Author Topic: Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless  (Read 25407 times)

Zebulon55

I'm up and running with the beta. Had a good time with it so far...

Needles Kane

Fun little game. Unlocked already everything except skins and rims. Have not yet tried Multiplayer. Joined in lobby, but host didn't start race. Seems like Carma's MP lacks some important features. Text chat and so on. Purple, you should make topic to Carmageddon.com and post same things you post in here about MP.

Purple44

Fun little game. Unlocked already everything except skins and rims. Have not yet tried Multiplayer. Joined in lobby, but host didn't start race. Seems like Carma's MP lacks some important features. Text chat and so on. Purple, you should make topic to Carmageddon.com and post same things you post in here about MP.

I did start a Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts. thread at Stainless forum back in 2013.  ;)

Ya if there no text chat, I will have to start a thread about it and complain loudly!!!

If I could get Carmageddon: Reincarnation to load, that was one the things I wanted to check, is there text chat online. But I'm unable to get C:R to start. :( Look like I need a Windows 7 update, but for now I will pass on this fix:

[fixed] hangup/crash @ splash screen :: Update Windows 7 SP1 and KB2670838 (possibly considered optional in windows update)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Ok, I started a thread over at Stainless C:R forum:

No text chat in online Mulitplayer!!!!!

Let see if we can change Stainless mind about having text chat.

KazzyMac

Dude, they just pushed the game to beta.

Give them some time, I'm pretty sure they know that having no text chat is a bad thing. There's just more important things they have to worry about, such as getting the game running properly. No point having text chat on a game where MP crashes all the time.  :P
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Purple44

Dude, they just pushed the game to beta.

Give them some time, I'm pretty sure they know that having no text chat is a bad thing. There's just more important things they have to worry about, such as getting the game running properly. No point having text chat on a game where MP crashes all the time.  :P

When game goes to beta, game is pretty much done, just working out the bugs.

We did 2 beta tests of The Crew and no text chat, was not looking good for there being text chat in the Crew, but it did show up in final version but has some issues. If we could of beta tested text chat, we could of made it better. Like we did with text chat in Wreckfest.

With Codemasters we never got to convince the Devs to put text chat in GRID 2 and after all our complaining of it being left out of GRID 2, text chat was left out of GRID Autosport. I'm done with Codemasters.  >:(

If text chat not there on release day and Devs say they may patch it in, online could die before patch get release 2 months later!!!.

PC text chat a key feature if PC racing game going to have longevity online. We got Bugbear to confirm text chat would be in Wreckfest before the first Build was release.   :) Distance had text chat in their alpha.  :)

It to late to fight for text chat after a game get release.

Purple44

Found this out today over at Stainless forum:

Wheel support ?
Quote from: wiski
Watch the most recent Stream, they talk about it there, but basically they feel the game isn't a sim racing game and isn't suited to wheels. If they have time later they said they may work on putting wheel support in, but right now there are more important things to work on.

I will be very, very disappointed with Stainless if there no wheel support in Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

I posted this reply:

Quote from: Purple44
http://app.carmageddon.tv/forum/topic/18413?page=1

Quote from: hammr25
23/06/2012
Nobby said this during the Kickstarter campaign:

Quote from: Nobby
Regarding controllers - Yes, depending on platform we want to support pads and force feedback wheels.
We've got some excellent Logitech controllers that we're keen to get working with the game.

If Nobby had not said this during the Kickstarter campaign, I would not have supported Stainless with my $25.

This is a PC racing game, should have support for a wheel. I got burn with racing game Blur that did not have wheel support, so I had to use a third party program to to remap things to my MOMO wheel. It work, but there was input lag, so a lot of times I would just miss the power up I was after!! GRRRRRRRRR  :(

Because of this, I vowed never to buy a PC racing game that did not support a wheel ever again. I pass on Bugbear Ridge Racer Unbounded since it only supported a 360 pad.

Have I misplace my trust in Stainless to deliver wheel support in Carmageddon: Reincarnation??

With no text chat for online and if there no wheel support, Carmageddon: Reincarnation looking more like a console port than a PC racing game. :(

I'm going have egg on my face for supporting Carmageddon: Reincarnation over at Bugbear forum:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless

Wreckfest, Distance and Gas Guzzlers Extreme, all have text chat online and wheel support, is Carmageddon: Reincarnation going to be the odd man out?  ( all 3 of these racing games have gotten my support $$ )

Purple44

If I could get Carmageddon: Reincarnation to load, that was one the things I wanted to check, is there text chat online. But I'm unable to get C:R to start. :( Look like I need a Windows 7 update, but for now I will pass on this fix:

[fixed] hangup/crash @ splash screen :: Update Windows 7 SP1 and KB2670838 (possibly considered optional in windows update)

New update for Carmageddon: Reincarnation out today, but I'm still unable to start Carmageddon: Reincarnation. :(

Adenru

New update for Carmageddon: Reincarnation out today, but I'm still unable to start Carmageddon: Reincarnation. :(
You didn't lose much. Can't believe I was told Carmageddon's EA is doing better than NCG ("WOW! BETA! WOW! MUCH CONTENT!").
The perfomance is horrible, the visuals are terrible, the multiplayer is totally glitched lagfest and worst of all peds suck. Looks like Bugbear went intensive way polishing game before updating while Stainless went extensive adding content... But what's the point if you can't even play the damn thing?

Majatek

Unfortunately I'm in the same camp as other players that can't run the game due to DLL file mismatch/corruption.

Of course, this is a given with games that are in pre-alpha/alpha, so I expected it not to work. They announced that they're working on a fix for a lot of the issues (including the one that I'm experiencing), so hopefully it'll be functional once more within the next couple of months. :)
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Needles Kane

Majatek, What DLL missing?

Played Beta over fifteen hours and 79 hours in total. Fun game, bit short, very enjoyable. Yesterday I played first time MP and it was fun. While it was laggy and lacks text chat and other vital features, MP looks very promising.

Purple44

If you have Win 7 and only sercive pack 1 and have not let windows do the updates, you are missing something that C:R wants.

Unfortunately error message does not tell you what it is. There a guy that narrow it down to what hotfix is needed to "fix" Win 7. but I'm holding out for Stainless to fix the problem on their end. Like have install have the need Win file(s) put into C:R folder to be loaded when game load.

rhamm

The game will be released on 23 Apr 15.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Launch Announcement
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Purple44

What, you sure? They don't even have the bugs work out yet!!

Have to go check this out, is today April 1?

After 2 updates to the beta release last month, I still can't start the game. :(

Also no wheel support and right now no text chat online. But in last C:R stream, Nobby said they plan to add text chat to online.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28171?page=5

Quote from: starbuck
Good news for some of you.

OK After initial tests and no fiddling with the controllers setting I got BOTH the MS force Feedback wheel to work (red and black version) AND the Logitech Nascar wheel to work. The MS wheel had to have the red light OFF for it to work.

I did not YET get the pedals to work in either. As I sad no fiddling with those settings.

And this is with todays version of the game and no emulators running. nor are there any emulator files stored on my PC. Windows 8.1. 64 bit.

If you have not bought Carmageddon: Reincarnation yet, you may want to hold off until you can get a demo. It take strong computer to run C:R from what I have read. Right now C:R tougher to run than Wreckfest. If your computer struggles to get over 30 FPS with Wreckfest, good luck getting over 30 with C:R.

Share your performance reports here

Trailer video does look good thou. :)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:35:54 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

I'm not the only one that thinks it to soon to release final version of Carmageddon: Reincarnation:

[NEWS] RELEASE DATE NEWS!