Author Topic: Making of Flatout 1  (Read 25310 times)

Purple44

This is a video of a track I thought of called for FlatOut 2. Purple44 was a big help with the minimap and ai . I think other tracks like this would be great, double reverse figure 8.

That a fun track to race online. I like the two way traffic on the stairs. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Nokikana

Hey! I was on a vacation. What for the god's sake happened to Flatout Joint??? On every Foj page it says page forbidden! What happened??

Purple44

Hey! I was on a vacation. What for the god's sake happened to Flatout Joint??? On every Foj page it says page forbidden! What happened??

I just got home from work and check out FOJ and seem to be working find at my end.

Just saw Lindsaylohan log into FOJ! :o

RacerBest

Just completed FlatOut on PC and saw the pictures at the credits.. Very nice to see beta pictures of the game.

By the way why you didn't add the Volkswagen Beetle buggy lookalike car and interior view. I remember seeing picture of the Beetle in finnish gaming magazine "Pelit" before release of the game.  ;D

And has anyone noticed that the car in main menu has the looks of Trasher, but with added supercharger and it is named Blocker there.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:14:57 PM by RacerBest »

psychicparrot

I would have liked a Beetle (in any format) in Flatout, too.. I've owned two Beetles and I love playing them in games.

Purple44

I did not see any Beetle in my custom cars for flatout 1. But there 2 Beetles ( old one and new one ) that were made for Flatout 2.

psychicparrot

Thanks Purple! Herbie is always cool :)

I really need to play around and install a mod.. haven't tried it yet but I must say the things you guys have shown on this forum look amazing!

69Imperial

El-huge-o bump, but Purple44, he meant that there was an actual VW dune buggy in the beta version.
I swear I remember hearing something about there being wildlife in an early version of Flatout.
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

Nokikana

Just completed FlatOut on PC and saw the pictures at the credits.. Very nice to see beta pictures of the game.

By the way why you didn't add the Volkswagen Beetle buggy lookalike car and interior view. I remember seeing picture of the Beetle in finnish gaming magazine "Pelit" before release of the game.  ;D

And has anyone noticed that the car in main menu has the looks of Trasher, but with added supercharger and it is named Blocker there.  ;)
I've seen that Buggy on Pelit magazine too, my friend. ;) In beta the cars seemed to have superchargers, cleaner paint jobs and different drivers & window damage textures.

X

What happened to the original car 17 'Skull'?
I've found a few transmission files and assorted text files, along with an accidental picture of one of the custom cars I added being named 'Skull' in the race results section at the end of the race.

Mopower

I have a question. Why do the engines have a max Horse power. For instance, on the bonecracker it maxes the horsepower at 442 even without buying a supercharger. If I were to buy the supercharger the horsepower remains at 442 hp. If you guys don't understand, I could upload a video for you to see, but don't really feel like it at this time.

Daystar

Unfortunately, this EMI-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.

Can you reupload without a music track please? yes Germany sucks when it comes to music.

Heddly

Old topic but the games are on sale.

FlatOut 1 and FlatOut 2   $1.49 each

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=FlatOut