Author Topic: Update #1 2014-01-15  (Read 10448 times)

Purple44

Here the thread about other payment options:

Give us more payment options!

Paypal page has an option where you can choose to pay by credit or debit card. No need to create an paypal account.

Edit:
We will add other payment methods also, but it took time few days.

Yeah, don't want to create paypal account just for this one game. Adding more payment options should be your top priority if you are serious, guys. People come in, have an impulse to pay for this game, discover that there's only paypal accepted and never come back.

We are looking into more payment options, yes. May take a while, though... PayPal is the easiest to set up and even that took much more time than we anticipated.

Before we do: you DO NOT need to create an account to pay with PayPal. Just choose the "pay by debit/credit card" option from below the PayPal login stuff and you can pay without an account.

They don't make it very clear, but it does work (I tested all the products in the store that way myself).

" Before we do: you DO NOT need to create an account to pay with PayPal. Just choose the "pay by debit/credit card" option from below the PayPal login stuff and you can pay without an account. "

Unfortunately the "DO NOT need to create an account" option only works in some countries, other countries this option was not available.  :(

Janne Suur-Näkki, did Bugbear ever look into the Humble store app?

http://survivethedistance.com/

Give us more payment options!
you guys can try out humble store widget which is used by many indie games dev

example http://ironcladtactics.com/the-extra-extra-bundle/

paypal,amazon payments and google wallet is used

Refract is using Humble Widget for pre-orders too, for new racing game Distance:

http://survivethedistance.com/

Bugbear maybe should look into this.
Flatout Joint Looking for a Flatout mod?

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit

St. Jimmy

- Implemented iterative engine component damage + related HUD visuals.
- Implemented lighting tweaks, and added lens flares.

Option to remove that red "arrow" indicator showing where the hit came would be welcome. Also remove lens flares (these circles) from the cockpit view because eye can't see them. You can keep them in other views because they aren't real views.
i7 2600K @ 4,4GHz
GTX 680 2GB
Ripjaws X 8GB 1600 MHz

DjParagon

Oh yeah, nice find Purple ! I did not see this !

It seems like a while ago though, they probably ran into some trouble or just miscomunication...

:o

ZMRZO

when will be the next update? thank you  ;D

Janne Suur-Näkki

To be honest, we have had our hands so full to get the game to a presentable state and ready for Early Access that we haven't had time to properly research the option of going into Humble Store. As we have learned, these things can be very time-consuming to set up properly. I'm afraid I can't promise anything at this point, but we'll try to take a look to see if it would be something that we'd like to do. It's an unfortunate situation that there are some folks who can't get the game just because there's no way for them to pay, so it's really something that we'd like to solve.

And sorry for any possible miscommunication regarding this issue or anything else for that matter, in many cases it's been a result of speaking before something is set and done. We're not a publisher, on the contrary; everyone of us works on the game most of the time, and setting up marketplaces, arranging payment methods and doing customer support and all that is just something that we do on the side - there have been many occasion where we have been very optimistic on something, only to find out later that things don't quite work the way we initially thought.

About the next update, nothing is set in stone so far but we're hopeful that it shouldn't take too long. This is probably again one of those things that it's better not to say anything certain to avoid talking through my hat. Especially at this point when the game's still new and very much work-in-progress we'd prefer every update to contain something notable, be it new features or new content.
resident game designer

DjParagon

Thank you for the kind words Janne, we know you guys are working hard on this game, it is completely understandable.

:D  ;D

ZMRZO

Thank you for answer  :)

Redvaze

Man, I love these devs. Best $25.00 I've ever spent!

SkinnierSteve

I totally agree! Bugbear is awesome!
Specs: Windows 7 pro 64-bit, Gainward Nvidia Geforce Gtx 560 ti 2gb phantom, Intel core I5-3470 3.20 GHz quad core, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt huntkey power supply. Steam name: SkinnierSteve
youtube channel name: iwantagirl2

Victor Cortez

Man, I love these devs. Best $25.00 I've ever spent!

Exactly. Even if the game turned out to be disappointing (and judging from what we've seen so far, it's freaking awesome), their attitude earned them that money.

lawie

awesome! :)
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
                   --------

Brutal

- Removed reset back to track
- Car damage is persistent until fixed on garage

This i what i want o see on a future update  ;D

SkinnierSteve

I agree with brutal
Specs: Windows 7 pro 64-bit, Gainward Nvidia Geforce Gtx 560 ti 2gb phantom, Intel core I5-3470 3.20 GHz quad core, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt huntkey power supply. Steam name: SkinnierSteve
youtube channel name: iwantagirl2

MSPORTBMW

- Removed reset back to track
- Car damage is persistent until fixed on garage

This i what i want o see on a future update  ;D

+1
Clevo P370EM Gaming laptop....i7 3840QM@2.8-3.8 ghz....16GB Ram....2x 680m 4GB SLI....Windows 7 Ultimate....Windows Experience 7.7

Crasher

reset function on multiplayer, NO thanks