Poll

How would you rate our graphics in the Early Access?

One star * (Very bad)
1 (0.2%)
Two stars ** (Bad)
2 (0.3%)
Three stars *** (Mediocre)
53 (9%)
Four stars **** (Great)
334 (56.9%)
Five stars ***** (Excellent)
197 (33.6%)

Total Members Voted: 585

Author Topic: POLL: RATE OUR GRAPHICS  (Read 19990 times)

Hypnotoad

I am really impressed by the graphics of this game. But there might be still some room for improvements, i would like to see some more or better smoke / fire / dirt or water effects. Overall this is such a great game. Unfortunately most of my friends did not hear about it. You really need to make some advertisement. When the game is ready you should contact the german gaming magazines to get some more attention! :) Really really nice game!!

Holybeer

It's really awesome.

But.

The fact is, it's too much. I mean, sometime the car should not be able to drive, and it still drives. Sometime the body should make explose the tire because of the friction, or just, engine is broken because of hits. There are several incoherences in the graphics. Physics are really impressive, and it's awesome, but it' too much.

By the way, there is aliasing, textures are sometime ugly ( cars interior for example ), crowd is eww but I hope it will be fixed by the time. 4 stars for me.

Lari Fari

The fact is, it's too much. I mean, sometime the car should not be able to drive, and it still drives. Sometime the body should make explose the tire because of the friction, or just, engine is broken because of hits. There are several incoherences in the graphics. Physics are really impressive, and it's awesome, but it' too much.

None of this has to do with what is meant by graphics in this pole.

What you mean is the difference between damage visualisation and the effect it has on the cars drivability. But thats an entirely different topic ^^

Gaming Since 1989

TeksWiller

I like this game's graphics. Allthough we need good antialiasing method (non mlaa/fxaa). I don't use shadows because horrible performance hit even on medium. Medium shadows aren't very good looking even. But still I love your game and i have hope, because have played your earlier games (and enjoyed much).
i5-6400 (stock), gtx960 2gb, 8gb ddr3 2400mhz, Logitech g25 (with h-shifter) at 900 degrees.

Afra0732

The graphics for a game in pre-alpha aren't usually that great, but for NCG, they are amazing. They could obviously still use work, no game is ever perfect, but at this stage in development, they are beautiful. I can run it at a smooth 60fps most of the time with maxed out quality.
The sparks and fire sound like really cool ideas. I know it's still really early, but here's a little list of things I think would be great to have in-game. I borrowed some of them from other members in this forum.
-Engine blowing (fire and smoke in the hood)
-Tires blowing
-More details for the environment
-Cars picking up more dirt
-More details in the debris
-Better bloom effects
-Shinier finishes
-More realistic smoke
-Sometimes when a car gets destroyed until there's basically one wheel left, the textures get a little messed up

canevergiu

Considering this is in Alpha mode, I gave 5 stars.
The only negative point I can see now is the stages (especially the sand ones) are too empty. Maybe put some more cones, fences, things like these to "populate" the track and make it feel alive.

pong76

Playing this at a 4k resolution, I gotta say it looks nothing short of fantastic. And on top of that, I can run it a max settings (except AA) with 23 other players/AI on any track at a rock solid 60fps.

Well done, keep up the good work, I take my hat off!
i7-5930K + Titan X SLI + X99 = 4K/60FPS

Gunstonator

Graphics are almost spot on so far. I run the game on Medium-High on an Nvidia gtx960 4GB and I do drop a few frames here and there but I assume as development goes on I will start to see that less frequently.

Environments look good so far but a little sparse as others have mentioned. Damage and reflections are great too and I like the number of paint options available.

Would love to see a really muddy and narrow forestry track for more of a challenge!  :D
gunstone-art.co.uk

kerenski23

A lot of things look really nice already, but there's also room for improvements.

Some examples are:

- particle effects in general could be better/more detailed in places (fire and debris clipping mostly, smoke/dust kicked up by tires), I very much like the idea of trailing sparks when a wheel is missing/damaged or so

- in certain states of damage parts like the brake disks lose contact with the car and hover alongside it

- the driver being part of the car's rigging leads to some pretty distorted positionings at times, though i'm not quite sure how to fix this, seeing as a ragdoll inside a crushed car would probably present clipping issues

- if you get an object like a traffic cone stuck under your nose, the entire car's body sometimes flashes with reflections of that object

- the LoD effect on dynamic tires has a really low distance when they're lying on track, they show as hexagons until you're almost on top of them sometimes

- vegetation could be more detailed/more destructable, for example cutting tracks in grass or being able to uproot small trees/bushes

Thanks for listening to the community, guys. Keep those updates comin :D

Ruben Bugbear

Would love subtle Motion Blur as an option Bugbear :D !
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB

Zeeeeeek

I love the graphics! And it's running well on my computer, even with 23 opponents in the arena. A pretty damn good job for an early access game. Even at its first year the graphics were over the top.

greetings
Zeeeeeek

Purple44

I love the graphics! And it's running well on my computer, even with 23 opponents in the arena. A pretty damn good job for an early access game. Even at its first year the graphics were over the top.

greetings
Zeeeeeek

Where your computer specs? You running max out graphic settings? Just curious.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel