Author Topic: New derby mode with the sneak peek canon?  (Read 1075 times)

Purple44

This is my idea for a new derby mode for Bugbear "Next Car Game". I suggest using the sneak peek canyon in a derby. :)

I'm thinking online we could use the spheres or the rockets to wreck the other player's cars. This mode could be last man standing or do a deathmatch with respawns. Deathmatch would have a time limit, say 4 mins, who ever gets the most kills, win the match. I'm not a fan of respawns in a derby, but in a deathmatch mode I be OK with it. Cars would need to ghost for a few seconds after respawn so players could not camp respawn spots for easy kills.

I also think canon derby mode would work good for Team derbys.  :)

Not sure if this mode would work offline with the AI. So I suggest in an offline canon derby, you use a free camera mode and are give a time limit to wreck all 23 AI with the canon.

One problem I see with this mode that would need some tweaking, is how fast you can fire spheres or rockets. I don't think it be good for this mode it you can rapid fire the spheres/rockets. Should only be able to fire 1 object per second. and if that too fast, make it 1 object fire every 2 seconds.

Bugbear could use existing derby pits, no need for new derby pits, unless Bugbear put this mode into the sneak peek playground.

So what you guys think?

New derby mode with the sneak peek canon?
  video
Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit

Satsuma182

Driven to destruction had very similar novelty modes in which you fired exploding chickens into the opposition.

There was an unlockable setting for normal races to customise them into something different or there was a 1v1 deathmatch party game in one of the arenas  (Perfect for split screen).

In the deathmatch there was a reload timer of around 5/6 seconds meaning that if you missed your shot your opponent would have had enough chance to get out of your sights by the time you reloaded, also one shot wasn't enough to kill a car it would take multiple hits before your damage meter got to zero and your opponent gained a kill.

I'm not against the mode if it is done well, it should be a novelty if it is included and not be taken too seriously, perhaps this is where bugbear can leave a subtle throwback to the ragdolls?

conso1727

I don't think Bugbear will include such mode, it goes against the game's setting. Unless modding happens, of course.
I'd like to make a Bugbear Community event, meaning fans vs. Bugbear developers. At first I wanted to make it on FOUC, but since the devs are working hard for NCG, why not make it once the game has working multiplayer? My connection can only handle EU players, US ones somebody else must do the work.

Adenru

I think carmageddon will be worse than what we have in tech demo.

Ozozer

nah, I think that they should make the best game with the money they have and all the basic things. but yeah, if the cannon is already made, why not?
Whoa, Steam summer sale 2014/ has started slowly for me! :D

Purple44

nah, I think that they should make the best game with the money they have and all the basic things. but yeah, if the cannon is already made, why not?

I would not make canon derby part of career mode, just something extra to do for fun.

Satsuma182

I disagree in that is goes against the games setting, bugbear have already said they will do away with complete realism in favour of fun.

Driven to destruction was and is the most realistic derby game I have played to date including community made games such as DD & FIG8 Race and it had similar novelty modes that still felt relevant to the game, The chickens were not random as you live on your grandmothers farm in the career mode and there were always chickens around your cars.

I understand people would rather the core features of the game were prioritised over features such as this and I certainly agree with that but if bugbear plan on including local/online party games then something similar would be a lot of fun.

Purple44

Bugbear plate is pretty full right now with just finishing up the game, I'm more than will to wait for this mode to be added to the expansion pack I hope Bugbear will release down the road after NCG get release.

Iwasawa

It would be... idk boring. Everyone would be dead or fly off the map after one minute of playing. Im waiting the tactical damage system, that could bring some strategy into this game.

Purple44

It would be... idk boring. Everyone would be dead or fly off the map after one minute of playing. Im waiting the tactical damage system, that could bring some strategy into this game.

That why I said use existing derby pits ( players could not drive off the end of the map like in sneak peek ) and use respawn to have a deathmatch. Player with the most kills win the match or team with the most kills win the match.

Deathmatch is fun mode with Gas Guzzlers Extreme online, it just hard finding 8 players online to fill a room. :(  Would not have that problem with NCG. Will be hundreds of PC players online on a Saturday, like we saw with Flatout 2 for years!!

Almost 3 years after the release of Flatout 2: http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1743.0
Here the latest news on Empire Interactive:

Zoo Publishing Snags Empire Interactive Licenses

Zoo Publishing announced a deal to license, publish, and distribute the catalog of titles previously published and developed by, the now defunct, Empire Interactive, allowing it to re-release previous Empire titles, to port previously released games to new platforms, and to create a new gaming content from existing IPs.

Well Flatout 2 online server still working, there over 500 players online right now:

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=1420