Author Topic: It still works after all this time!  (Read 12339 times)

LUNITIC_WILL

i wish it were on steam
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

draev

Anyone know if there is a way to get this up and running on 64-bit Windows 8.1 machines? After install, launcher starts fine but I can't get to settings menu nor does the game start. Compatibility mode doesn't help either...

aerocrane

Anyone know if there is a way to get this up and running on 64-bit Windows 8.1 machines? After install, launcher starts fine but I can't get to settings menu nor does the game start. Compatibility mode doesn't help either...

Set the game's executable (not the launcher!) to run as administrator, then it should work just fine.

draev

Set the game's executable (not the launcher!) to run as administrator, then it should work just fine.

I've tried this and it didn't help. Tried on two computers even, both runnin Win 8.1 and both do the same thing (wich is nothing). I must be missing something really stupid and simple and feel like a idiot after I get it to work, if it really should work with just setting the game's .exe to run as admin >.<

kruleworld

What I do not understand is why no follow up on the title?

We do throw around the idea of doing another rally game, oh, maybe once a year. It's a very long road from "stuff that would be fun to do" to "we're actually working on something and someone is paying for it". Never say never.
I think the only viable way to make a rally game would be to build a base racing game (something like assetto corsa) then use that base to do other games, like rally, rally-cross, bike racing, cart racing, etc
He's dusted, busted and disgusted, but he's ok.
Windows 8.1, Asus Z87-GD65, intel-i7-4770k, GTX770, 16GB

Frisker

What I do not understand is why no follow up on the title?

We do throw around the idea of doing another rally game, oh, maybe once a year. It's a very long road from "stuff that would be fun to do" to "we're actually working on something and someone is paying for it". Never say never.
I think the only viable way to make a rally game would be to build a base racing game (something like assetto corsa) then use that base to do other games, like rally, rally-cross, bike racing, cart racing, etc

After Wreckfest is finished, why not take ROMU engine and tweak it accordingly for a rally title. That would be the best rally game ever. I haven't played Rally Trophy, but I do enjoy rally titles sometimes, and I would like to see sequel for Rally Trophy, since everyone is saying it was awesome.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

rage

Any Bugbear chaps got any 'making of' info on this game?

Don't have any making of materials for Rally Trophy since I joined Bugbear after it was released but at the time there was fierce competition going on between Rally Trophy and Colin McRae Rally and we still have this banner on our office wall :)
I remember there was a long article about the development on some finnish gaming magazine. Don't remember much about it, just that shadow pre-rendering was generally a long shot and guys had to tweak a few too tight corners due to framerate drops.