Author Topic: Long loading times, low fps, and unresponsive/slow to respond menus  (Read 2049 times)

YUTDOLLACWWW5

I tried playing the game for a few minutes today and for no determinable reason, the game loads very slowly, and when the game finally gets to the car selection screen, I'm getting 1fps or even less. If I try starting a derby match the frame rate stays at about 1fps, and I have to alt-tab out and manually close the game through the task manager. I also tried verifying the game files through Steam, didn't help. I tried closing and re-opening the game multiple times to no avail, and the last time it all out froze, but didn't crash.

It wasn't doing this yesterday, and I haven't done anything to the game. I usually run it maxed with 90+fps in 1080p.

notable specs:
i5-3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz (never had a problem with the overclock before)
Galaxy GTX 680 OC'd (tried opening/running the game with stock clocks and it didn't help)
Samsung 840 series 120gb SSD
Toshiba 7200RPM 2tb HDD (where the game and all my steam games are stored)
Windows 7 Home Edition SP1

Majatek

I assume that you've got all the drivers updated and such, so it sounds like a hardware issue.

Does it happen only with NCG, or does it happen with all of your games?
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

YUTDOLLACWWW5

Yeah, all my drivers are updated. It's only happening with NCG, I just played a few games to test if it happened to them too, but no luck, they all played fine. As a matter of fact, this is the only time this has happened to me as long as I've been a PC gamer; as in a year.

As I said this just started happening today, I have no idea how it happened, and I haven't done anything to the game. This is quite literally out of the blue. I should also add that I don't think a screenshot could help with this, and I don't have the Internet to upload video. It takes days to download games for me already.

deadmoroz14

Maybe deleting the game config will help? It might restore your game to initial condition.
It is stored in steam/userdata/your_id/228380/
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

YUTDOLLACWWW5

I through the Steam->userdata folder and didn't find a 228380 file, however I found the game location and deleted the folder and I'm attempting to re-download the game and see if that fixes it.

I'll post when it's done and hopefully I'll have good news

Danny

i5-3570k

That CPU has an integrated Intel GPU, right?

Make sure the game isn't using your integrated graphics to play! I've read that this has happened for a few people.

Ros3

I just played again today, and this is happening to me as well. The performance in this update has gone significantly down. Last update I could max out everything and get a nice framerate. Now: it takes about 2x as long to load, and my FPS are noticeably low. Not sure what was done, but I hope it's not just because of the tire and engine modifications

YUTDOLLACWWW5

UPDATE: I have finished downloading the game after deleting the whole game folder, and everything is back to normal with everything running 90+ fps maxed out.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:07:54 AM by YUTDOLLACWWW5 »