Author Topic: 2 Track types  (Read 497 times)

verbal_k

Hi,

Just bought this y/day after being on the fence for a while (not sure why now!) and then watching a race showing all the carnage, awesome stuff can't believe the amount of things being thrown around really impressive!

Totally love the old school american muscle car, anyway to my point two things it really remind me of are the orignal driver (probably just the car type) and also dukes of hazzard (orange muscle car :P)

So I was just wondering what you all thought of the following, how about a 'track' which is just a grid of street blocks like in U.S. cities, maybe 10 x 10, I'm sure no one would really care whether the blocks were made up of buildings or just placeholder type blocks to keep drivers to the road.

Initially I thought two player (more would no doubt be possible) the players both start from a standing start with the 'criminals' maybe getting a head start of 50 or 100ft and then the 'cops' have to get them of the road.

The grid could have elevation changes /steep roads so we can reenact 'Bullitt' and maybe the game is based on how long the criminals survive.

Ideally we would have a cop car to make it a little more authentic like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dukes+of+hazzard+police+car&client=firefox-a&hs=AXa&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=6MzmUr_BHsH50gWPjYGQDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=910

Then there could be one which wasn't quite so 'square' which had multiple crossovers and loops around with tarmac and off road section for a more Dukes of Hazzard type chase.

Just another type of game mode which (should?) be easily added?

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text.