Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 16974 times)

Joonas Laakso

My name is Joonas Laakso. I work as a producer at Bugbear. I've been here for a little over four years now. Making games is pretty sweet!

I blog at Dusty Gamer and you can find me on Twitter at @jlaakso.

In addition to making games, I write (currently working on a comic book and a scifi novel), play with miniatures (Blood Bowl!), play a little guitar and especially play roleplaying games (all of them, really). I'm very much involved in volunteer youth work, running a game development club in Helsinki and holding lectures and courses in schools. It's a great time to be into games.

Jukka Merikanto

Hey all,

I'm Jukka Merikanto, level designer from Bugbear. I started here in 2003 as a lead artist on racing title called Glimmerati that was released for Nokia's N-Gage gaming phone back in 2005. I've since been involved in Sega Rally PSP, Ridge Racer Unbounded and every Flatout game made by Bugbear (BTW: Flatout 3 - Chaos & Destruction is NOT one of them! ;))

We are currently pre-producing our next big title and I will be posting behind the scenes making of materials along the process aswell as going through my archive of work-in-progress stuff from our previous games for you to enjoy. Stay tuned!

Lastly I have a confession to make - I was responsible for placing all those car wrecking rocks hiding under foliage in Flatout 2. Sorry about that, I promise I won't do it again!  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:52:23 PM by Jukka Merikanto »
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

psychicparrot

Hi!

I'm Jeff Murray, a game developer/designer and author. I'm obsessed with racing games and I worked in the games industry for a while, designing and directing games for Microsoft, RealArcade and Hasbro, before I went indie and decided to spend time with my family (more like remind them of who I was, I was working so much!). I'm currently working on an uber:low budget racing game for budget release in the hope that it will raise enough money to pay for a 3d artist to make a better racing game next time around. If I can one day make something as cool as Tough Trucks I would happily tick 'make awesome racing game' off my bucket list :)

I live in Canada and my favourite games are Ridge Racer Unbounded (really! not just trying to win you guys over!), Split Second, Skyrim and as I am pushing 40 my list wouldn't be complete without Pac-Man.

I really can't wait to find out what Bugbear is working on next, as I'm a big fan, and yes Jukka the rocks were evil but if you show us some cool archive stuff I'm sure we can forget all about them!

Jeff.

John Burning

Heyoo! :D
My name is Vladimir "John Burning" Schigelsky and I'm just big fan of FlatOuts and RRU. Really, this is the best games I've played!
I like to play games about speed, destroy and creating. And I'm learning to work in "Wings 3D" and Photoshop.
I'm playing the drums (About 5 years), played the piano (7 years) and mouth-organ. Soon I'm going to start to learn playing the guitar :) My lovely bands are: The Hives, Airbourne, Wolfmother, Static-X and other.
And i like to create. I'm painting new arts for FlatOut (like this. And if you'd like to take this vehicles, take it!) http://returnofflatout.clan.su/_si/0/59769850.jpg
http://returnofflatout.clan.su/_si/0/19596451.jpg
And I made The Return Of FlatOut Community. We are always inventing something new and different. There're only 3 guys (Me and 2 my friends from Ukraine and Syberia :D).
By the way, I'm making the FlatOut wiki! http://flatoutgame.wikia.com/wiki/Flatoutgame_Wiki
It's on pre-alpha stage now, so, if you want to help me, you are welcome!
I'd love to help Bugbear with the games. I've got ideas and arts, but I don't need anything exchange for.
So, ready, steady, destroy!

Hi everybody!

My name is Waltteri Reunamo and i'm a soon (day after tomorrow actually) graduated computeranimation/games student from Pori. I have a business also named animera. Im trying to focus on environment modeling. I love 3d modeling and game creation as a whole. I do like fishing, cats, movies, playing games and lifting heavy weights too. Currently i'm looking for a job in game industry and working on my portfolio.

I can be found from:

http://animera.fi/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/waltterireunamo
https://twitter.com/#!/WaltteriReunamo

Jani Mäkinen

Hi everyone!

My name is Jani Mäkinen, I'm a programmer at Bugbear.

I might not talk a whole lot, but I am very interested in the things you guys write about and I want to let you guys know I do read the forums a lot and try to continue to do so in the future every day.

I wish a nice enjoyable summer for everyone 8)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:18:37 PM by Jani Mäkinen »

Tabuli

Hello everybody!

My name is Tapio Perälä, and I've never done pretty much anything involving making games.
That being said, I've been DM for years in our group. Also, I've been an active player (my first own gaming machine was Ye Olde C64) for over 23 years now, and I've come up with dozens of ideas for a game.

I'm really interested in Bugbear 'cause I was very impressed with Rally Trophy (played it *a lot* with a friend of mine), and FlatOut just bombed the bank.

I hope you guys at Bugbear try your wings with other than just racing games, although you really excel in those.

Cheers for finnish gaming industry!

Edit: Typos, typos, typos...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:54:29 AM by Tabuli »

Tommi Tissari

G´day lads an´ lasses!  ;)

My name is Tommi Tissari, I'm an Environment Artist at Bugbear. 

Ok, here is some fun facts about me. I love to cook, watch movies and drink beer (quality beer!) with my friends. Loads of good movies (TV series too!) combined with a good steak or two with wild mushroom sauce and a cold beer, EPIC.  ;D

PS. Oh, and I also like to play games, alot. That is one the reasons i'm in the industry right now!  ;)
PSx2. I'm also a very creative person and like to do all kinds of graphical stuff, hence the Environment Artist title.  :o

Ok back to work!

Retired Bugganeer!

Ok, here is some fun facts about me. I love to cook, watch movies and drink beer (quality beer!) with my friends. Loads of good movies (TV series too!) combined with a good steak or two with wild mushroom sauce and a cold beer, EPIC.  ;D

PS. Oh, and I also like to play games, alot. That is one the reasons i'm in the industry right now!  ;)
PSx2. I'm also a very creative person and like to do all kinds of graphical stuff, hence the Environment Artist title.  :o

Ok back to work!

Uu, nice, a fellow environment artist :)
So, what it takes to get a environment modeling job from Bugbear? What should i work on? Any tips?
And do you have online portfolio/site? I would love to see..

KSFR

Well i guess i need to introduce myself :)

My name is Kristofer, I am from Sweden. I´m here because after 6 years i am still in love with Flatout2. I found this forum after clicking some links on Flatoutjoint.com That site deserve all the credits! Check it out!   

Seems like there is a lot of game developers here besides the Bugbear employees, i´m not one of them users. I like to play games not created them :)     

Wish the dudes from Bugbear good luck on there new project, and saying hello to everyone :)
/KSFR 
Bunnybear Says - Yappy happy whatever

Tommi Tissari

Ok back to work!

Uu, nice, a fellow environment artist :)
So, what it takes to get a environment modeling job from Bugbear? What should i work on? Any tips?
And do you have online portfolio/site? I would love to see..

Hey Waltteri!

Well, it's always a good idea to draw your ideas on paper first. Just draw something simple. It doesn't have to be ultra realistic or complex in anyway. This is a great tutorial for "thumbing" http://www.autodestruct.com/thumbwar.htm
Thumbing is a great way to start everything.   ;)

Photoshop and 3DS Max are our tools of the trade, but I think you already know how to use and play aroud with those softies.  ;)

Just design, draw and model all kinds of objects to a scene which shows your talent and eye for the "whole picture"

Retired Bugganeer!

Hey Waltteri!

Well, it's always a good idea to draw your ideas on paper first. Just draw something simple. It doesn't have to be ultra realistic or complex in anyway. This is a great tutorial for "thumbing" http://www.autodestruct.com/thumbwar.htm
Thumbing is a great way to start everything.   ;)

Photoshop and 3DS Max are our tools of the trade, but I think you already know how to use and play aroud with those softies.  ;)

Just design, draw and model all kinds of objects to a scene which shows your talent and eye for the "whole picture"

Thanks!
I've bumped into that site before but i didn't read it through properly.. I'll bookmark it and check it out when i get my freelance stuff done.   :)

CleanestStone34

Hello all :D, I am from the U.S.A. (E.S.T.). I have been enjoying Flatout Ultimate Carnage on the PC for the last six months and am looking forward to playing other games from Bugbear.
This year I am learning more about computers (email, posting messages, twitter and stuff like that). It may sound odd, but this year is the first I have ever sent an email and I am almost 40 years old. I feel like a monkey with a calculator.
Well, I wish you all the best in your video game endeavors. Happy gaming! :D   

Tommi Tissari

Hello all :D, I am from the U.S.A. (E.S.T.). I have been enjoying Flatout Ultimate Carnage on the PC for the last six months and am looking forward to playing other games from Bugbear.
This year I am learning more about computers (email, posting messages, twitter and stuff like that). It may sound odd, but this year is the first I have ever sent an email and I am almost 40 years old. I feel like a monkey with a calculator.
Well, I wish you all the best in your video game endeavors. Happy gaming! :D

Greetings and welcome aboard Cleaneststone34.  8)
Hehe, using computers get easier to handle once you learn the basics. Just keep on posting, emailing and playing!  ;)
Retired Bugganeer!

Motoko

Hi everyone ! Well My name is Bryan and I'm from France ! I'm a hug fan of FO series since the first FO :3 ! I like video game, music, movie, and go out with my bike when the sun is hot with some beautiful cloud on the sky. I like travel across the world to see other regions/new country/People and landscape. Actually I work in a printing house (Machine conductor). Well I'm here because I want to communicate with BugBear employee, see how they work and how they make a game (talk with them too) Also I have to say thank you BugBear for your games.