Author Topic: Known solutions thread for fixes to problems running NCG and Sneak Peek.  (Read 64383 times)

Purple44

purple44 It has never worked I have tried everything everyone has suggested so far with no luck I have only downloaded the mods I haven't actually got as far as using them yet I have tried deleting certain files launch the same thing happens go back to the folder and the files are back the game itself is running its like my screen freezes or something its weird then I click the mouse and it throws me out the game.

K, I would go unsubscribe from any the mods you picked at Workshop. Then suggest you start over and do a true fresh install of Wreckfest and see it that will get game to start. Don't be doing any mods until you know game is working.

Quote from: Purple44;355043117530027775
Quote from: treadiculous;355043117529338135
3 recent updates and I still can't play!

I used to have no problems...

now I can get to the garage but when I click 'go race' I get the little 'windows 64 has stopped working' box.

running in 32 has the same issue.

all mods are disabled.

I've uninstalled and re-installed.

I'm running:
i5 ivybridge @310ghz (350ghz)
8gb Ram
Geforce GTX 970

help?

But have you done a true fresh install of Wreckfest?

Do the Steam uninstall of Wreckfest.

Then go to Wreckfest install folder ( make a shortcut to it before doing the uninstall ), Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment and delete the whole \Bugbear Entertainment  folder to make sure there no files left behind. It been posted that the Steam uninstall does not delete everything and these left over files can cause a problem.

Then need to remove the user data generated by the previous game versions by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing or renaming the folder labeled 'wreckfest early access'. The default Steam installation folder is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'. This get rid of config, career and modlist files.

If all go well and you got Wreckfest working. Use this thread for a list of current mods that are working with the latest Build release of Wreckfest.

List of mods known to work with the March 2018 update

Some older mods do not work with current Build of Wreckfest.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Problem:
sparkplug188 - Yesterday at 11:36 PM at Discord
Here is a screenshot of the bug.  The circle I have tagged "actual mouse" is where the mouse actually clicks.  The "actual mouse" is not visible.  The other circle, tagged "on-screen pointer", is where the game displays the pointer.

Solution:
sparkplug188 - Today at 12:42 AM
I have found a workaround.  Go to the game's .exe file, select properties, go to the Compatibility tab and click Change High DPI Settings.  Check the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select "System" from the dropdown menu.
It appears the game does not handle scaling on high-dpi displays correctly. I strongly encourage the developers to look into this issue.  I want to see Wreckfest do well.  There is no doubt this issue will cause an increasing number of refunds as 4k displays become more common.

Problem and Solution:   Low fps, high end system? Check your GPUs PCI-e mode...
Quote from: St. Jimmy
You might have read an article some time that it doesn't matter too much what slot you've installed your GPU or what mode (x2, x4, x8 or x16) the GPU runs.

Well this can be somewhat true in many games but modern games can be very demanding on PCI-e bus speed. Wreckfest is one of them and you should always try to run you GPU at PCI-e 2.0 or 3.0 x16. PCI-e 3.0 x8 might also be just enough because it's the same as PCI-e 2.0 x16.

I've seen couple cases in years and I bet there are many not resolved cases that are the same. Guy/girl gets full utilized GPU but fps is low even on low settings. This has been a case of running GPU in wrong slot or at wrong speed.

So how to check at what bus speed your GPU is running? Dowload GPU-Z program and you should be able to see this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456855352319934515/466970368565837824/unknown.png

Check the "Bus Interface:"

In this case the user is running the GTX 1080 Ti at PCI-e 3.0 x2 !!!

I've seen so many reports in here that say "I've high end system GTX 1080 Ti but my fps is like 20 no matter how low settings. Other games run fine" and I've been suspecting it can be this same kind of issue.

Usual reason is that the GPU is installed in the wrong slot (so it's not on the top one) or there's some wrong setting in BIOS.

Example topics:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/351660338709527509/

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,9003.msg87131.html#msg87131

Edit:
Quote from: papysoupape;1745594817441609217
i confirm this game is really sensible to pci speed. After cleaning my videocard it was stuck to 1x. Cant see it while playing killing floor2 but wreckfest was just horrible. after a simple "put-out put-in" it was back to normal.

Edit:
Quote from: Nivekdood;1745594817449755759
So I just moved my gpu from my PCIe x16 slot to my x8 slot and in GPU-Z it's running at x8 which is what that PCIe slot is suppose to run at. Wreckfest runs great was almost getting 200 frames, so I wonder if my x16 slot is just faulty

Or:
Quote from: Cobra_Commander281;1734338354738037933
Thank you for the link y’all got it running at x8 3.0 and night and day difference it’s insane, I can’t believe other games ran as good as they did.
It was from an “incident” I had a while back with some terrible XSPC swivel compression firings that decided to start leaking luckily I was running a very high quality coolant and was able to drench the board in isopropyl alcohol and dried out but it seems I missed a little residue on my GFX pins and that was screwing me, cleaned up and working a treat.

Moral of the story say no to XSPC watercooling fittings if you don’t like leaks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:59:19 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Not all problems with Wreckfest are cause by the game:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1742216747652134030/?tscn=1533925994

Quote from: Joerocket600rr
I have been trying for over 2 weeks now to get this game to work on my PC (i7 - 6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, SSD) with no luck. I have made a post before and deleted the file (it returns after a reboot and the game will still not work) input the disable mods phrase on start up command line, emailed the emails I found for the developer, and everything else I could find on how to make it work with no luck. As soon as I click "Play" the 64/32 bit question comes up and the title of the game reads: Wreckfest - Running.....Wreckfest - Syncing.....then back to normal with nothing after it, like it is not being played. The Sneak Peek 2.0 demo works and I can play that but after 5 minutes theres not much left to do, as that is not what I paid $45 for.

I leave for work tomorrow (I travel for work) and REALLY want to play this game I have seen and oogled over for a few months now. If anyone has any other ideas, I'll do whatever is necessary.

Quote from: Joerocket600rr;1745594817434690182
Quote from: HD Games Channel;1742216747652179242
The same situation. 3 weeks after i buy this game with the same PC Specs - I7 7700K 1080Ti and i can't play because of no responding the game after game load main menu. Usb doesn't help solve this problem, the problem is in other dirrection. So i pay for the game too and we need to make great videos for you guys. Solve the problem as fast as you can, it's not good for your reputation ;)

Oh man I fixed it!!! All it needed was a windows reset. I did the reset and saved the data, although I had to download all my games and programs again, it worked!!

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-reset-your-pc-feature/

Windows 10 has a nice feature that allows you to reset the Operating System in the event you want to start over 100% back to factory defaults or, just reinstall the Operating System yet keep all your Files. The feature is called Reset this PC and it’s extremely handy if you’re experiencing stability of performance issues or, you are selling the computer and want to clean it up.

Windows 8 actually had the same feature however I like how Microsoft improved on it for Windows 10. Previously they separated the feature into Windows Refresh vs. Windows Reset. With Windows 10, it’s just Window Reset with a guided menu to walk you through the steps.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:02:34 AM by Purple44 »