Author Topic: Poor Textures  (Read 2735 times)

Davis

SOLVED:
deadmoroz14 linked to a post that helped me out. I needed to reset to default settings in Catalyst Control Center. Changing the settings alone wouldn't do the trick.

-------

Hey guys. I just got the 1.01 demo downloaded and installed today. I seem to be having problems, though. The textures look terrible, even on max settings. I've tried to turn down the settings, run the game, then turn them back up. That didn't solve the issue.

Here's some screenshots [original size: 1920x1080] showing my problem (I seem to notice this on Ridge Racer: Driftopia on Steam too. What's the deal?)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:49:49 AM by Davis »

Purple44

Did you try the fix in this thread?

sneak peek dont work :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RacerBest

Have you ever updated your graphics card drivers?

Tapio Vierros

You could also check your GPU control panel that it does not have any "prefer speed over quality" settings activated.

Davis

My graphics drivers are all up to day, yes. I have everything set to "Use Application Settings" where possible. I've made a profile in AMD Catalyst Control Center for the demo to mess around with since it doesn't want to play nice with my global settings that work for every other game I've played. Anyway, here's the current settings that produce the same result as before. (I've tried Surface Format Optimization on and off with no difference.)

deadmoroz14

Set "Standard" for "Filter" feature. As I understand, "Box" is a blur filter. So, maybe it craps the quality of image
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:17:24 PM by deadmoroz14 »
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Davis

Set "Standard" for "Filter" feature. As I understand, "Box" is a blur filter. So, maybe it craps the quality of image

Any other ideas? I will try this suggestion as soon as I'm back at the dorm after Thanksgiving, but I wanted to see if there were any other thoughts in the mean time.

Edit: Wow, just played the preview a little bit on my laptop (with no texture issues). It's beautiful.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:18:02 AM by Davis »

Davis

Any other ideas? I will try this suggestion as soon as I'm back at the dorm after Thanksgiving, but I wanted to see if there were any other thoughts in the mean time.

Edit: Wow, just played the preview a little bit on my laptop (with no texture issues). It's beautiful.

There is only Box, Narrow-Tent, Wide-Tent, or Edge Detect... all of which make no difference.

I still seem to be unable to make these textures look right. Any more solutions?

NeatNit

Edit: ignore me.

deadmoroz14

There is only Box, Narrow-Tent, Wide-Tent, or Edge Detect... all of which make no difference.

I still seem to be unable to make these textures look right. Any more solutions?

Have you tried to restore default settings?
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=353934
People say that helps
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:04:41 PM by deadmoroz14 »
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Davis

Hace you tried to restore default settings?
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=353934
People say that helps

Thanks for the link! That did it. This post in particular.