Author Topic: Wheel not detected (SRW-S1)  (Read 3524 times)

eobet

ISSUE
The Steelseries SRW-S1 wheel is not detected by the game

DESCRIPTION
In the settings screen where you configure your controls, only a keyboard button is visible. No option for detecting or calibrating or setting axises is shown anywhere (although there is a tab with force feedback options, strangely).

The expected result would be that there would be a button for the wheel that you could click to calibrate it, and that the game would accept wheel input.

The SRW-S1 wheel does not require any drivers and works flawlessly with iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and RaceRoom, which are all current games or games under development.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO

DEV STATUS

DEV COMMENT

Dwarfy2k

make sure your drivers are up to date with the wheel. Use the websites driver not the auto windows install ones.

Well that's what I'd normally say but I checked the only dl they have is nothing :S

I'm gonna have to agree that the wheel will need manual adding to the game. I still find it strange they don't make drivers for this wheel though.

eobet

Yup, this wheel doesn't require any drivers at all, because it doesn't have force feedback (it complies to the standard HID protocol).

There is software however to get the rev lights working, but there's only one single game that supports it (not counting a 3rd party plug-in for iRacing).

Ozozer

Is this really a bug or should this be in the support section?
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

eobet

Is this really a bug or should this be in the support section?

As I said, the wheel works with iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and RaceRoom, so I would be very surprised if the problem is on my end.