DD2 was amazing with 20 cars on the tracks all racing and smashing ridiculously and the derbys were just mental!  No other car game has been able to produce anything like it since, especially not with 20+ cars!

BugBear, I sincerely hope you keep the 24 cars.  It's fantastic!  Even better would be to allow the user to specify the amount of cars they desire, for those who just want 12 or 8 cars.  More customization = more awesome and love and fun for everyone! <3

RadeonX1950

I absolutely love the fact that it's 24 cars right now.  I mean TWENTY FOUR CARS!! Holy God Yes!  This is one of the things I miss from games today.  I'm a huge Destruction Derby fan, and as we all know, DD2 was amazing with 20 cars on the tracks all racing and smashing ridiculously and the derbys were just mental!  No other car game has been able to produce anything like it since, especially not with 20+ cars!

BugBear, I sincerely hope you keep the 24 cars.  It's fantastic!  Even better would be to allow the user to specify the amount of cars they desire, for those who just want 12 or 8 cars.  More customization = more awesome and love and fun for everyone! <3
^this :D +1

Janne Suur-Näkki

Well, more cars was one thing that you guys were asking, wasn't it? :D

Unless something major comes up, we will keep the 24 cars for the full game at least for offline play. We have been already testing track races and derbies with the full grid of 24 cars, and thanks to our efficient tech, the performance hit is surprisingly minor. The chief problem is that, as you can imagine, the tracks get extremely crowded since most of them have been designed for a lesser amount of cars, so the going gets quickly very rough. But of course that's something that can be worked around, so it's not really going to pose a problem.

Online is something that we cannot confirm yet.
resident game designer

The Very End

YES!!!!
Great! Thanks! :D

Great news to hear this late evening! And too crowded is just perfect ;)