Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 17681 times)

Spex84

Hi, I'm Chris.
  Just pre-ordered. I wish I had $1000 to drop on this game, because I totally would.
  I'm a freelance artist at the moment. I love cars. Back in the day, I played Street Rod II, and I wish there was something like that available today! Midnight Club: Los Angeles is about as close as I can get.
  When I was very young I drew up a rough sketch for a game with deformable cars--this was before any game actually had damage of that kind. Ever since, I've been obsessed with the damage models and physics in racing games.
  I remember being amazed by the early Flat Out screenshots, and downloaded the demo as soon as it was available. There was nothing else like it...I played that demo for _hours_. I purchased the game the day it hit the shelves, and must have played through the whole thing a dozen times. After I was done with it, years later, I gave it to my younger brothers, who played it until the disc got scratched...I just about cried when that happened. I still have the box.
  I enjoyed Flat Out 2, but felt the handling model was not as deep and rewarding as the first game...FO2 had more of a mass-market appeal, but less of that gritty, difficult, Finnish banger-racing feel.
  A few years ago I was part of the team that produced "Mayhem", a demolition-derby game. It was produced quickly on a low budget, and the whole time I was wishing I was working on Flat Out:D
  These days I make concept art, build scale models of hot rods, and do a little modding for Grand Theft Auto.
   So...I'm seriously excited. Bugbear, you guys ROCK!

Ben Lind

Hey guys!

I'm Ben a 3D-artist/generalist here at Bugbear. I've been around for about a year but haven't been active on the forums before. I've been doing a bit of everything related to the art pipeline from asset creation to animation.

I'm actually still a 3D-animation/-visualization student and my background is more CG oriented than game oriented. I've been quite active in the Blender community for several years. I got into 3D thanks to that free software at the age of 16. (I'm 24 now)

I've been playing Flatout as a kid and really enjoyed it so as an opportunity to work at Bugbear emerged I had to grab it even though I was in the middle of my studies.

I'm excited to help bring the upcoming game's visuals to the next level and have great conversations with you all!
Overly talkative 3D-artist

Frisker

Hai!
My name is Not Relevant(Let's just call me Frisker), and I come from Finland(Suomi perkele). Gotta admit - I'm proud to have Bugbear here in Finland.
Anyway, bit about myself. I'm casual player who plays too much videogames, I hate consoles for few reasons, so I'm PC player. I'm 20 years old(21 in month), and been playing Flatout since kid. My hobbies are.. err, drink beer and play PC games.
Oh, I love to play roleplay servers in GTA SA Multiplayer.

If ya wanna know somethin', just ask.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

T-Gul

I'm a guy from Sweden at an age of 25.
Right now studying and working as an energy-engineer after a short carrier as an 3D generalist with works on game titles such as Far Cry 3. I still has 3d modeling/animation as a hobby when i got some time, mostly using Lightwave, 3D Coat, Project Messiah.
Im pc-gamer only!, loves rpg games, historic era and low-fantasy games and ofc good racing games like Flatout  :)

Girls just want! to beat the boys

crashkid3000

Hello!

I am crashkid3000 and live in Germany. I am 15 years old, like Demolition Derbies, rock music, muscle cars, the Crown Vic (R.I.P.) and, three times you can guess, games where the main goal is to destroy the other's cars. I play FlatOut since 5 years and Destruction Derby Raw since 6 or 7 years.
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

Crashtestdummy

Hai!
My name is Not Relevant

*kuch*

hello, my name is timothy, i'm 26 and i live in belgium
i work as a tower crane operator and as much as i love destroying stuff, i can't do that there (exactly the opposite  :D )
my hobbies are drinking beer, powered paragliding and gaming offcourse

ive been playing lot's of car games, but a cargame is never any good for me if i can't break my opponent, so i'm a big fan of destruction derby 2 (Playstation), carmageddon 2 (PC), RUSH! (N64) and Vigilante 8 (N64)and offcourse the flatout series :p

i got a link for NCG from the Star citizen forum (also a project im pledging to)
i will be pledging to this one too and hope you raise millions as well to make a top notch game :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:59:52 PM by Crashtestdummy »

Cornkid

Hai!
My name is Not Relevant

*kuch*

i work as a tower crane operator and as much as i love destroying stuff, i can't do that there (exactly the opposite  :D )

ive been playing lot's of car games, but a cargame is never any good for me if i can't break my opponent, so i'm a big fan of destruction derby 2 (Playstation), carmageddon 2 (PC), RUSH! (N64) and Vigilante 8 (N64)and offcourse the flatout series :p

i got a link for NCG from the Star citizen forum (also a project im pledging to)
i will be pledging to this one too and hope you raise millions as well to make a top notch game :)

Ello m8, and welcome to the site.

Must be soooo damn tempting to go off on a carnage crusade with the tower crane, lol.

We share the same hobbies drinking wise, and breaking stuff.

Dont be a stranger in the forums and get involved with influencing how the game ends up, you will be amazed at how active the devs are on forum, its a bit special ;)

Neiro

Hello. IT guy in the 30s from Denmark here, just preordered the game. Hoping for it to be truely awesome and hopefully cheap enough to be usable for lans.

Also, I'm hoping that with this being a smaller development team, people are listening to suggestions on the forums. Not like those critters at ea during the nfs world beta.....

Oh well ; if feedback's required - I'm very good at spotting potential issues and rather good at cheating as well.

Frisker

Hai!
My name is Not Relevant

*kuch*

Ello m8, and welcome to the site.

Must be soooo damn tempting to go off on a carnage crusade with the tower crane, lol.

We share the same hobbies drinking wise, and breaking stuff.

Dont be a stranger in the forums and get involved with influencing how the game ends up, you will be amazed at how active the devs are on forum, its a bit special ;)

I share the same hobby aswell - beer is awesome! Thinking of going to buy some soon again :D
Actually few years back I was going to register to some site, don't remember which, and couldn't figure out nick to join with. My brother came up with viinasieni(roughly translated as booze musroom), not hard to think where that came from :D

But yea, my name's Timo. That's your christmas present for the next 30 years so be happy!

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Neiro

If you want to try a really good beer, get hold of one of these babies I'm linking below. It's the only beer I've come across (and I've tried a few) that tastes better temperated than cold. Brilliant - you don't need to waste you fridge space and still can enjoy a nice beer.

http://schlossbrauerei-fuerstlich-drehna.de/odin_trunk.php

Ben Lind

I share the same hobby aswell - beer is awesome! Thinking of going to buy some soon again :D
Actually few years back I was going to register to some site, don't remember which, and couldn't figure out nick to join with. My brother came up with viinasieni(roughly translated as booze musroom), not hard to think where that came from :D

But yea, my name's Timo. That's your christmas present for the next 30 years so be happy!

Good name!
We have 3 guys named Timo at Bugbear. ;D
Overly talkative 3D-artist

chuckskyline

You can call me Chuck,

I'm 28, I have a B.A in Religion and getting a B.S in History and I am going to apply for a Masters program for Business Admin.

I work for the Federal Government in the States.

I play Ice Hockey on the weekends and I am the Captain of my team.

I do a lot of volunteer work when I can.

and I love Jesus. There I said it. Boom.

Frisker

You can call me Chuck,

I'm 28, I have a B.A in Religion and getting a B.S in History and I am going to apply for a Masters program for Business Admin.

I work for the Federal Government in the States.

I play Ice Hockey on the weekends and I am the Captain of my team.

I do a lot of volunteer work when I can.

and I love Jesus. There I said it. Boom.
Hockey is awesome. Respect.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

PELUXA1

Hello, I'm Joel, from Panamá.  I'm a Flatout series fan!

Hope to see you online when the Next Car Game is out!

Thanks.
i5-3570K, GTX 660 Ti, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, 650 W PSU, 22" LCD Monitor, Windows 7 64bits