Author Topic: Manual Transmission with Clutch /realism options  (Read 4552 times)

Just an idea to throw out there!
I know it's a long post, but bear with me.

The tech demo is awesome, the handling isnt too arcade-ish, and has a nice feel to it... But I'm a hardcore simracer at heart. For me to like any type of racing game, I need the option of a manual trans. And for me to truly LOVE a game, and keep playing it for years to come, I need a manual trans w/ clutch.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to integrate into the game, but if I could custom map a clutch button I would be the happiest gamer alive! ha..

With that, comes my idea for realism settings. It ties into my want for a clutch.. I'm a grassroots drifter in real life, and it reflects in my gaming as well. Being able to enter a corner on a game and either clutch kick the car into it, or hold the clutch / downshift/ then release it (shift lock entry) would be awesome!

I'm judging the handling on the one car i've driven in the sneak peek, so I cant judge a book by it's cover.. but like I said earlier, the handling does have a bit of an arcade-style feel to it. Which is ok by all means, I understand that there is a large fanbase to please. But some simulation or hardcore physics options would be nice! They don't have to increase your standings in the game or anything... just being there for us sim guys to give ourselves a bit more of a challenge would be cool.

even if it was one setting that just erased all assists and made the handling a bit more slippery would be fine. You guys are SO close to having the perfect physics model for my liking as it is.

Along with the reality settings, some more realism gaming modes, or tracks/cars would widen the audience base as well.

-Rally (which I've already seen on here, but is genious!) The emulated fear of flying by trees at 100mph would be epic with your physics

-Drifting.. which is an obvious suggestion by me. ha.. But being able to run tandems (bumping the car next to you) and wall-tap with your damage modeling would be incredible. Plus, the online aspect would be INSANELY popular. Open lobby, unlimited lap drift lounge rooms. Think about it!

-Short course offroad truck racing (a very destructive sport in real life)

-Stock Car oval racing (rubbin' is racin' ...haha) -an obvious suggestion, but would be loads of fun

-I was going to say full sim track racing, but I know that it deviates too far from the games initial core idea.

and of course, the ability to custom map controls.. even on consoles!
People love variety, and I think it's that feeling of depth that makes a game a legend. Tired of playing one genre of racing? Try a different discipline! WITHOUT trying a different game!

Just imagine.. starting off with a clean, straight, untouched car. Then turning it into a drift missile, one body-crimpling impact at a time!

If this game ends up having any of this level of freedom and diversity, I will most likely play it forever.
 ;)

Thanks for reading BugBear!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:37:08 AM by BLITZKRIEG_DAVE! »

Mopower

I do like the idea of a manual tranny w/ clutch! Though without a wheel and pedals, I'd never be able to do it efficiently unfortunately. So while I do totally support this, I won't be able to use it cuz I'm cheap ;) So manual w/ auto clutch is fine with me :)

And some of your other ideas are pretty cool, though, like you said, I don't know how much bugbear wants to deviate from the original purpose of the game. Though arena trophy trucks are pretty cool
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

My first time using manual with clutch in a game with just a handheld controller was in the Forza series, it was quite the learning curve at first.. but you'd be surprised at how fun it is once you get used to it!

I figured that voicing my suggestions would help plant the bug in their heads.. If they dont use them, atleast it'd help sprout ideas for DLC or later games that use their physics model!

Purple44

The tech demo is awesome, the handling isnt too arcade-ish, and has a nice feel to it... But I'm a hardcore simracer at heart. For me to like any type of racing game, I need the option of a manual trans. And for me to truly LOVE a game, and keep playing it for years to come, I need a manual trans w/ clutch.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to integrate into the game, but if I could custom map a clutch button I would be the happiest gamer alive! ha..

When you say "map a clutch button", do you mean a button on a pad or a button on a wheel to use as a clutch?  If pad, you race manual with a pad?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

When you say "map a clutch button", do you mean a button on a pad or a button on a wheel to use as a clutch?  If pad, you race manual with a pad?

Yes. If i don't have my wheel out, then I do play with a pad.. and I do it quite often. The option to map a clutch axis with a wheel is obviously wanted as well though.

St. Jimmy

Forza Motorsport clutch works with a button or a pedal.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

oxykeni

You should be able just to select Automatic, Manual and Manual with clutch, and just setup the clutch for a pedal or button. Simple and easy. if you drive with a wheel and use clutch pedal and then change for a pad, and dont want to use clutch just select Manual.

hebgbs

One of the packs that was required for Purple44's FO2 mod had transmission options, but no clutch sadly. Also does NOT play nice with GameRanger.

I do hope that player servers are decentralized so reliance on such software for netplay via fake LAN isn't necessary years down the line. I know the game is going to be on Steam, but the last patch for this game should be to support P2P gaming.

zFireWyvern

I'd love to see manual w/ clutch included

Anarchy_Blues

Seems a bit pointless since no matter how hard you try you'll never make it realistic... So instead of aiming for half-assed realism why not aim for perfect arcade?

museumsteve

What about those of us with pedals that have clutches. Seems riding the clutch for drifting corners could be perfect for this game :)

kickstart

I hope for clutch, too. Any news, about this?

Ak1504

Totally agree... This game needs an manual clutch...
Intel i7-4770K - Corsair H100i - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - 16 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400Mhz -
EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC - BeQuiet L8 CM 630 - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB -
WD Caviar Green 1500GB - Zalman MS 800 Plus - Roccat Isku - Roccat Kone XTD - Fanatec CSR

xxxstefxxx

yeah  , clutch , and         well ,  console hmm   but on pc  for  racers   ,  yeah  whe like   clutch and switches and buttons  .

Rocket455Man

Hi!

The clutch in start and then hard shifts without clutch. :lol
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro