Author Topic: Sneak Peek 2.0 wont start  (Read 1869 times)

MSPORTBMW

Hi there.....i just received an email from bugbear with a product key to add sneak peek 2 to my steam library.  So i entered the key and it shows up in my steam. But when i click play from the settings screen, it says sneak peek 2 .exe has stopped working !!!
Any ideas guys?

Tapio Vierros

Does the regular NCG Pre-Alpha work fine? What are your system specs? If you have a laptop with dual GPU, force high performance profile on from the GPU control panel. Also, try updating your DirectX from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

MSPORTBMW

Thanks for the reply.....Yes the pre-alpha works fine. My specs are in my signature.  I will in the meantime try your 2 suggestions.

Thanks

MSPORTBMW

Tried those things and even uninstalled and re-downloaded again but still says sneak peek.exe has stopped :(

Tapio Vierros

It says in your signature that you have SLI, check if you can force that to off.

MSPORTBMW

Ok I will try that too....although everything has always worked with sli set to on.

Once again for trying to help

MSPORTBMW

ok tried that but still no joy :(
Dont understand, as the pre-alpha worked flawlessly.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Is the Early Access game working for you?

MSPORTBMW

Hi janne.....yes early access has been working with no problems.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Puzzling. Have you played Sneak Peek 2.0 before, I mean the non-Steam version?

MSPORTBMW

Yes I have.

Purple44

My stand alone Sneak Peek in listed in Windows as installed. Could this interfere with Steam?

If uninstall stand alone Sneak Peek and then download Sneak Peek through Steam, would that make a difference?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MSPORTBMW

Hmmm maybe purple. I will do that and see if it makes it work again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MSPORTBMW

Ok just tried that......still no luck.....strange !!!!!

Janne Suur-Näkki

One thing you could try is to delete all the user data from the non-Steam Sneak Peek 2.0.

To do that, navigate to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local (open My Computer and paste that into the address bar) and delete all the folder that have Next Car Game in them.