Author Topic: Versions - Change history - Patch Info  (Read 5894 times)

Frontman

I thought it would be a good thing to provide some info for the fixes, changes or improvements of new patches because there are no release notes coming with the updates.

Here some earlier info copied over from the Steam forum about RRU:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1374

Patch 1.12
?

Patch 1.11
?

Patch 1.09
Some big improvements for the multiplayer stability, especially in combination with, RED(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_early_detection) or similar routers. Which are around 20% of all routes according to stats.
The other major fix is for the particle stuttering.
There's a friend match bug in this version. There's a very likely crash when you add a city, especially if there's more players than 4. We will release another patch very soon to fix the issue.

Patch 1.05
The editor saving have been fixed
The overblooming on some systems have been fixed.
UnPNP have been disabled, a possible fix for crashing during connect
A couple of mulitplayer fixes. We know of a few more bugs, but fixes for those didn't make it to this patch.

Frontman

Hehe, of course my expectation / hope as a player / customer is that BUGBEAR is providing that info - not me actually  ;)

Frontman

OK, it seems that everybody but BugBear is reading that. Meanwhile Patch 1.13 came out without any noticeable change.
Even if there are again some fixes for the multi-player included it will not help as long as the server connections still fail most of them time (since about Patch 1.12).
It seems that the router problem of the game server cannot be resolved (now for several days/weeks).  :-[

Frontman

A forum on the developer home page without participation of the developer will not fly - then it's better to go back to e.g. Steam forum. There at least more users participate   :-\
This forum has just nicer smilies  :P

Kimmo Kari

Hi all,

PC patch 1.13 is out  :)

- This patch improves the server connectivity with differents types of NAT.

We have also submitted patches to Sony & Microsoft. If submission goes well they should be available pretty soon. With these patches the online experience on console patforms should be significantly better.

Official Namco RRU forum is here:
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/community/topics/ridge-racer-unbounded-general-topic-faq/#post-25182

Post & Topics related to tech support should be posted there.

All the best,

Kimmo

Heddly

Will this game ever have steering wheel (G27) support? I would appreciate an answer so that I can find another game that supports wheels.

BadMouth

Will this game ever have steering wheel (G27) support? I would appreciate an answer so that I can find another game that supports wheels.

Not sure if it was always there or was added in a patch, but the G27 does work even though the buttons seem hard coded.  You'll have to swap them around in Logitech profiler to put them where you want.

I figured out this much.  (Pedals are marked separate and work)
Button 4 is POWER
Button 8 is DRIFT
Button 3 is CHANGE CAM
Button 5 is LOOK BACK

None of the other buttons seem to do anything, but Logitech Profiler can have them post the keyboard keys.

I also tested with a Logitech MOMO and the button locations made a lot more sense on it.

Driftopia works the same way.

Both games play much better with a wheel.  I didn't like the game with a controller.  I love it with the wheel.  In fact, that was what prompted me to pre-order the new game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:25:34 PM by BadMouth »

Heddly

Not sure if it was always there or was added in a patch, but the G27 does work even though the buttons seem hard coded.  You'll have to swap them around in Logitech profiler to put them where you want.

I figured out this much.  (Pedals are marked separate and work)
Button 4 is POWER
Button 8 is DRIFT
Button 3 is CHANGE CAM
Button 5 is LOOK BACK

None of the other buttons seem to do anything, but Logitech Profiler can have them post the keyboard keys.

I also tested with a Logitech MOMO and the button locations made a lot more sense on it.

Driftopia works the same way.

Both games play much better with a wheel.  I didn't like the game with a controller.  I love it with the wheel.  In fact, that was what prompted me to pre-order the new game.
Thank you for the reply. I will give it a try.  8)