Author Topic: Known solutions thread for fixes to problems running NCG and Sneak Peek.  (Read 43424 times)

Slimey345

So, I am trying to get the demo working, and I get to the opening screen, but when the game should load and the controls are shown to you, I get an endless black screen instead.
A few remarks:
1. I am playing on Linux, but since I can get other .exe games working, that can´t be the problem
2. My computer is quite old, though it holds up with most games pretty well
It might just be that something is outdated, but since it gives me a black screen, I can´t tell.
It would be swell if I got a solution to this problem.

Slimey

Frisker

Wreckfest only supports Windows at the point, so it might very well be the reason. Also, post your specs if it's them.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Aerotactics

NCG doesn't run great on old systems. Its current build is made for supercomputers, but I think its because its not optimized for best performance. I think at this time, its like kids taking handfuls of mud and stacking them on each other. The final product is supposed to be a sandcastle but we're not there yet.

Regreb Mada

I maxed my res and that fixed my black loading screen issue

Now this one has me stumped NCG sneak peek 2.0 works fine for me but wreckfest won't launch.

Purple44

I maxed my res and that fixed my black loading screen issue

Now this one has me stumped NCG sneak peek 2.0 works fine for me but wreckfest won't launch.

You getting any error message? Have you read through the solutions that are posted here to see if there a fix to try?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

II-WalkerGer-II

NCG doesn't run great on old systems. Its current build is made for supercomputers, but I think its because its not optimized for best performance. I think at this time, its like kids taking handfuls of mud and stacking them on each other. The final product is supposed to be a sandcastle but we're not there yet.

Great comparison there man! :D :D
Think like a Proton!

My Rig:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.2Ghz (custom cooler)
16GB RAM - Windows 10

Purple44

Seem some Nvidia drivers, match with some Nvidia video cards can't run Build #7 64bit version.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8178.0.html

I had WF working fine on Win7 32 bits, than upgrated to 64bit, and now the game is crashing after a few seconds seeing garage... both 32 and 64 bits versions. I removed the folder as you said and try everything else i could find but still wont work.
(wreckfest reinstalled, and new install of Empyrion same video problem)

- settings all minimum
- Full upgrated W7 64 bits (W10 ready)
- newest Nvidia drive 355.60 on Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 v2
- DX11

HELP  :'(

But now:

I installed the 344.75 nvidia driver and now everything works fine, both 32 and 64 bits. So, be aware that the newest drive (355.XX) from nvidia didnt work AT ALL for me !

I just installed a new 960 to replace my 660 and Wreckfest still running fine with the Nvidia 355.82 drivers.

Got my 960 4GB video card today. The 960 a heavier and longer video card than the 660. Did some benchmarking of Wreckfest and Mad Max so I can see what kind of FPS increase the new 960 give me over my old 660.

I used Display Driver Uninstaller to get rid of my old drivers and went with the new Nvidia 355.82 drivers.

I can report my computer survive the upgrade process ( got rid them dust bunnies for another year! ) and Wreckfest and Mad Max still run.  :D

Here the benchmarks I got using Fraps with the 660:

2015-09-02 14:40:20 - Wreckfest_x64 Gravel track
Frames: 7912 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 39.560 - Min: 23 - Max: 53  1280x960 max 2xMSAA

2015-09-02 14:50:40 - MadMax  Outer Graves
Frames: 10822 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 54.110 - Min: 35 - Max: 63 1600x1200 Ultra high

Here the benchmarks I got using Fraps with the 960:

2015-09-02 19:40:36 - Wreckfest_x64
Frames: 10292 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 51.460 - Min: 31 - Max: 66  1280x960 max 2xMSAA

2015-09-02 21:55:45 - MadMax
Frames: 11976 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 59.880 - Min: 52 - Max: 63  1600x1200  960 Ultra high

In Mad Max the 960 got me about a 6 FPS increase in avg FPS. In Wreckfest the 960 got me about a 12 FPS increase in avg FPS.

I hope I can now run Wreckfest at 1600x1200 now and keep FPS above 40 FPS.

Edit:

2015-09-02 23:40:45 - Wreckfest_x64
Frames: 9013 - Time: 200000ms - Avg: 45.065 - Min: 27 - Max: 57  1600x1200 max 2xMSAA

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:45:28 PM by Purple44 »

Kingakomoto

I am having a issue where the game loads and then crashes before it loads the actual game, it loads the title and then it crashes on a blackscreen loading the controls and game itself

michael200101

I cant download the demo,im signed up but when i go on the link there is an error on the page

Purple44

I cant download the demo,im signed up but when i go on the link there is an error on the page

Seem Bugbear has not got around to fixing the download link at their site. Try this one:

For the time being, you can use this download link: https://mega.nz/#!aoERzIgZ!urgqtZfVq1Vj0dN4KTXoN2LnrfWBtWiz3kzfbGQu82Q

Purple44

Now we got mod support in Wreckfest, we are seeing posts that Wreckfest not starting after enabling some mods. I'm thinking some mods may not work well together and cause Wreckfest to not load. If this happens to you, do this:

Hi

I have chosen some mods in game and then I had to restart the game. But the game didn't start again...and it doesn't start still :(
I reinstalled it and I checked the data but nothing happens :/

Hope anybody can help me :)

Try one the 2 solutions in these posts:

Attention !
I found the way to repair the game in case if the mods have broken it. Do this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access
Delete the modlist.mods file from there, so the game starts again without any mods. :)

You can also edit modlist.mods with 'bagedit'   1=activate  /  0=deactivate  a specific mod.

Yes, but, someone who's not capable of editing/have not the skill or knowledge, needs that tip. :)

Purple44

Also lately we been getting more reports of *Fatal Disk Error*. Here a couple things that have fix it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/357287304414429203/?tscn=1464130389

Quote from: Nevermind Me?!?!?!
Hi there, I need some help.... After one of these new updates I am now un able to play the game. Everytime I launch the game it comes up *Fatal Disk Error*....

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it... I am not the only person this happend to because there are a handful of threads with this issue, I have been unable to fix the game with the help in those threads... Need help asap, thank you :D

Quote from: Nevermind Me?!?!?!;357287304414650494
Quote from: solaris7;357287304414513854
Try lunching the game In 32bit mode. The 64bit version of the game works for me if I launch the 32bit, close it and then launch the 64bit. If I don't do this I get the fatal disk error

Fixed the issue, thanks :D

Fatal Disk Error [FIXED]

Space had to do this to get rid of Fatal Disk Error:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/357286663685944279/?tscn=1463865132

Quote from: Spaceface;357286663687360331
Yep, I was getting the same error after the latest update. Thought it was my SSD failing, but got the same error after installing on another drive. This only happened when launching the 64 bit version, the 32 bit didn't give me that error. I set the wreckfest_x64.exe to run in compatiblility mode for Windows 7 and that resolved the problem  for me.

Hi, I recently noticed that Wreckfest has steam workshop now, i was hyped to test it out, downloaded 2 mods, went into game, everything worked fine, but i did not see any mods, then i noticed button "MODS" on top of the screen, i clicked there and noticed that this is where you enable mods. so game said that you need to restart the game in order for mods to get enabled, so i clicked "yes" and then i got "fatal disk error".

now i can't run the game anymore, i get fatal disk error every time.

and i swear if one noob tells me it is my drive, i will slap you with a 100 year old smelly tuna fish, right in the face!!
this error has been around for a while (i searched before i posted), but clearly nobody else has brains to figure out that this has nothing to do with your drive, the error is caused by some save data or mod.
Clearly after enabling the mods and getting the error, the problem is with the mod.

I went back onto steam workshop and unsubscribed, but the issue is still there, i'm quite sure it corrupted my save data, but i have no idea where to look or what to delete.
so developers please fix this, at least make the game show us the correct error messages.

EDIT:

FIX:
Go into your "Steam/userdata" folder and search for "228380" folder, then go into "228380/local/wreckfest early access" and delete the file caleld "modlist.mods" and re-launch the game.

Purple44

Hey, it my turn to post in my thread. :P

Problem:
After letting Microsoft upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10, I now need 3d glasses to play Wreckfest!  :o

Solution:
If I alt-tab and then go back to Wreckfest, that would get rid of the 3D effect. But I wanted a better fix. So I did a Google search for " this application is not rated by nvidia corp " And got a link to this thread:

This application is not rated by Nvidia Corp

Quote from: DrunkNinja
     Nov 14, 2015
Loading the title screen when I was given a message in the bottom left of screen saying "This application is not rated by nvidia corp"...

Followed by my game skitzing out and all the colours turning a brown orange and white mess. Now unplayable.

Drivers are current and been playing no problems for months, until today.

Any ideas? Can't find any information about this problem, I'm clueless.

****FIXED**** Something was causing the game to start in 3D mode, disable sterioscopic 3D in Nvidia control panel.

So I go check the Nvidia control panel and find this:

I unclick sterioscopic 3D setting, fire up Wreckfest and the 3D effect is gone. :)

Doing the Win 10 upgrade over Win 7 kept my current Nividia drivers, but somehow the upgrade enable the sterioscopic 3D setting.

Problem:    Black Screen after resolution change
Quote from: RoNDoNDo
Wreckfest was working great until... I just bought a new monitor that will do 1440.  So, I start the game, change the resolution from 1080 to 1440 and it says it needs to restart the game.  Once the game restarts all I get is a black screen.  I can hear the game running, but the screen stays black.  I can't even figure out how to get it to quit besides turning the system off.  ALT tab, task manager, etc will not respond.

Is there a way for me to set the resolution prior to launching the game?  I know it let me do that the very first time I launched the game, but now since the game launches right to the splash screen, I can't see how to get the resolution back where it used to be.  I'm thinking if I can set the resolution back to 1080 that it will work again until I figure out why the 1440 will not work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Solution:

Quote from: Facial_Burns;333657334439109567
You are running the game on fullscreen(porbably) change to boarderless or windowed then the black screen should go away and if i were to guess you are Win 10 maybe 8?

Quote from: RoNDoNDo;333657334439729294
Yes, I am Win10 and I was running fullscreen.  I switched to windowed and it started working in 1440.  I then switched back to fullscreen and it's working now too.  Really weird.  Thanks for all the help, especially the -settings option which really helped me a lot!

Problem:   walking backwards car
Quote from: chavesfull
game is impossible to play because my car is going backwards alone, I wonder if anyone has had this problem and have to solve.

Quote from: chavesfull;276237094323872492
Quote from: UK}Sam223;276237094323866178
try remapping your controller in the ingame options?

Yes, just install the game, but is not giving to play because my car is walking alone in reverse

Solution:
Quote from: chavesfull;276237094323913450
Quote from: UK}Sam223;276237094323894212
Go in game. Click menu>settings>controls

Ok, the problem was in control, it was necessary to update the joystick driver, now is functioning normally, thanks for listening.

Problem:
camera spins around the car. camera 45 degrees off

Solution:
presuming ed, you probably need to go the Settings and check the input mappings one by one, deleting any bogus one (check under all controller devices). We've noticed that automatic mapping sometimes fails.

Janne - your suggestion is what I did and it worked for me. The camera was pointing left in the beginning before reconfiguring. My Fanatext CLS PS4 Wheel with CSL Elite Pedals ist a bit confusing when trying to configure, as the Wheel itself shows up two times. I just deleted all and every input and mapped the ones I need one by one, now it works.

Here 2 threads with some possible fixes:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,7943.0.html

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6375.0.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:11:13 PM by Purple44 »

Daystar

Oh my Purple.... Win 10 really? you know big brother will watch you like a hawk now. so was it worth the upgrade? get better fps in games?
funny how I added an extra hard drive last year, and microcrap informed me that my Windows 7 version was illegal! I said screw them. and will stick to my Windows 7.
I have altered (lots of google registry search tweaks for my registry, was finally able to get my Windows 7 to be back to normal)  my Windows 7 since than, to get my wallpapers back. damn scheming artist they are! I have stopped all updates, and will never update (bow down) to their evil ways. Grrrrr!!!!! pisses me off. but I am content and happy with Windows 7 pro.  ;D

Heddly

I would upgrade to Win 10 but I'm afraid that I would have to re-install all of the programs on my C: drive.

Did that happen to you Purple?

My Dad's laptop seemed to have left all of his programs intact and operational.