Author Topic: Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Stainless  (Read 22421 times)

Needles Kane

My biggest  issue - canot fint even one MP game. Should I play more carrer before I see more games in multiplayer?
Still got MP locked or just can't find games to join? If latter, that is probably due to already dead multiplayer.

You should join in this group. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/C_UN_T
It is unofficial official group, fan made, but there is some Stainless staff members in here too, Nobby and Shane.

Is there anybody other who is interested playing C:R online? We could have our own tournament, we can use C_UN_T's group chat to replace missing text chat.

With only 6 players and no peds, what players do online? Would think most players did not buy C:R for the racing.
Racing is actually fun. Not serious racing, but more ''putting a spanner in the works'' way. Use all the dirt trick you can invent. In one race I found slaughter mortars, I parked my car around the corner and when opponent passed by, I followed it and nuked it, I stole points and won the race. In next race player who I have bullied tried to do same to me, but I got mine shitting ability and again I left victorious.

The Very End

Thanks for reply :)
It's not grey anymore. The sollution was to delete the whole Carma folder within Steam. Still feel a bit cheated since I never edited the files in first place, so that bug is on Stainless, not me... also when downloading several GB's on a very slow internet line over DAYS, it's really grind my gears. ANYHOW, it's kind of working, but performs very bad on my computer and several minutes loading on low/medium settings.

Thanks for the link to the group, I'll see if I'll join it later.

Purple44

Ok, here where I'm at with getting my DFGT wheel to work with Carmageddon: Reincarnation:

Game is looking good, but where is wheel support?!

Quote from: Purple44
Last night was a bust with Xpadder. Xpadder see my gas and brake pedals as triggers, but C:R still will not use the gas and brake pedals when I use config A that has the triggers as gas and brake.

I can live with the gas and brake pedals set to LSTICK_DOWN and LSTICK_UP now that I got reverse cam set to Still.

It the steering where I wish it was better because of the deadzone. I took another look at JoyToKey. If I map the keyboard keys to steering wheel. I get rid of deadzone, but then steering become to sensitive, a lot of over steering. JoyToKey has Auto Repeat option, how many times key is push a second. I was getting close to a number I could live with, but there times my wheel would quit steering the car and car just keep going straight. GRRRR So JoyToKey a no go for steering.

I'm done trying figure out something better. Game playable so I will work through career until maybe Stainless give us proper wheel support. As it stand right now, I can not recommend buying Carmageddon: Reincarnation if want to use a wheel. :( 

Also there no text chat online!!  >:(

Ok, here a summary of what I'm doing to use a wheel in Carmageddon: Reincarnation.  ( I big thank you goes out to starbuck for his help   :D  )

1. Need to edit one the controller config file. I change the Controls_Gamepad_Preset_B.TXT file to this:

//This defines a preset game controller configuration

[ACCELERATE]
LSTICK_DOWN

[BRAKE]
LSTICK_UP

[STEER_LEFT]
LSTICK_LEFT

[STEER_RIGHT]
LSTICK_RIGHT

[HAND_BRAKE]

[RECOVER]
BUT_D

[REPAIR]
BUT_C

[POWERUP_SELECT_UP]

[POWERUP_SELECT_DOWN]

[POWERUP_ACTIVATE_SELECTED_ONE]
L1

L1 and R1 are the flippers behind your wheel.

2. In preset above only 3 my buttons have been assign. I use JoyToKey to map the keyboard keys I want to use to the buttons on my wheel.

You can use Logitech Profiler to get an idea what button number your buttons on your wheel are. Logitech Profiler did not show me what button to use for JoyToKey for my shifter, so I use Wreckfest wheel setup to see what button the DFGT shifter is. Button 13 and 14.

3. The steering is to sensitive for me with my DFGT wheel with a 240 degree of rotation ( what my old MOMO wheel used ). So I bump it up to 330. Feel free to play with degree rotation until you are happy with it. Go to Global Device settings.

4. If have reverse camera set to rotate, when you let off gas pedal and brake kick in, cam going to rotate. I did not like this when I still want to see what was going on ahead of me. So I change this setting to Still.

This make Carmageddon: Reincarnation playable with my DFGT wheel, but I still have to deal with the deadzone. Also keep in mind, if car get some damage or blood or oil on the wheels, car become hard to handle. Repairing car help me get my steering control back.

Now back to working my way through career mode. I unlock level 5, 11 more levels to go. C:R got me talking to my monitor, "GET OFF ME, damn AI. I'm trying get that checkpoint ped just over there!!!!" :P

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:14:33 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Been working my way through career mode, unlock level 12 today. I'm curious how many players are playing Carmageddon: Reincarnation now that full release is out. I tape down my left mouse button to scroll leaderboard to see how many players played the first level map that all have to play and I only see 34,385 listings:

At level 11 I run out of time quickly and got a low score and scroll the rest the way down to only 4426 listings. Seem there not to many trying to finish career mode. And C:R been out for over 3 weeks.

This can't be good for Stainless to have these poor numbers. I was thinking Stainless was hurting financially to release Carmageddon: Reincarnation before game was ready for prime time. To many bad reviews costing Stainless.

https://steamdb.info/app/249380/graphs/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:21:18 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Let's face it... game sucks at current time beeing.  I really wish I could like it, I really do. But the technical problems of it is just too big to enjoy. I am playing on horrible looking graphics just to have 2 minutes of loading screen and crap performance. My computer is not best, but it god damn running Witcher 3 so this game should not be a problem.

If they only fixed it before relase everything would be golden, but they whent ahead and blowed their opertunity. The community that tries to support and love them are really in a uproar and the general mass media does not like the game at all.

Im not trying to be an ass, but this game just ain't good in it's current state.

WorldofBay

many well-known studios died because they released unfinished games, for example JoWooD

why don't today's studios learn from the past?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

rhamm

Stainless released a 2.6gb performance optimization patch today.  Now when I load the game it doesn't take 5 minutes to get to a menu and framerates are better in the game as well.  They also made it so you don't need that one windows update that Purple complained about.

I don't like spamming threads with huge bits of content so here's a link to the update notes.  They're pretty long.

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/post-launch-update-1
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:45:30 PM by rhamm »
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Adenru

They are going to give away same game to have better reviews. Funny. Why don't complete a game on release in the first place?

dave3d

Carmageddon Max Damage seems to be (only from the trailer, sadly dont really know) more of a Carmageddon 2 style of gameplay.
It will be much welcomed for me, as I didnt/dont really like Carmageddon Reincarnation (mainly cuz they did a Carma 1 WITH hard missions, instead off a Carma 2 W/O missions).

And, is that what you meant by giving a new game?
Yes, Carmageddon Max Damage will be free for people who own Reincarnation.
:)

KazzyMac

Carmageddon Max Damage seems to be (only from the trailer, sadly dont really know) more of a Carmageddon 2 style of gameplay.
It will be much welcomed for me, as I didnt/dont really like Carmageddon Reincarnation (mainly cuz they did a Carma 1 WITH hard missions, instead off a Carma 2 W/O missions).

And, is that what you meant by giving a new game?
Yes, Carmageddon Max Damage will be free for people who own Reincarnation.
:)

It looks like given the mixed reception C:R got due to the optimisation problems that Stainless have decided to make a "1.5" sequel to start fresh. They also promised a console version of C:R as well as new maps so I think from a commercial perspective marketing it as a new game makes sense.

At least for us PC users we'll be getting it for free, so I'm not going to complain. ;)
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Zebulon55

Wow! Someone made a server side multiplayer mod with a theoretical 32 player limit for Carmageddon Reincarnation.  8)

Only tested with 10 so far, though, and it has issues. :o

http://steamcommunity.com/app/249380/discussions/0/405693392926559045/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:06:40 AM by Zebulon55 »