Author Topic: Bugbear, you call THIS a 'pre-alpha'?!  (Read 3251 times)

Comrade Suhov

Really, what the hell?!

Not a single crash in about 4 hours, no memory leaks, not unfinished props and placeholder textures. Even menus looks like they are mostly complete. Damage system mostly finished, vehicle handling is just great. Even steering wheel support is here from the beginning.

Looks like there is nearly no work left for transitions between pre-alpha and alpha.  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:45:58 PM by Comrade Suhov »

conso1727

Seriously, I expected the same!  >: (
Not even a single issue!

Enough kidding, from this state tha game only has to improve!
I'd like to make a Bugbear Community event, meaning fans vs. Bugbear developers. At first I wanted to make it on FOUC, but since the devs are working hard for NCG, why not make it once the game has working multiplayer? My connection can only handle EU players, US ones somebody else must do the work.

deadmoroz14

Really, what the hell?!

Not a single crarsh in about 4 hours, no memory leaks, not unfinished props and placeholder textures. Even menus looks like they are mostly complete. Damage system mostly finished, vehicle handling is just great. Even steering wheel support is here from the beginning.

Looks like there is nearly no work left for transitions between pre-alpha and alpha.  :)

Nice to see you here, comrade
*Bob Kelso from RP*

SpamcakeRex

wait so how do we download it?

Eurotrash

I'm confused. Is he complaining or not ?:S

oxykeni

wait so how do we download it?

From Steam, check your email.

Usmovers_02

BB continues to prove they are master game engine technicians. I have issues with framerate consistency but that's to be expected so early in development. My 560 is averaging about 50 FPS (no vsync med shadows and no reflections) and never dips below 30 unless there is EXTREME carnage going on. Outside of that the engine is preforming beautifully. I haven't encountered any graphics glitches and not a single crash.

Cossiephil

i agree, looks amazing, plays great and not had any problems. still a few little tweaks to do with AI and cameras but for a pre Alpha extremely impressed.
loving every second of it.   
spec:

Intel Core i7-3930K 4.4GHz (Sandybridge-E)
Asus X79 Sabertooth Intel X79
Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual/Quad Channel
Sapphire HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ 3072MB GDDR5
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
http://www.youtube.com/user/cossiephil1

conso1727

I'm confused. Is he complaining or not ?:S
Usually early alpha games are full of bugs of any kind, instead this game, even though with little content, runs flawlessly.
So he is complaining that this early alpha is bug free, but in an ironic manner.
I'd like to make a Bugbear Community event, meaning fans vs. Bugbear developers. At first I wanted to make it on FOUC, but since the devs are working hard for NCG, why not make it once the game has working multiplayer? My connection can only handle EU players, US ones somebody else must do the work.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks guys, we're really happy to hear you're having such a great experience. To be honest, we didn't have too much time for testing to get the release out in time for the holidays, so we were a bit anxious about the quality of the build. Like I think I already stated elsewhere, there are quite a few issues that need to be fixed, but luckily they should not be too detrimental to the experience at this point.

We're also really happy that the first build is finally out because it means that we have pretty much nailed all the boring (to any of our coders reading this, sorry!) stuff and can finally concentrate on building the game around the base we now have. That means more tracks with more content, more cars, proper upgrading, better driving dynamics, and so on, and of course a lot of fine-tuning to everything that we already have.

Of course you guys will be first ones to enjoy all the improvements first-hand with our future Early Access releases.
resident game designer

St. Jimmy

Is this really pre-alpha? The Sneak Peek was kind of pre-alpha but I don't think this is that anymore. This is alpha already because Early Access has begun.
i7 2600K @ 4,4GHz
GTX 680 2GB
Ripjaws X 8GB 1600 MHz

Janne Suur-Näkki

Not exactly. For us, Alpha means that the title is feature-complete, which NCG obviously is not yet, thus Pre-Alpha.

The Sneak Peek was simply a technology demo demonstrating our engine we are using in NCG.
resident game designer

Teho

I was shocked to see that email last night when there wasn't any news about Pre-Alpha in facebook, your website etc. I was still skeptical while downloading from Steam - "They've just added Sneak Peek 2 to Steam..." - I'm so glad I was wrong.

All this christmas cleaning and fuss and all I can think about is how awesome this game is!

You must've done something right Bugbear - Christmas came early this year ;)

GT-Racer

Hi Bugbeargames

Will you update the early access with new Content etc. in the future? Love this Game!!! great job!

Indy

Hi Bugbeargames

Will you update the early access with new Content etc. in the future? Love this Game!!! great job!

Yes, thats how early access works, they will be adding more content. I cant wait for more cars, tracks and multiplayer!