Author Topic: Future of RRU  (Read 7852 times)

jugularis

Hello, i just wanna ask:

I spend cca 40 hours in Ridge Racer: Unbounded and it is funny game. have you planned some kind of DLC, besides of preorder cars?

Joonas Laakso

There are plans for other things, but I can't quite yet say what they are. We want to get all the patches out of the way first (and we're very close to that) before talking about the future.

jugularis

There are plans for other things, but I can't quite yet say what they are. We want to get all the patches out of the way first (and we're very close to that) before talking about the future.

Thank you, for quick reply!  ;)  I get one car package from preorder and bought these two on steam immediately after release just for some another small amount of cash for you.  ;) If something comes out, count with me. And thank you for not leaving pc version after release.

John Burning

What do you think about making the block of the forest and other? I think really cool the DLC pack with different blocks for editor. Escape from the City!  :D

jugularis

What do you think about making the block of the forest and other? I think really cool the DLC pack with different blocks for editor. Escape from the City!  :D

This!!

John Burning

I'd like to have this pack :)
Amm, now I've got a lot of time and I can draw the blocks for you.
The types of blocks:
1) Forest (narrow paths, different sawmills and old highways, and I can invent more, righ now I need to go)
2) Desert blocks
3) Ridge blocks
And i can invent more and more, but now I really need to go. Tomorrow, alright?
See you next time.

John Burning

Alright, I'm here now. Againg.
So, let's continue.
1) The Forest blocks (narrow paths, different sawmills and old highways, maybe old gas stations, towns and blocks with soil trumplins)
2) The Desert blocks (Old broken military warehouse, old highways, maybe old scar yard like in FO, town in the desert, block with the road between rocks and, sure, broken bridge)
3) The Ridge blocks (The block with rupture on one side and block with trumplin or bridge across big ravine. Blocks with old buildings and mines in the rocks)
4) The blocks with a little town like town in Water Canal district in FO.
5) Transitional blocks between all the types of blocks.
What do you think about?

Patricko

Is there any possibility that You could tell us when we could expect the patch release?
Because all of us are waiting for working online, and to finish trophies/achievements.

Joonas Laakso

We will tell exact timing as soon as we know, but the problem is that it's not up to us. Patches have to go through a quality assurance and certification process, which takes time. It may be that once we get an approval, it's going to be live the next day, or it might take some weeks yet. Sorry! We don't mean to keep anyone in the dark.

John Burning

I think if you'll have the time to make port on PC better, we'll not see this problems with online. You (Bugbear) need some time, we (players) need some patience. That's normal.

antwerpo

What about a european city? I love RRU but I would like to build a european city but all the content looks so american. And a tokyo style city would be nice as well.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:44:05 PM by antwerpo »

Phantasmonaut

One thing I really miss in RRU are crossroad-cityblocks. Those blocks would give much more flexibility to create own racetracks.
I'm thinking of two types of crossroads: Some, where cars micht collide and some where the crossroad is save.
Type 1 could be a normal crossroad at ground-level or a crossroad with a bump in the center (like in the special-racetracks from Flatout UC) so the cars become airborn (and might collide in the air).
Type 2 could be a bridge/ highway/ tunnel crossing a road at grade.
And maybe a cityblock with a broken (or missing?) bridge (crossing a road at grade), so cars need to "jump"; this block would have the biggest potential to be modified with the advanced-editior.
It would be best, when the player/track-autor had the choice to not only use those block as crossroads but also as normal (straight) roads.
PS: Sorry for my prettydamnshitty english.   :D  :P

Phantasmonaut

I almost forgot: Most of my created tracks are deadly highspead-parcour-timeattacks, that would be much more challenging/fun with blue instead of red boost. IMO it is a big deficide, that there is no option to change the boost-type (fot Timeattacks). I wish to choose between: Red Boost / Blue Boost / Both (there are many buttons, that have no function; once the boost is filled you could activate the red one with A-button (eggsbox360-controller) or the blue one with X-button)
And I miss one Race type (sth like Shindo-Domination-Race) where you have both boost-types.
The option to choose how to spend the boost-meter would make the races more tactically.

nethaniah

Will we ever see wheel support for the PC version?

John Burning

Will we ever see wheel support for the PC version?
I think that you'll not be able to play this with wheel.