Author Topic: What are we working on?  (Read 81921 times)

Acierocolotl

I seriously love folk racing in all its flavours.  I even like the North American folk racing (though I prefer the Twentyfour Hours of LeMons to Crapcar).  LeMons is probably a bit too goofy (team costumes, elaborately decorated cars) to inspire a game, mind you, but it's a lot of fun in person.

Most importantly, the selling point for me has always been a good driving model.  I'd love to be be able to have good steering wheel support, even though the FlatOuts have been more of a keyboard game for me.  I'm not asking for an outright sim here, though a full-on sim rallycross/folkracing sort of thing would be grand.

So an idea that sprung to mind, since you asked kindly, would be some kind of wasteland/smuggler rally scenario.  There can still be really vigourous folk racing, but optionally point-to-point races against post-apocalypse authority (be it cops or bandits or space-Russians) and trying to get to the end while preserving one's car would add new challenges.

Another feature:  actual tuning of one's car with meaningful impact, as opposed to simple upgrades.  For instance, you could weld on extra metal to reinforce the chassis, at the expense of handling and acceleration (or go the Lotus route and lighten everything for a really fragile but nimble car), or bore out the engine for greater horsepower at the cost of reliability; alternately detune the engine to make it more durable, etc.

I fear I may be rambling a bit.  That said, I'm at the point where I've purchased Bugbear titles on the strength of the company name alone, so I suppose I'm a little fawning.  I don't know what the new project is, but I really am looking forward to it.

zzazazz

Yes!  A Flatout type game would be wonderful.  One thing I liked a lot about Flatout was how the speeds were not ridiculous yet the action was amazing.  Not every second was filled with mayhem but when the mayhem started it could be epic.

It's funny, I tossed in Flatout: Ultimate Carnage the other day and there were a few people playing online.  That game is the best when you get a good sized action online room.

Flatout with a track creator...now that would be divine.

nophysics

FLATOUT 3 or new series about derby 

Make a physics

Soundtrack like in  FO1,2,UC (and again song in menu like FlatOut/Symphony Of Destruction/They Don`t Care), soundtrack list with OFF/ON

Don't make the online achievements!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:49:51 PM by nophysics »

RacerBest

Dream game:
JDM racing MMO with huge world (some city in Japan) and mountain roads (like in Initial D), lots of real japanese cars and real-life tuning/customizing parts. Performance parts and licensed bodykits and stuff.

Bugbear do this!  ;D Hahaha

If not this, then new Flatout.  :D

John Burning

Oh oh. There're a lot of messages about "Cities like in Japan". I think that the game must to be different, there're must to be a lot of different districts, not only cities! More forests, mountains, more cars like in Derby class, more different things in the game! More different game modes that makes player "Destroy them all!!!" and more careful. Really, this is the best way to make the game more interesting!

psychicparrot

I'd like 'big, loud, arse-kicking trucks smashing stuff in the country!' XD

John Burning

I'd like 'big, loud, arse-kicking trucks smashing stuff in the country!' XD
Oh yeah! :D

Dominatrix

Dream game:
JDM racing MMO with huge world (some city in Japan) and mountain roads (like in Initial D), lots of real japanese cars and real-life tuning/customizing parts. Performance parts and licensed bodykits and stuff.

Bugbear do this!  ;D Hahaha

If not this, then new Flatout.  :D

I'm quite sure you're refering to something like Project Torque or something like that?
"Any arcade racer that isn't Need for Speed or Burnout will all be doomed to failure. Let's break that damn curse from right now."

John Burning

"JDM racing MMO with huge world (some city in Japan) and mountain roads (like in Initial D), lots of real japanese cars"
This is boring games! Go to play NFS! FUN AND DESTROYING- there're the things that making Bugbear's style!!! Don't tell here about "glamour cars in the huge city"! I'll smash my head through the wall (Like in RRU) if Bugbear will make the game about japaneese cars in the city without any madness! Really!
RRU is so close for that, but destroying buildings makes this game incredible!

Dominatrix

"JDM racing MMO with huge world (some city in Japan) and mountain roads (like in Initial D), lots of real japanese cars"
This is boring games! Go to play NFS! FUN AND DESTROYING- there're the things that making Bugbear's style!!! Don't tell here about "glamour cars in the huge city"! I'll smash my head through the wall (Like in RRU) if Bugbear will make the game about japaneese cars in the city without any madness! Really!
RRU is so close for that, but destroying buildings makes this game incredible!

Just no. TBH I'm completely disappointed AND dissatisfied of Unbounded. If I want to play a just another Burnout clone, I'd rather play Burnout 3 or Revenge instead.

Anyway, MMO with ricers won't last long either.

Want OMG MOAR DESTRUCTION? Make something like Driver or
Crash Time series
where you can roam the city and blow up stuffs and criminals and so.
"Any arcade racer that isn't Need for Speed or Burnout will all be doomed to failure. Let's break that damn curse from right now."

nophysics

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:23:42 PM by nophysics »

Dominatrix

MMO

No

I thought so. TBH I hate MMOs a lot, even those pseudo-MMOs made by E@$$ today.

nophysics

Game this is singleplayer, multiplayer, championships and soundtracks, and (not racing games) stories, not the stupid "buy car for 3$ and go race with players in world"

John Burning

And, please, don't make another FlatOut 2 remake. -________-

Dominatrix

And, please, don't make another FlatOut 2 remake. -________-
They just....won't.