Author Topic: 24 man server and a RANK match making system  (Read 1250 times)

emmettdd

1.should support 24 players i think, that would be awesome.

2. i would like to see a server list. a list of all the hosts and the settings of there game they are hosting(ECT...)

3.each play should have a rank and you rank should be set according to you total matches won, Kill death Ratio, total number of knock outs. there should be a formula to be sure your opponent is on your level or you skill set. the game becomes            un-enjoyable when your opponent is very skilled with a room full of newbies just kind of rage quit. and maybe a Anti cheat program. maybe get hooked up with VAC on steam, Valve Anti Cheat. ???

4.maybe have a looby seeting like in CS:GO counter strike GO. invite friends to a lobby and then join a server or make a new game/server.

5. this is kind of a big one built in (VOIP) Voice over ip. nothing better than socializing with your enemy online while your whoop there BUTT or BUTT's. :)

OliBeBored

Make sure to have Push to talk. Don't want my ears to bleed :(. Other than that I completely agree

emmettdd

and then have the option to MUTE trolls duh lol

half-shaft

Why artificially limit it to only 24? Dedicated servers should only be limited by server bandwidth not some in-game low limit like that.

Purple44

Why artificially limit it to only 24? Dedicated servers should only be limited by server bandwidth not some in-game low limit like that.

Remember this is a racing/ derby game, need startpoints for the extra players or player's car will start on top of other players cars.  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

conso1727

This is a racing game, where reflexes are crucial. Are we sure that 24 players won't cause lag that makes impossible to race properly?

I'm totally in for a rank-based matchmaking for public races, but I'd keep the online players number to 12.

emmettdd

i would say the more the better more variety if you like to race in a 12 man server you can select that in your server filter but  i would like 24. more the better i like it when 6 cars try to fight for the first spot in corner number one its great.

half-shaft

There's racing games that can support alot more that 24 with no problems, but you are missing the point - it's not the game that limits it it's the server.  Run it on an old PC with 0.5MBPS up and you'll have a bad time, run it on a properly hosted dedicated server and the only limiting factor is the upload speed.

The number of grid spots is immaterial, as they have already said mod support will be available.

Why should we all suffer artificially limited tiny grids because not everybody can host at a decent speed?

Iwasawa

NO MATCH MAKING. Its just an idiot "fashion" of today's games and it completly ruins everything. There are some games what needs it but the games like this does not!