Author Topic: "Hardcore mode"  (Read 9696 times)

leko

I like the idea of hardcore mode, maybe it would be better than the normal mode (in my opinion.

loupfu

Totally agree with this topic ! And I would add a pit stop management for long races. Repair of all kinds, replacing the hood, change tyres (wich can break)... That would be awesome !!

Crasher

Hardcore mode, iam ready 8)

Internetlad

Head locked camera and no HUD would be a must.

Hone McBone

Yeah hardcore mode sounds like a great idea.

dadavidvid

Good idea !

But why not 3 possibility

Arcade / Normal / hardcore

moe4tw

awesome idea +1 8)

Traumend

I have a feeling this mode would be the only one I would play if it was implemented in the game. The amount of damage you can take and the impact forces are a little unrealistic and a mode like this would bring the "Clean race" crowds I've seen on the forums flocking in.

I just feel sorry for the poor sod that gets demolished on the first corner by someone who doesn't care if they are out of the race straight away as long as they take someone down with them.

Satsuma182

This mode is a must,

If not the mode then at least the possibility of turning all assists off and forcing certain settings in a room i.e cockpit view.

I'm not sure about this mode being aimed at 'clean racers', this is a contact racing game. If you don't like getting hit or being eliminated from a race then you'll need to start liking it, because that will happen a lot online.

DiamondSnake

I definitely like the idea! Just one problem, i would be such a troll online in that game mode lol.
I'd spend more time trying to send people into trees and walls to eliminate the competition and win the race XD.

Purple44

I definitely like the idea! Just one problem, i would be such a troll online in that game mode lol.
I'd spend more time trying to send people into trees and walls to eliminate the competition and win the race XD.

If we get the kick vote system from Flatout 2 and you join a clean racing lobby, you may get 1 warning to settle down before you get kick or have 11 players pile drive you into a tree.  ;)

If the old gang from Flatout 1 online come back, watch out, they don't take kindly to "trolls"!!  :P Flatout 1 was may first online racing game back in 2005 and the Euro guys taught me to race clean or leave their lobby. We use to use the propeller mod to make the stock FO1 cars go faster.  ;)

patch.ini:

Archives = {
   [1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
   [2] = "FOV3-Patches/wheeltest.bfs",
   [3] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/vincarpack.bfs",
   [4] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/MCOmusclepack.bfs",
   [5] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/MCOclassicpack.bfs",
   [6] = "FOV3-CustomCars/car18_Skidrows_CopCar_Redone.bfs",
   [7] = "FOV3-CustomCars/20_MurPepp.bfs",
   [8] = "FOV3-CustomCars/24buickgtsfov3.bfs",
   [9] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/29cobrafov3.bfs",
   [10] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/32CamaroRSSS_car32.bfs",
   [11] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/31jeepV2.bfs",
   [12] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/car30_65corvette.bfs",
   [13] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/M&Mskin_car16.bfs",
   [14] = "FOV3-CustomCars/tires/trackmasters.bfs",
   [15] = "FOV3-CustomCars/car29cobraskins.bfs",
   [16] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/car32camaroskins.bfs",
   [17] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/purplefh.bfs",
   [18] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
   [19] = "FOV3-Patches/TownArt.bfs",
   [20] = "FOV3-Patches/fig8 track pack.bfs",
   [21] = "FOV3-Patches/evil-funhouse.bfs",
   [22] = "FOV3-Patches/propellermod.bfs",
}
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

revenge9977

If we get the kick vote system from Flatout 2 and you join a clean racing lobby, you may get 1 warning to settle down before you get kick or have 11 players pile drive you into a tree.  ;)

If the old gang from Flatout 1 online come back, watch out, they don't take kindly to "trolls"!!  :P Flatout 1 was may first online racing game back in 2005 and the Euro guys taught me to race clean or leave their lobby. We use to use the propeller mod to make the stock FO1 cars go faster.  ;)

patch.ini:

Archives = {
   [1] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3.bfs",
   [2] = "FOV3-Patches/wheeltest.bfs",
   [3] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/vincarpack.bfs",
   [4] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/MCOmusclepack.bfs",
   [5] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/MCOclassicpack.bfs",
   [6] = "FOV3-CustomCars/car18_Skidrows_CopCar_Redone.bfs",
   [7] = "FOV3-CustomCars/20_MurPepp.bfs",
   [8] = "FOV3-CustomCars/24buickgtsfov3.bfs",
   [9] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/29cobrafov3.bfs",
   [10] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/32CamaroRSSS_car32.bfs",
   [11] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/31jeepV2.bfs",
   [12] = "FOV3-CustomCars/Mur/car30_65corvette.bfs",
   [13] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/M&Mskin_car16.bfs",
   [14] = "FOV3-CustomCars/tires/trackmasters.bfs",
   [15] = "FOV3-CustomCars/car29cobraskins.bfs",
   [16] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/car32camaroskins.bfs",
   [17] = "FOV3-CustomCars/skins/purplefh.bfs",
   [18] = "FOV3-Patches/fov3overrite.bfs",
   [19] = "FOV3-Patches/TownArt.bfs",
   [20] = "FOV3-Patches/fig8 track pack.bfs",
   [21] = "FOV3-Patches/evil-funhouse.bfs",
   [22] = "FOV3-Patches/propellermod.bfs",
}
Don'get me wrong but I don't understand why people buy a demo derby game when they don't want to be wrecked, go play dirt then... It is like people on dayZ or minecraft who get mad when die.

Purple44

Don'get me wrong but I don't understand why people buy a demo derby game when they don't want to be wrecked, go play dirt then... It is like people on dayZ or minecraft who get mad when die.

No DIRT 2 in 2005. DIRT 1 was only rally racing ( no side by side car racing ) and got release in 2007.

I do agree with you, if I join a host and they are racing rough, either I join in on the rough racing or go find another host. I have no right to complain about the rough racing. I saw this in GRID 1 derby racing. Player would join a rough and tumble derby race and then get all upset when the wreckers wreck his car and player would complain in the text chat. We would type back, "hey it a derby race, if want a clean race go do touring car".

Now would you expect players to race clean in GRID 1 or 2? Many times a player would join a touring car host in GRID 1 and use other players as a cushion around the corners. So a lot of the "good" players that wanted a good clean race would go find a 5 lap touring car host. The griefers usually stay away form 5 lap hosts, since if they wreck their car, they'd have to sit for another 3 laps before another race would start.

Also a host could use a password, but if the Euro guys from Flatout 1 had use a password, I would not of gotten to meet a bunch of great guys online and learn how fun clean racing could be. But if you join my Flatout 1 host, you would look for this host title in Flatoutnet, "Bump to Pass". I like rough and tumble racing and I also like bumper to bumper clean racing with good players that know the tracks.

Online with the FOv3 mod for Flatout 1.

This is why GRID 1 derby racing is GREAT and will be miss in GRID 2!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:50:58 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

revenge9977

No DIRT 2 in 2005. DIRT 1 was only rally racing ( no side by side car racing ) and got release in 2007.

I do agree with you, if I join a host and they are racing rough, either I join in on the rough racing or go find another host. I have no right to complain about the rough racing. I saw this in GRID 1 derby racing. Player would join a rough and tumble derby race and then get all upset when the wreckers wreck his car and player would complain in the text chat. We would type back, "hey it a derby race, if want a clean race go do touring car".

Now would you expect players to race clean in GRID 1 or 2? Many times a player would join a touring car host in GRID 1 and use other players as a cushion around the corners. So a lot of the "good" players that wanted a good clean race would go find a 5 lap touring car host. The griefers usually stay away form 5 lap hosts, since if they wreck their car, they'd have to sit for another 3 laps before another race would start.

Also a host could use a password, but if the Euro guys from Flatout 1 had use a password, I would not of gotten to meet a bunch of great guys online and learn how fun clean racing could be. But if you join my Flatout 1 host, you would look for this host title in Flatoutnet, "Bump to Pass". I like rough and tumble racing and I also like bumper to bumper clean racing with good players that know the tracks.

Online with the FOv3 mod for Flatout 1.

This is why GRID 1 derby racing is GREAT and will be miss in GRID 2!

GRID: 5 lap touring car racing online, trying to race clean & fair.
That's what I'm talikng about, thanks for the reply.