Author Topic: Want snow tracks? Let Bugbear know here.  (Read 11460 times)

+1

How `bout a map Editor?   :o

8lunt

I want ICY tracks. And some hardcore icy tires.

Heddly

I'd like if they had a normal version of a track, like the dirt one, and a snow version. This could potentially save time as some of the work would probably be done already (no, I'm not assuming that making a snow track is as simple as clicking one checkbox).

In FlatOut 1 and FlatOut 2 you could replace the track textures with snow textures from the snow tracks and edit the data/global/dynamics/surface.bed file to create a snow track on a stock track.

I don't see why it would be too difficult to add that option, unless the new game engine would not be able to do the same thing.

Myrsilus

Ice/snow tracks would definitely be amazing. I would imagine that if they did implement them they would add ice tires, as they have already differentiated gravel/track tires. Would be great if they had visible spikes or studs on them to really add to the immersion.

Purple44

I'd like if they had a normal version of a track, like the dirt one, and a snow version. This could potentially save time as some of the work would probably be done already (no, I'm not assuming that making a snow track is as simple as clicking one checkbox).

In FlatOut 1 and FlatOut 2 you could replace the track textures with snow textures from the snow tracks and edit the data/global/dynamics/surface.bed file to create a snow track on a stock track.

I don't see why it would be too difficult to add that option, unless the new game engine would not be able to do the same thing.

:D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

X

I'd love to see snow tracks in NCG- I loved sliding around in FO1's frozen lakes track- I found it hilarious watching the AI trying to get around corners and ending up wiping out because of how little space they tried to brake with.

SHEePYTaGGeRNeP

yeee, maybe also a really thick snow map?

BuddhaMaster

Yes I wan't snow!
I also want a very thick snow track (as previous poster hinted), where you almost plow trough the thickness.
I also would like a track with optional small, iced puddles (Just a small  uncovered bit under the snow, so that you must take care of the angle and speed hitting that puddle, otherwise sparing the attention will mess up the field of cars)

That additional strategic element,
you know it will be fun!

Usmovers_02

I'd love to see all the people that think the current handling model is essentially perfect try driving on a snow track. I want snow too but the current handling model absolutely would make it hell.

Adenru

snow track. I want snow too but the current handling model absolutely would make it hell.
But this is exactly why we want it.

Purple44

I'd love to see all the people that think the current handling model is essentially perfect try driving on a snow track. I want snow too but the current handling model absolutely would make it hell.

Should be fun with a wheel!!  :)

Hopefully next build with give pad and KB players a little better handling. Handling with a wheel is good.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

Frozen lakes for racing/derbies should include some thin ice spots to allow you to give another racer the "polar bear plunge".  ;D

mo1pheu2

Some mixed snow and ice tracks, tarmac and snow or gravel and snow tracks for good drifting  ;)
mo1pheu2 :alias: speedmaster

dbs213

I made a thread suggesting snowy mountain peak racing here, http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1342.msg13858.html#msg13858

A snowboarding slope with trick pieces such as grind rails, snow mounds which act as ramps and quarter pipes would be gold.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:40:09 AM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Shortcut

Yeah for sure we want snow ^_^ liked it but the driving experience shold be not so oversteering when i accelerate and steer in another direktion