Author Topic: "Hardcore mode"  (Read 9424 times)

saku446

So, i've been thinking about this for quite a long time now. I would like to see an "Hardcore" mode possibility in multipalyer.
The basic idea is that you can't use any driving assists ( ABS, traction control, etc) and if you crash and you break your car, your race will be over. So there won't be any reset possibilities.
And of course there will be realistic damage so one hard crash is enough to break your car. This way the races would be much more exciting and you really should concentrate on the race, because one wrong move could fuck up the whole race.

RacerBest

Sounds nice. I would like to try this game mode.  :)

conso1727

For multiplayer it should work, so races are decided by actual skill.

Mopower

Touching on some very interesting things here... I'd like to see something like this as well :)

Adenru

In GRID I was disappointed there wasn't "cockpit-only" option for multiplayer.

St. Jimmy

Yes this is something I'd like to see. Next folkrace racing :D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

KingOfTheCakes

I'd like to see a mode like this too. Though I really hope that assists are non-existent in the final game. It should have one handling style which every one has to adjust to. That's just my opinion at least.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:22:59 AM by TractorFace »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Iwasawa

Its a good idea but, i hope there wont be assist in the game at all. And the resetting off would just ruin many players game, just imagine someone push you up to something and you stuck for the whole race.
In my opinion, not for just this mode, but for the whole game the reset should have a timer or something. You only can reset is you dont/cant move for 10 secs.
And the realistic damage would be great. Many players should learn to drive, instead of just sliding on walls. (But for this, Bugbear have to make a really gread sync system. Just imagine you hit someone and your car get wrecked, his car take zero damage. Or a lagger wrecks your car immadiately.
So, because of this, the rooms must have pingkicker.

KazzyMac

I don't think wallriding will be a problem in NCG. I've tried wallrubbing in the demo, and it either completely ruined the side of my car + the handling, or kicked it into a spin. Or both.

Still, turning assists off might be a good option - though, I'd still ask that people can decide between manual and manual w/clutch since I can't use a clutch on a joypad. It might be something I stay away from anyway, because even though I have a wheel I'm still restricted to using buttons for throttle/brake due to space constraints. Bit of a shame, but for the purists I'm sure it'll be fun.
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Mopower

Its a good idea but, i hope there wont be assist in the game at all. And the resetting off would just ruin many players game, just imagine someone push you up to something and you stuck for the whole race.
In my opinion, not for just this mode, but for the whole game the reset should have a timer or something. You only can reset is you dont/cant move for 10 secs.
And the realistic damage would be great. Many players should learn to drive, instead of just sliding on walls. (But for this, Bugbear have to make a really gread sync system. Just imagine you hit someone and your car get wrecked, his car take zero damage. Or a lagger wrecks your car immadiately.
Yes, insta resets really bug me. And wallriding is fixed now I believe so that people an't do it... And also, the lag issue, I too believe that people should get kicked if their latency is too high... Or at least have it a host controlled option. And it would definitely suck in ranked to have your car destroyed by a lagger and they take no damage!

Purple44

Yes, insta resets really bug me. And wallriding is fixed now I believe so that people an't do it... And also, the lag issue, I too believe that people should get kicked if their latency is too high... Or at least have it a host controlled option. And it would definitely suck in ranked to have your car destroyed by a lagger and they take no damage!

I think it be good to have two handling modes like we saw in Flatout 1. Normal handling and Professional handle for those that want more of a challenge in offline or online. But in online host list, there need to be shown that host is using Pro mode, so players are not "surprise" when race starts and they find the handling different.  :o

We saw this in GRID 1 with all assists off host, guys would join host and at start of race with F3000 Formula 1 cars, they would floor the gas and their car would fish tail all over the place and be left behind at the start of race.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

Lag is one of the biggest problems in multiplayer games, but the idea sounds good.

Neurosis

i hereby support this cause

realistic damage would make races that much more tense/exciting

Ozozer

For multiplayer it should work, so races are decided by actual skill.

yes, thats just what I hope.
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

Axzel

I support this idea, but i was hoping that there could be like a career multiplayer and a arcade multiplayer. the career multiplayer is based completely on realism, from buying your car to maintaining it for the next event ect. if it gets utterly totaled, you need to buy a new one, and then the arcade would be more like flat out, unlimited re-spawns, pick any car and any event.