Author Topic: Weekly Report (Feb 16)  (Read 22814 times)

palker

Weekly report might as well mean that there will be one each week not that there will be exactly 7 days between them.

deadmoroz14

Yay! Topic renamed.
Looks like new report gonna be posted soon
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

dbs213

Looking forward to the next report, definitely hoping for some new car or track in the works :))

(please be a Beetle please be a Beetle please be a Beetle please be a Beetle)
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Nerkoon

Ice fishing!
Well, there is no ice to speak of at a moment. At least no ice which would still be safe to walk on.

DiamondSnake

Oh and just a quick question

Are there any plans to.. you know, actually attach the wheels to the car somehow? It's a bit freaky sometimes to see floating wheels on some screenshots.

ztox

The changes in handling are something that have been a popular topic for the whole weekend. It’s not so much that there have been many changes in the underlying physics, but the steering ratio has been lowered. This was done to make it easier to control the car without any assists because now it’s not possible to overreact to oversteer by turning the wheels too much, too quickly, resulting in spinning. However, as a side effect the handling now feels somewhat slower and perhaps more sluggish than it used to. We’re currently assessing the situation and figuring out the next step – one possible solution might be to make the steering ratio configurable by the user – but your feedback is invaluable to us so that we know in which direction to take the handling. When we said that we want to develop the game with you, our community, we really meant that.

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, read it on the move and couldn't find it again!

I assume this is just affecting keyboard/pad input as it's not possible to accidentally over correct in the same way with a wheel?

Will force feedback be getting more work further down the line at some point? At the moment, if the back end comes out the wheel stays static most of the time making controlling a slide a bit of a pain.

MSPORTBMW

Weekly report might as well mean that there will be one each week not that there will be exactly 7 days between them.

That's what I was thinking.....I thought we was going to get a report every week....no matter how small the report was.

Oh well, I will keep checking back everyday and live in hope.

creamofpayne

It's only hump day, we still have a couple days for an "end of the week" report.