Author Topic: Known solutions thread for fixes to problems running NCG and Sneak Peek.  (Read 64490 times)

Facial_Burns

Purple how long did I take to upgrade? And should I do it, I am on the edge after hearing so much good and bad, I don't want to be left behind in a few months if something good comes in windows 10 and I can't get a free upgrade, will I loose any files? Will I have to do anything to get my PC working the way it was before the upgrade ?
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Purple44

Purple how long did I take to upgrade? And should I do it, I am on the edge after hearing so much good and bad, I don't want to be left behind in a few months if something good comes in windows 10 and I can't get a free upgrade, will I loose any files? Will I have to do anything to get my PC working the way it was before the upgrade ?

Hi, I spent about 3 days on it between getting the partition the way I wanted them on the new hard drive and then trying get Win 10 installed on the cloned new hard drive.

Read my post here and if got more questions, ask them in that thread and will try answer them if I can:

Concerning windows 10... will you upgrade to it?   post #45
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Came across this fix for the bangers mod today over at Steam:

Problem:   can't play uk banger racing
Quote from: Tinheadbri
can someone please help.. i got all the right mods to play banger racing but keeps saying wrong client ....driving me mad.

Solution:
Quote from: Tinheadbri;1318835718940928398
got it working guys it was verifying the game file after appling the mods that fix it..thanks for your help eveyone i been trying to get this to work for ages

Purple44

May need a new video card to fix a problem with Wreckfest?

Problem:  Multiplayer lost connection

Quote from: maxxis26
been struggling to play online for a while now, it will connect to a game but usually after one race i will get "connection lost" to server
tried several fixes but no improvment.

any help greatly appreciated

Solution:
Quote from: maxxis26;1290691937724480403
well i seem to have fixed my problem... i upgraded to a gtx 970 exoc from my gtx 690
it would seem my old 690 was struggling to load the textures so was timing me out...
since fitting the new 970 ive been playing for the last few hours without any issue and not one ping timeout.

I do know with my 960, if I use ultra or high grass settings, I can get timeout when loading Sandpit 3 track. 40+ secs to load. Been using medium setting for grass lately and not getting timeout online now.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:18:04 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Found a new fix:

Problem:  Wreckfest not starting under Vista.

I used be able to run my second copy of Wreckfest ( bought under a different Steam user account ) installed on second computer with Win Vista. Used this second game to test LAN mode.

But it been over year now since Wreckfest stop working on Vista computer. Today I did a fresh install. I deleted the \Bugbear Entertainment folder and the userdata  \228380 folder. And I get the Wreckfest_x64.exe has stopped working error. Same if I start the 32bit version.

I did try adding the '-setup' command through Steam launch option and game crashes before I see startup options screen.

I'm curious, are there other Vista players that still can get Wreckfest to start and run? Bugbear Devs, do you keep a Vista computer to test new Builds to see if game still runs?

Solution:

I downloaded Vista-DX11-patch-[Guru3D.com].msu from Guru3d: 
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/microsoft-windows-vista-directx-11-update.html

But get this error when I try to install it:

At this Guru thread, says I need "Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB971512)":

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/microsoft-windows-vista-directx-11-update.307810/page-3

morbias said: ?

Guys getting the error on 64-bit Vista, try the 64-bit download direct from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=e2da6ef8-92b6-4370-9e22-2c05a8c37ab0

Thanks very much my good old friend :) , this was what i was looking for and could not find it ,cheers M8 :thumbup: , installed flawlessly in my windows Vista x64 HD.

Regards: Angelo.

But I have this update already. But downloaded it again from Microsoft, Windows6.0-KB971512-x64.msu. I ran it and it installed and now dxdiag says I have 10.1.

Tried to install the Vista directx11 update but still get same error. But went ahead and tried to load Wreckfest. 32bit version don't start, but the 64bit runs again.  :)

St. Jimmy

One problem with high refresh monitors seems to be that you need to leave the refresh rate option blank/empty. Otherwise the game crashes:

I purchased the game 20 minutes ago and am very disappointing to find it crashes upon launch while using 144hz screen. Can i expect a quick fix?

^the solution was to leave the refresh rate tab blank in the config tool. This will have the game run at 144hz regardless.

This is definitely a bug and probably easy to fix. Just leaving this here for future reference, in case more people run into this issue.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Found this today:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/2549465882932271461/

Quote from: SteelWalker
This Wheel will be supported in Wreckfest but in PC Mode you can't save the key binds after change the keys, with CSW 2.0 Mode it works fine. But, here the solution, how you can use the key binds from CSW2.0 Mode in PC Mode with CSL Elite PS4 Wheel. The game creating two different filenames using the Wheel in PC Mode and CSW Mode. Here my controller Filenames that crated from Wreckfest with different Wheel Modes as example.
am44495644495000000000000000010eb7.dat -> CSW 2.0 Mode (yellow LED light on Base)
am44495644495000000000000000050eb7.dat -> CSL Elite PC Mode (red LED light on Base)

1. Go to Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\228380\local\wreckfest early access\controllers" and delete all *.dat files.
2. Start your CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 and hold the Mode button for 3 Seconds -> Base LED is now "yellow" -> CSW 2.0 Mode (you must install latest driver 293 for this)
3. Start Wreckfest, go to controller settings and select CSW 2.0 as controller and set your new key binds.
4. Exit the Game
5. Go to Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\228380\local\wreckfest early access\controllers" and rename your *dat files to "*_CSW" at the end of filename.
6. Start your CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 now with normal PC Mode (push Mode button until LED on the Base is RED = PC Mode)
7. Start Wreckfest and go to controller menu and select first CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 as controller.
8. Exit the Game
9. Go to Folder  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\228380\local\wreckfest early access\controllers" and replace the *.dat files to "*_CSL" at the end of filename.
10. now copy the filename of the *.dat Files from CSL and rename the dat files from _csw to similar filename from CSL without extensions _*.
11. right click the renamed dat files and enable the write protection.
12. start the game and have fun! works fine now in PC Mode without using CSW Mode for CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4. :)

you must restart the steps when you want edit the keybinds again.

This works only with CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4, not with old CSL Elite Base for Xbox One and PC.

Be sure to backup your \controllers folder before trying this.

Purple44

If getting the Fatal disk error with the new Dec 2017 update to Wreckfest, checkout this thread:

Fatal disk error

Purple44

Problem: Workshop content not downloading now
I unsubbed from all my old mods and resubbed to 'december safe' mods, but they are not downloading. I have restarted steam, validated files, restarted my PC and even quickly subbed/unsubbed to mods but nothing is working.

What would be the issue?

Solution:
A few people have had this problem recently including Janne. Backup your games, then reinstall steam fixed it for him

This worked for me, cheers. I guess the new game installing with the old mods, and then me uninstalling them just gubbed something.

Thanks guys.

Problem:   Can't detect Wheel (DFGT)
Quote from: Atrip3
Hi!

I have some trouble to configure my Logitech Driving Force GT.
Basically, Wreckfest won't detect it.

Checked profiler, but every change I made seems not working.

Thank you. In the meantime I'll use my xbox controller

Solution:
Quote from: Atrip3;1620599015887141589
Ok, nevermind.

The culprit was Steam with his Generic Controller settings. Disable it and it runs smooth
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:13:09 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Another possible fix if getting a Fatal Disk Error message:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1692659769956154282/

Quote from: Avolition;1692659769958888615
I think I found something that works.  In Windows 10, Wreckfest_x64.exe properties, compatability, Disable Fullscreen Optimizations. Run as administrator.  Runs like a charm now.

St. Jimmy

Two same kind of can't launch problems, same solution. Neither Sneakpeek and Wreckfest launched and no launcher got shown and platform was Windows 10:

Problem: After the update, the game cannot be started regardless of what I do
What's basically happening is that when pushing run in Steam, the game will say "running" for 3-4 seconds, then "synchronizing / validating" for 1 second and then do nothing. The game won't start.
I don't even get the graphic options up, which it should after you have done a reinstallation of the game.

Problem: Game refuses to launch after January 2018 patch
As of the january 2018 update, whenever I launch Wreckfest 64bit and 32bit on Steam,  nothing happens after the "Preparing to launch Wreckfest (January 2018)" steam dialog appears.

My Steam name turns green for a few seconds - as if the game was actually running - but after that nothing happens, and my name goes back to blue.

I am not getting any error messages. The game process never starts up - instead I only instantly get a Windows Error Reporter process, the prompt for which never appears on my desktop

Solution: Soft reset Windows 10
We have pretty much came to a conclusion that it's some kind of a Windows issue. The Sneak Peek/Throw a Santa doesn't launch either for him. One thing that's common for them is the start-up launcher so maybe some redist/library isn't anymore working right in his computer anymore?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game is now starting up after a soft Windows reset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Different launch problem with Windows 7:

Problem: Game does not launch (Neither setup or game window appears)
This issue has been going on for the last couple of updates, but I'm at my wits end trying to solve it now.

My specs:

Intel i7 6700HQ
    6GB GTX 1060
    16GB DDR4 RAM

Things I have done so far:

Launching the game with -disable_mods
    Deleting modslist.mods file
    Verified game files
    Reinstalled game
    Updated drivers
    Updated DirectX and Visual C++ redistributables
    Reinstalled game on boot drive
    Reset Windows

When launching the game, the application briefly appears in the Task Manager before immediately terminating, and a Windows Error Reporting process is immediately launched.

Solution: Install and run NCG Sneakpeek
Is this the only game you get this? I'd suggest you to try the Next Car Game Throw-A-Santa + Sneak Peek 2.0 also to see if the same crash happens.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NCG Sneak Peek runs just fine.

The game now mysteriously works for no apparent reason. The last thing I installed was the Sneak Peek, so maybe I was missing some dependencies that were installed by the sneak peek?

I wish I could give a more solid answer for those looking to fix this issue in the future.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:29:10 AM by St. Jimmy »
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Problem: Freeze after 5-10 seconds
crash after 5 - 10 seconds
Hello :)

A friend has some problems to start the game.

He started the game, and after 5 - 10 seconds the game crash and he must make a hard reset.

- 64 Bit
- GTX 1080
- CPU I7 8700k
- Windows 10

what he done:

- new install
- delete userdata
- change resolution (Full HD, 2k, 4k)
- stop anti virus
- start as admin

can some one help us pls?

Solution:
Solution:

1. Turn off the computer
2. Take out your USB "wireless" equipment (headset or xbox controller or...)
3. Let the computer start up
4. Plug in your USB "wireless" equipment (headset or xbox controller or...)

Problem:   Kasperski
Anti-vurus programs blocking or deleting Wreckfest exe files, like Kasperski and Avast.

Solution:
Kasperski hates your .exe

This has cropped up in older builds, but its also in this March one. 

Occasionally, Kasperski will confuse the .exe with a trojan, and delete the file:

Detected object (process memory) deleted

Process memory
c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\bugbear entertainment\wreckfest_x64.exe

Object name
PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Object type
Other malware

Now, the work-around is easy enough - put Wreckfest into the exceptions list.  And Kasperski is known for this sort of false positive - but your .exe is tripping it up.

As you know Janne, I have mentioned this in the past. and you told me it's the way the file is packed. confusing some virus scanners.

Problem:  SteamAPI_init() failed
Quote from: blunted
Hi,

I bought this game a few month ago and had no problem to launch. Now I reinstalled the game on a new HD and I have this error :

- Steam must be running to play this game (SteamAPI_Init() failed).

I tried on two different HD, restart steam + the computer, and check the files but I still have this problem.

Anyone has an idea ?
Thanks !

Solution:

Quote from: Purple44;1697168437859016450
Quote from: blunted;1697168437858114133
Hey TrAbB ! Thank for your answer and solution !

It was a Comodo conflict, now it finally works ! Thanks a lot dude

Good hear you found the problem. What did you have to do with Comodo to get rid of conflict?

Quote from: blunted;1697168437860406514
Purple44 > yeah thx, I reinstalled 3x the game, then I put Valve as "trusted vendor" in the advanced settings and lauched the game and it worked.

Problem:  Fatal Disk error
Quote from: Mike
Hi ! Im From Germany and i bought the game today...but i can play only the sneak peek 2.0.... when i start the normal game it wount works...i dont know the reason....i says Fatal Disk error and i have already reinstalled the game but it wount work...pls help

Solution:
Quote from: Mike;611701360833467661
now it works......i installed the game on another hard drive ^^ thx for your help

Quote from: Mister T;1697168437877323892
Same error, nothing of this worked for me, but now:

Maybe not the most comfortable solution but RESETTING THE CAREER was the key!

I think at least one of my cars had some parts installed that no longer exists after the update and   caused the error. Now I have to start from the bottom but the chase is better than the catch...

Problem:  Game Freezes aftter 5-6 second launch
Quote from: LosVille95
Game Freezes aftter 5-6 second launch, really i just pay 35€ for trying fix this game? Devs wtf happened if u ask 35€ game NEED WORK.

Solution: 
Quote from: LosVille95;1692669912399732779
You can say everybody to disable nvidia overlay ( geforce experience overlay ).

Problem:  Game just loads, and loads, and loads.....
Quote from: Mags
Like the title says... Just non stop loading. If im lucky enough to get past the title screen and try to enter a race in my career , it takes well over 5 mins to load a track. Yes I have verified the integrity of my game files and yes anti-virus is off and yes my system has enough hardware to run it, 1070, 16 ram, 8700k..... Very annoyed. Did not do this in beta.

Solution:

Quote from: Mags;1728701877483029227
Ok install actually finished early. After doing a full uninstall and re installing rhe game it loads way way quicker from both the title page and when entering a career race. Before uninstalling the game I saved all of the files in the local folder to a new folder on the desktop, then after the game installed I booted it up then quit to the desktop. I located the local folder and replaced all of the files with the files from my previous game. The game loaded right up with my career progress still intact and seems to be running ok for now... Ill know more when I get a chance to sit down tomorrow and spend some time in the career, but so far it seems to have fixed the issue of the long loading times.

To backup your career files folder \wreckfest, before deleting it, go here:  C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest

Problem: Can't join servers
Quote from: Ragman
Let's see if I can get an answer this time as to why I'm getting bounced from every server I try to join after only one internet race completed?

I shelfed this game 3yrs ago for the same reason, out of nowhere I couldn't join a server to save my life!

I'm trying real hard to like this game...let's see if someone can make that a reality.

Solution:
Quote from: Ragman;1696049513775166250
I was able to get back into net races by of all things changing from 4k to 1080p then back to 4k with windowed mode instead. After I made the switches the refresh rate setting box was greyed out and I wasn't getting disconnected from all servers anymore.

Problem:   Losing Binds Again
Quote from: NVR2FST
After the new hotfix the CSW 2.5 Fanatec wheel binds save issue was fixed.
But now they are back the way they were. I  am now back to losing my binds. What changed?

Solution:
Quote from: vartulo;1728701877520164905
Issue Fixed.  "Wheel off-centered and Wheel binds not saved"
Files to remove from Steam\userdata\33812072\228380\local\wreckfest
-settings.conf
-settings.sets
and inside "controllers" folder, delete all files.

Good luck everyone

Problem: Instant freeze on menu
Quote from: BrigadierBiggles
i boot the game and it will load through all logos etc and when it comes to press enter after about ~6 secconds it will freeze, needing task manager to kill it. yes i have reinstalled it and verified several times.

Solution:
Quote from: SaXXXon;1761356057403812902
Quote from: Weudi;1761356057403335459
same problem here -.-
I closed all programs running in Windows, teamviewer, geforce experience etc. and that worked

Problem:   Out of memory
Quote from: RobyR
every time the game crashes after about 30 min with a 'out of memory' error. I have to restart the pc to continue.
My rig isnt too bad (Win10, i7 4770K @3.5 Ghz and GTX 770 gfx card).

Someone has a solution?

Solution:
Quote from: RobyR;1745594817445599294
I've 8gb ram, paging manually set to 256 (initial) and 2048 (max)

Quote from: Purple44;1745594817445693373
That seem a little low. With my Win7 computer with 8GB of ram, I set virtual memory page file to 5000 ( initial ) and 6000 ( max ). And I partition a small drive and use that for virtual memory instead of C: drive where Windows is install.

Quote from: Imrileth;1745594817445819016
2048 is too small. I always set the initial and max value to the same so Windows doesn't waste time resizing it.

Set the page file at least to 8192 and play the game, and see if the crashing stops.

Quote from: RobyR;1745594817446131715
No more crash.
Set paging to 1024/8192

Problem: 
Quote from: AV ON;1735462352496443977
Datacleaner.exe window pop ups every time I launch this game ever since the last patch. Verified integrity and using no mods and it still occurs.

Solution:
Quote from: AV ON;1735462352499551141
Quote from: Purple44;1735462352496772124

Is this stopping you from starting Wreckfest?

The game still worked but it was annoying seeing it for no good reason. I deleted 3 datacleaner txt files from the main directory and it fixed it.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:11:38 PM by Purple44 »

quinny558

help i launch the game it gets to main lobby then screen freezes and it chuckes me out the game any help appreciated

Purple44

help i launch the game it gets to main lobby then screen freezes and it chuckes me out the game any help appreciated

Has the game run fine before? If so, did you try and load a mod or 2 and now game won't start?

GAME DOESN'T LAUNCH AFTER INSTALLING MODS
First try launching the game with "-disable_mods" (without quotes) launch option (right click on the game name in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Options). If that doesn't help, remove C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\modlist.mods file and try again.

Are you seeing any error message? Use Alt-Tab might help you see an error message.

quinny558

purple44 It has never worked I have tried everything everyone has suggested so far with no luck I have only downloaded the mods I haven't actually got as far as using them yet I have tried deleting certain files launch the same thing happens go back to the folder and the files are back the game itself is running its like my screen freezes or something its weird then I click the mouse and it throws me out the game.