Author Topic: Types of bears (SomethingBear)  (Read 6697 times)

Anarchy_Blues

What the heck is a bugbear anyway? The logo looks like one of the ghosts from Pacman, but since they haven't been sued yet I'm guessing it's something else...

crashkid3000

What the heck is a bugbear anyway? The logo looks like one of the ghosts from Pacman, but since they haven't been sued yet I'm guessing it's something else...

From Wikipedia:
"A Bugbear is a legendary creature or type of hobgoblin comparable to the bogeyman (or bugaboo), and other creatures of folklore, all of which were historically used in some cultures to frighten disobedient children."

And a pic:

It seems that the logo shows a very stilyzed bugbear and the fact that the logo "burns" makes it not easier to decipher the "real" bugbear. BTW, a kinda "outlined" bugbear would look pretty good on the hood of a 500bhp V8-engine.
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

Majatek

Teenbear? Don't you mean "average forum userbear"?  :P
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Anarchy_Blues

From Wikipedia:
"A Bugbear is a legendary creature or type of hobgoblin comparable to the bogeyman (or bugaboo), and other creatures of folklore, all of which were historically used in some cultures to frighten disobedient children."

And a pic:

It seems that the logo shows a very stilyzed bugbear and the fact that the logo "burns" makes it not easier to decipher the "real" bugbear. BTW, a kinda "outlined" bugbear would look pretty good on the hood of a 500bhp V8-engine.

Bogeyman Entertainment...

Majatek

Or even: Bugaboo Entertainment.

God that sounds awful.
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Needles Kane

Bugbear is virus/trojan

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2002-093007-2144-99

Musgroove

What about Bearbear?

I've read the word 'bear' so many times it doesn't sound like a real word anymore

Anarchy_Blues

Bugbear is virus/trojan

O.O

Bugbear...

Serenya

Bugbear is virus/trojan

O.O

Bugbear...

That was discovered (and named) after Bugbear's foundation so I guess there's nothing common there. :P

And, what I've always thought it means in the context of our Bugbear Entertainment, is something like a spook - hence that logo...
System: i7-4790K | Asus Z97-Deluxe (USB 3.1) | G. Skill Ares 16 GB 2133 DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | 840 EVO (500 GB) | Win 7 64-bit
Input: Logitech G402 | Corsair Vengeance K70
Output: Dell U2515H | Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II | SteelSeries Siberia Elite, Koss PortaPro 2.0 & Superlux HD681 EVO

69Imperial

I'm not the greatest artist but....

GustaBear!!!!

http://youtu.be/zflPekytajA?t=2m36s
so meme funny:DDDDDDDDDD
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

stefi32

AWESOMEBEAR! (or envymypaintskillsbear)

DON'T OPEN THE BONNET I'LL LOSE FIVE POINTS