Author Topic: Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless  (Read 22117 times)

RacerBest

I wonder if I can ever play this with my Vista, 6 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 120, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz. I really hope so.

Kamikave

I sure hope they'll optimize the game, because as it is, I can't meet the minimum requierements. That's a first since... well Crysis 1 came out and I updated my pc. I have the feeling that my PC went from 'big machine' to 'outdated crap' in an instant lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:56:24 PM by Kamikave »
Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 Go
Sound Device : Creative SB X-Fi

Dela

Reading through this thread Performance Feedback, C R will need some optimization.

Some have improve things by upgrading there video card drivers.  Right now C R is tough on gaming computers. Wimpy computers will struggle with C R. Remember C R is pre-alpha, so it has issues that need ironing out.

A lot more than some. With those graphics/physics it should run on decent tablet. Oh well at least our kickstarter money seems to be well spend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWldF1YBRb8
Phenom II 1055t @ 4.05GHz
2x4GB Hyperx PC3-12800
Powercolor 390 pcs+
Pny Xlr8 240GB ssd
500GB Seagate
320GB Seagate
Corsair Obsidian 750d
Custom loop : Hydor Seltz L20, 12mm tubings, Ek Supermacy and Black Ice Pro2 
24" 1080p

Purple44

There some modding going on with the Carmageddon: Reincarnation alpha version.

Lets kick off modding! :D

Flower Power EagleR C:R mod! - video

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:19:16 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RacerBest

Didn't expect modding to start at the first pre-alpha version of the game.  :D I still haven't tried this because I don't have a PC to play this..

By the way, you forgot the link to "Flower Power EagleR C:R mod!" video.

Purple44

OOPS  :-[

Thanks for heads up. I fix the link.

Adenru

I tried playing and Reincarnation remined me of amateur DOOM and DUKE ports to better engines.

dave3d

Ummm, whatever.

Carmageddon : Reincarnation is giving the fans exactly what they said they would: A Carmegeddon game.
Unlike some that said we will get a Flatout game, and we are actually getting a sim game instead.
:(

I am super happy with the C:R pre-alpha. It is a true Carmageddon game so far.

Purple44

Want to drive the APC/ cop car in the pre-alpha, try this:

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26453?page=22

Quote from: Trent
Going back to getting the APC drivable: If you decode and open Scripts.ZAD/Data_Core/Content/Scripts/VehicleGroups.LOL you can add the APC to the unlocked array like so:
Code: [Select]
unlocked = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT",
  "APC"
}

That makes the APC playable without having to replace an existing car. I discovered this while looking for how to change the amount of cars in a race earlier.

Purple44

Got APC mod working today, but needed some help.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26453?page=31

Quote from: Purple44
OK I gave suicidal_banana way a try. I figure out how to get WinRAR to open scripts.zad file. Had to run WinRAR first, then located file through WinRAR. open scripts.zad file, delete old VehicleGroups.lol file and then drop in new modded VehicleGroups.lol into the right folder. Close WinRAR. Then double check to make sure new VehicleGroups.lol file was in new scripts.zad file, it was. Started C:R, went to change car menu, scroll the cars and only see the 6 stock cars. :(

Still a no go for me.

Have others here tested Deamon's VehicleGroups.lol file and it work for them. Just checking to make sure this file does the job.

If you have the original ZAD file backed up make sure you change the file extension, if you name the backup something like scripts111.zad then THAT zad file will be loaded after scripts.zad and any files in it will take priority. Rename your backup to something like scripts.old.

Regarding running the game with extracted files I have not figured out how to get the game to do that yet, I've tried extracting the contents of ZAD files to a number of different locations and had no luck yet.

That did the trick. Renaming the zad files on the left hand side of "." ( scripts111.zad ), game was still reading the rename zad file. :( Renaming scripts.zad file on the right side of "." ( scripts.111zad ) did the trick. I was able to see the extra cop cars. Thank you guys for all the help to figure this out and how to make a good zad file with WinRAR. :)

I have modded Flatout 1 and 2 and GRID 1 and 2 and renaming file on the left side of "." did not cause any problems and I don't have to deal with Windows asking me if I really want to change extension. But this came back to bite me this time. :P Sorry for all the trouble guys.

Took some pics: :)    ( Right click pic> select View Image, to see full size pic )

Here the posts working out what I was doing wrong and I sum things up at bottom of post:

Quote from: Deamon
Going back to getting the APC drivable: If you decode and open Scripts.ZAD/Data_Core/Content/Scripts/VehicleGroups.LOL you can add the APC to the unlocked array like so:
Code: [Select]
unlocked = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT",
  "APC"
}
    That makes the APC playable without having to replace an existing car. I discovered this while looking for how to change the amount of cars in a race earlier.

Trent, would it be possible to release this as a tweaked ( ready to go file ) a player could put into his C:R game folder?

I know I'm not Trent, but here you go:

VehicleGroups.lol (right click, save link/target as)

CU:NT is in there as well, just replace the one in scripts.ZAD with this.

Thanks Deamon for the file, thanks Trent for the tweak. I tried to to run the mod, but was unsuccessful. I will post what I did and maybe you can tell me where I went wrong.

Had to do a little thread research to find out how to unpack the Scripts.ZAD file. Need 7zip, WinRAR don't work. So after getting 7zip installed, I unpacked Scripts.ZAD to a folder and swap out VehicleGroups.LOL file for modded version.

To pack the files back up, had to save file as scripts.zip and then rename file to scripts.zad. Game start up fine and I go to change car and scroll through the different cars and do not see cop car ( APC ).

Looking at VehicleGroups.LOL in notepad:

module((...), vehicle_groups_definition)
easy = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT"
}
medium = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT"
}
hard = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT"
}
insane = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT"
}
default = {"EAGLE_R"}
unlocked = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT",
  "APC",
  "SQUAD_CAR"
}
all = {
  "APC",
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT"
}
dev = {
  "EAGLE_R",
  "CLEAVER",
  "TWISTER",
  "TOWMEISTER",
  "COUNTSLASH",
  "CADDY_FAT_CAT",
  "PLOW"
}

I've been using the medium difficulty settings and APC not listed in medium settings there in VehicleGroups.LOL file. So how do I run C:R in unlock mode? I thing this where my problem is.

Quote from: Gorth_le_Barbare
Purple44, the list under "unlocked" is not related to the difficulty, it is just the list of available car in the car selection menu.
I believe the lists under "easy", "medium", etc, are available opponents for each difficulty level. Could be fun to add police cars to these lists to see what happen.

For your problem, you don't need to unpack/repack the .zad. Just open the "scripts.zad" with 7zip, go to the folder where stands the original "VehicleGroups.LOL" in the 7zip file manager, then simply drag and drop the "VehicleGroups.LOL" you downloaded earlier in this folder.

Edit:
Good to know I don't have to repack scripts.zad file, I can leave it unpack. Ok, I tried renaming scripts.zad to scriptsmod.zad and double check Scripts.ZAD/Data_Core/Content/Scripts folder that it did have modded VehicleGroups.LOL file. I use notepad to make sure the APC and SQUAD_CAR are listed under unlock.

I start C:R and click "change car" and scroll through the cars and only see the stock 6 cars I have been seeing before. So I ask again, what am I doing wrong?

Gorth_le_Barbare did you run Trent's APC mod successfully? I see in post #130 you used the change name of one of the stock cars to APC trick.

Good to know I don't have to repack scripts.zad file, I can leave it unpack. Ok, I tried renaming scripts.zad to scriptsmod.zad and double check Scripts.ZAD/Data_Core/Content/Scripts folder that it did have modded VehicleGroups.LOL file. I use notepad to make sure the APC and SQUAD_CAR are listed under unlock.

I start C:R and click "change car" and scroll through the cars and only see the stock 6 cars I have been seeing before. So I ask again, what am I doing wrong?

Gorth_le_Barbare did you run Trent's APC mod successfully? I see in post #130 you used the change name of one of the stock cars to APC trick.

You have to put the LOL file back in the ZAD file, it won't load if it's not in the ZAD file. Just open up the scripts.zad file in WinRAR, WinZIP, 7Zip or whatever, navigate to the folder in the ZAD file and drag the modified VehicleGroups.lol file back into it.

Here a pic of the unpack scripts folder. I'm pretty sure I got the modded VehicleGroups.LOL file in the right folder since I see the stock VehicleGroups.LOL file.

I have tried running modded VehicleGroups.LOL file from the unpack \scripts folder and I have tried running modded VehicleGroups.LOL file from a packed back up scripts.zad file and all I see is the 6 stock cars when I go to change car menu.

I also tried this for a test, I rename scripts.zad file and the \scripts folder so game could not load these files and C:R loaded without error and I race the AI on Country track no problem.

Trent are you disagreeing with Gorth_le_Barbare that VehicleGroups.LOL can not be loaded from an unpack folder? That scripts.zad files need to be repack into new scripts.zad file for VehicleGroups.LOL file to work?

Also there nothing I need to do to unlock the APC and SQUAD_CAR in game?

Quote from: suicidal_banana
0. If you didnt yet; backup scripts.zad (copy, paste, rename to mention 'backup' and not be a .zad file)
[list=1]
  • If you don't have it already, install WinRAR (get it here)
  • Double click any of the .zad files, Windows will ask you what program it should open .zad files with, select WinRAR (or browse and go to winrar dir and click winrar.exe)
  • Now WinRAR should open, and you should see some folders, inside WinRAR (aka inside the scripts.zad) browse to this path: scripts.zad\Data_Core\Content\Scripts
  • Drag-Drop your replacement VehicleGroups.lol file on WinRAR
  • Profit!

Bonus advice;
It could be that WinRAR is beeing anal and sees VehicleGroups.lol and VehicleGroups.LOL as seperate files, make sure your replacement VehicleGroups file has a .lol extension, lowercase, not capitals.

Bonus advice #2;
If you forget, or are to lazy too make a backup of scripts.zad, and you break stuff, no worries, heres how you fix; delete scripts.zad, then in your steam library rightclick C:R and go properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache, then steam will check all game files and download any that are missing (like the broken script.zad you removed)

So to summarize things up to load APC and Squad Car, you will need to download VehicleGroups.lol (right click, save link/target as)

Need to start WinRAR> File> Open archive  and go to E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon_Reincarnation\ZAD  to open scripts.zad file ( make a copy first scripts stock - Copy.111zad ), may need to tell WinRAR to show All files to see scripts.zad file. Delete old VehicleGroups.lol file and then drop in new modded VehicleGroups.lol into the right folder. Then go File> Save archive copy as to save scripts.zad file.

Make sure you do not have any badly renamed copies of scripts.zad, like scripts111.zad. Now you should be ready to start C:R and go to change car menu and scroll through the cars until you see APC and Squad car.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:26:37 AM by Purple44 »

demolitionman

Damn it looks fun allready:

First Look - Carmageddon Reincarnation!

Too bad it doesn't work anywhere near properly on my laptop, need to build a new machine for carma r and NCG

Jori Virtanen

Whoa.

I'm so very much looking forward to this game, Stainless. I'm gonna wait 'til I'm pissed off at something, vent the tip of my frustration into popping a brew open real violent like, and then I'm gonna party like it's Death Race 2000. No prisoners. No mercy.
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

ZeroSafe5615

Hey, that's my screenshot.

Can't wait until they add a bit more content and optimize a tad. It's gonna be a blast.

Needles Kane

No one has been advertised official Carmageddon comic, so I do.
http://www.carmageddon.com/comic
Drawn by CzechDeath. He originally drawn unofficial comic before Stainless hired him to draw official comic. You can find it here: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26315

Purple44

It look like Valentine day going be a blood splattered filled day if you are a Carmageddon fan. Public beta version getting release.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Valentine's Day Massacre Trailer

Have not paid close attention to the development of Carmageddon: Reincarnation, like I do with Wreckfest. Have not fired up Carmageddon: Reincarnation since last April, So curious to see how the game has progress.

Here a pic of some new cars that will be in the beta: