Author Topic: What are we working on?  (Read 92406 times)

Purple44

The Flatout fans would love, love, love, love to see a new Flatout!!!!

After 4 years of waiting for a new Flatout on "steriods" ( it to bad Bugbear lost the rights to Flatout when Empire interactive went belly-up ), we ask Team6\Zoo Games to make us a new Flatout ( Flatout 3 ). Unfortunately, that did not go so well.

So Flatout fans are still dying to see a new Flatout PC version done well and also not be a console port like Ridge Racer Unbounded. ( no wheel support, no text chat online, no remapping of the buttons )

If there going to be a new Flatout, please give us some snow tracks and construction ( hilly tracks ) tracks. These tracks were some the funnest tracks to race on in Flatout 1. I also would like to see a King of the Roof and King of the Hill derby pits. And throw in a derby in the pool for good measure.

If there going to be a new Flatout, would be nice to see some the custom cars made for Flatout 2 make it into the game. ( Cement Mixer, GoKart, Stationwagon, Snowplow, Trex  )

Please, please, stop using matchmaking for online! You guys got the online just about right with Flatout 2. You let us make our own host and let the host police the lobby with the best vote system I have seen use online to get rid of cheaters ( host decide who to kick and then players vote, if a majority vote, player is kicked ) You gave host plenty of options to set host to host liking. Like "same as host" and lap count options. Play a track as a race or a derby option. You let us set up a 12 event tournament!!!!

You gave us a nice text chat window online so we can get to know each other before we invite a new player to our Teamspeak. VOIP has it problems. Players with annoying noise coming over thier mics. Player talking BS I don't want to hear over my speakers. And I rather have players voices coming through my headphones and Teamspeak on second computer than over the game sounds and my surround sound speakers.

Just don't use Gamespy again. Gamespy a little buggy. But thanks for keeping the Flatout 2 online servers still going!!!! :)  Been over 5 years and Flatout 2 still doing well online.

Glad to see Bugbear is back, but PC version of RRU ( console port, online problems ) tarnish Bugbear rep a little bit.

One last thing if there going to be a new Flatout, PLEASE finish the Tag mode ( Hunter\Prey ) mode we unlock with our community mod for Flatout 2. Tag great fun to play online in small arenas. But if someone leaves, drops from server, we get stuck in Tag mode and have to restart the game.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:18:02 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

John Burning

YEAH! New FlatOut- this is the BEST way to make our happy!!!
Bugbear, we are really hope that you'll return it!!!

Mirus

??? ?????? ?????????? ???????? ? ??????? ? ?????? FlatOut!

psychicparrot

RR:U is a really good game! I don't really want to play an arcade racer like RR:U with a steering wheel. I think that the physics are just suited for a controller. I like playing games with the xbox controller for more arcadey racers (Blur, RR:U, FUEL, Driver:SF, NFS World etc.) as well as the steering wheel where it suits (Dirt(s), GRID, Flatout(s), WRC, Rally Trophy, NFS Shift etc.)... although I understand the other people might feel differently, of course ;)

I hope to see more Ridge Racer from Bugbear in the future. I believe that RR:U is one of the best arcade racing games ever made. It's not Flatout and it's not Ridge Racer. It's something else. Something awesome!

Unless you can own that Flatout franchise outright and have something new to bring to it, I say leave it behind, move forward and carve out a new path - I love Flatout with a passion, but Flatout3 really made me think that it was time to say goodbye to it. Start something new and wonderful :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:36:03 PM by psychicparrot »
Jeff W. Murray
@PsychicParrot

Twitter: https://twitter.com/psychicparrot
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/psychicparrot

John Burning

By the way, Bugbear, Do. NOT. Use. GFWL. PLEASE.

John Burning

but Flatout3 really made me think that it was time to say goodbye to it.
Flatout 3 - Chaos & Destruction is NOT one of Bugbear's games!

MonK3Y

Monkey, check Gas Guzzlers for cars with real guns!

This game has too sweet graphics to run on my PC.  :(

Had never heard of that game! Thx! Sadly I'm a console gamer so I won't be trying this.

RacerBest

Monkey, check Gas Guzzlers for cars with real guns!

This game has too sweet graphics to run on my PC.  :(

Had never heard of that game! Thx! Sadly I'm a console gamer so I won't be trying this.
Yup. I want this game to PS Store. :P

John Burning

What about the camera from cocpit? :D

KSFR

Bugbear, Flatout2 is 6 years old... And if you dudes at Bugbear would go online and look for events you will see that there is still players playing that game (me included). Im not a Game Developer, but if i would have been on the team that made Fo2, i would be proud!!

So some DLC´s for flatout 2?! ;)  (thats just in my dreams)

So... what i want is something like Fo2 (i did not like Ultimate carnage, you made it to arcade-ish i guess). If you cant buy the name back... well i don´t mind.

Why not buy the name Destruction Derby? thats a game that badly needs a sequel... And the gameplay would not be that far away from flatout series :)
Bunnybear Says - Yappy happy whatever

I did my calculations and i came to a conclusion that the mystery project will most definetly have cars in it.  ;D

GoldenApe

By the way, what about the FlatOut's rights? Does Team 6 has got them now?
(Sorry for my english ;D)
As far as I know the rights have always been with the publisher. After Empire Interactive closed, the Flatout franchise was picked up by Strategy First, who employed Team 6 to make a sequel. And since they made a mess of it, I can imagine selling the franchise will actually be more profitable for SF than making a new game for it. So there's hope!

John Burning

As far as I know the rights have always been with the publisher. After Empire Interactive closed, the Flatout franchise was picked up by Strategy First, who employed Team 6 to make a sequel. And since they made a mess of it, I can imagine selling the franchise will actually be more profitable for SF than making a new game for it. So there's hope!
Thank you for information!

Purple44

You miss a publisher there. When Empire Interactive went belly up, Zoo Games became the new owner of the rights to the Flatout name, but no Bugbear code came with the the Flatout name.

When Shadow MSN me that there was a new Flatout being made for the Wii in 2010, I got the idea to ask Team6 if they would make a new PC version of Flatout since Bugbear never got to release the new Flatout they were working on back in 2008.

BugBear, something big in the works?

Quote from: Purple44
Found this today with Google:

Bugbear was celebrating its 8th anniversary at the IGDA.fi party. In addition to free drinks the party goers were treated with a slot car racing track and T-shirts. Bugbear’s birthday party speech proudly proclaimed Bugbear’s as the worlds leading independent driving game developer [as all the other good ones had been bought off by publishers ;-)], and had a few interesting tidbits about Bugbear’s next projects.

Bugbear said that it is working on its biggest action driving game ever, which combines “FlatOut on steroids” with all new original stuff. The company also revealed its long term vision of expanding beyond pure driving. IGDA Finland gang is making virtual waves to Bugbear and wishing good luck for the future!

I got an email back from Team6 that said if Team6 got the OK ( money ) from Zoo Games, they would gladly make a new Flatout for the PC. So I started this email campaign:

In January 2011, Team6 got the OK from Zoo Games to make a new PC version of Flatout ( Flatout 5 ). But by the summer of 2011, Zoo Games ran into financial trouble and Team6 was force to look for a new publisher to be able to finish the new Flatout. That when Strategy First came into the picture.

This turn out to be bad news for the new Flatout. Strategy First change the name Flatout 5 to Flatout 3 and then rush the game out before Christmas. Flatout 3 got release as a beta and online broken!! If Team6 had been allow to let the Flatout fans beta test Flatout 3 and finish the game before it got release, things would of gone differently for Team6 and the new Flatout.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

GoldenApe

Thanks for the extra info, Purple. I knew there was some stuff going on in between Empire going defunct and Strategy First publishing FO3, but since the question was who had the rights to FO now, I didn't care to properly research it  ;D