Author Topic: Want snow tracks? Let Bugbear know here.  (Read 3383 times)

Purple44

This just got posted over at Mixed-surface tracks thread, so I think it time to start a snow track thread:

We're currently working on couple of tracks that feature both tarmac and gravel on the same circuit. These will be added along the way for sure.

We've got some prototype snow and mud tracks too, but they are way down the line in development at the moment. But maybe in the future... Who knows ;)

You made me smile today, this first that I have read that Bugbear is working on snow tracks!!!!  :D :D :D :D

If the snow tracks won't be ready for release, I can wait until expansion pack. The snow tracks would be a good selling point for an expansion pack.

Please, please Bugbear, release a snow map. The snow tracks were very popular in Flatout 1 and in the POLL: Favorite environment, the Winter forest is second at 50 votes.

I think I will start a new thread to talk about snow tracks, instead of getting off topic here.

Now that it been confirm that Bugbear is looking at snow tracks, I want to encourage Bugbear to continue developing a snow map with different track variations and hope other forum members will post here and ask Bugbear to give us snow tracks, PLEASE!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:08:51 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

stefi32

What more to say than what's already been said? We want snow tracks.
DON'T OPEN THE BONNET I'LL LOSE FIVE POINTS

Cornkid

Would be criminal to leave a snow track out.

I had sooo much fun on the original snow track, and it was even better with free roam derby mode ;)  The ice lake was a carnage fest

Mopower

I absolutely would love snow tracks, and mud tracks! Don't forget about those. Dry dirt isn't enough for me in derbies. Give me some muddy clay to slide around in!
Go Big or Go Home!

RatPat

What bothers me is this the idea.
If there would be a skeleton version of the field. No grass, no the surface of the track. Only geomorphology and buildings. I wonder could the this type of surfaces make surfaces that would correspond to the seasons.
Without the need to do everything from the beginning. Or design a physics engine that drop over the surface
a suitable element that would look good and would work. http://mmacklin.com/pbf_sig_preprint.pdf
Since all of the material is liquid, others just flow more slowly.

John Burning

Yep, +1!

Adenru

Frozen lake.
Here when I live a track opens every year on a frozen river for everyone, I mean it used to open every year, this winter lacks negative temperatures. Well, that was fun.

LUNITIC_WILL

i never really played on the snow tracks so this would be a game to get me into it
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

palker

Snow tracks would be nice challenge.

Mopower

Frozen lake.
Here when I live a track opens every year on a frozen river for everyone, I mean it used to open every year, this winter lacks negative temperatures. Well, that was fun.
Yeah! Frozen lake for derbying! :D:D:D
Go Big or Go Home!

Majatek

A frozen lake would look quite amazing for a demolition derby track but I honestly cannot see it working without some suspension of disbelief and having the track surface grip like tarmac otherwise the cars would be left uselessly spinning in their starting positions. ;D

Purple44

A frozen lake would look quite amazing for a demolition derby track but I honestly cannot see it working without some suspension of disbelief and having the track surface grip like tarmac otherwise the cars would be left uselessly spinning in their starting positions. ;D

We had fun online doing derbys on the frozen lake in Flatout 1. Going try hit someone and slide right by them.  :o

Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

Yes! Snowtracks! And some snowmen to hit. And some snowbanks to push other cars into.

crazychris4124

I dont think i ever raced on an icy lake in a game. I think it could be fun in demo derby

Dwarfy2k

Ice derby stage? you mean like flatout 3's? that actually wasn't a bad derby stage to be honest.