Author Topic: Driver cam.  (Read 8984 times)

John Burning

Hey! What about make a driver cam. like a DLC and sell it to the guys who wants to have it?

Mopower

Hey! What about make a driver cam. like a DLC and sell it to the guys who wants to have it?

I still think there should be a game mode option where you have to use driver cam in a derby or race. This way you wouldn't feel like you were at a disadvantage.

John Burning

I still think there should be a game mode option where you have to use driver cam in a derby or race. This way you wouldn't feel like you were at a disadvantage.
I think it could be awesome.

J3ssAutoKill

Hi I'm new, and I have a brilliant plan for a new Flatout! Why not have all the cars from the 1,2 and 3 and all of the racing tracks and the characters from the flatout series. It would be a blast! Racing with over 18 drivers and on the old and new maps. This would be a hit. It's a all in one game! Something to give you guys some ideas. I still play flatout and I will always play it. Also, make it in 3d if you have a chance to make this new Flatout series.

John Burning

Hi I'm new, and I have a brilliant plan for a new Flatout! Why not have all the cars from the 1,2 and 3 and all of the racing tracks and the characters from the flatout series. It would be a blast! Racing with over 18 drivers and on the old and new maps. This would be a hit. It's a all in one game! Something to give you guys some ideas. I still play flatout and I will always play it. Also, make it in 3d if you have a chance to make this new Flatout series.
Yeah, I told Bugbear about the "some old+all the new" mix a couple of months ago.

Mopower

I was just thinking to myself. What if bugbear did an option for multiplayer that was called something like Driver's seat. Not only would it include a "Driver's cam" only rule, but it wouldn't allow people to reset. This would be best used in derbies as it would suck to not be able to reset in a race when you've flipped over. This would stop people from resetting their cars when they're having a "Sumo" match. Maybe you guys need to redo the reset so you can only do it while you're upside down or crashed out?

Purple44

If Bugbear were to do this, they should also throw in some popular custom cars, tracks, derby and skins from the modding community and make it at least 12 player online and no GFWL. :)

I would be willing to donate my custom tracks and derbys free of charge!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

I must say that if there is a driver cam, I want to be able to see inside my car in reverse as well. Like you're looking in between the passenger and driver seat. I think this would add a very cool feature to the game.

GoldenApe

I must say that if there is a driver cam, I want to be able to see inside my car in reverse as well. Like you're looking in between the passenger and driver seat. I think this would add a very cool feature to the game.
I like the idea, but that would only be realistic if the driver is wearing a normal 3-point seatbelt (or none). With racing seatbelts you really can't look backwards, only rely on your mirrors

Mopower

yeah, about that. My friend runs a 5 point harness with a neck brace, but he actually has his seat rotated slightly in the car so that looking back is easier

Mopower

I like the idea, but that would only be realistic if the driver is wearing a normal 3-point seatbelt (or none). With racing seatbelts you really can't look backwards, only rely on your mirrors

Okay GoldenApe, sure it makes things a little more difficult. Then you just have to be like this guy and just run a lap belt & neck brace :)

This guy went hard by the way.

GoldenApe

yeah, about that. My friend runs a 5 point harness with a neck brace, but he actually has his seat rotated slightly in the car so that looking back is easier
Hmm, not that it's any of my business but that doesn't seem like a good idea, especially if the guy is driving a lot in that car. My dad has to drive a lot for his work and he used to have a seat that is slightly off-center from the steering wheel (some car manufacturers do that) and he really injured his back, hips etc. with that because it's an unnatural position to be in. He still has the same car but got a special chair fitted that makes sure he has a healthy driving position.

Anyway, I wasn't shooting down your idea, just noting that it'd be strange if the driver clearly has racing seatbelts and that instead you'd have to think about making accurate mirror reflections. Then again, the drivers in Flatout clearly didn't wear any seatbelts, hehe.

Mopower

Hmm, not that it's any of my business but that doesn't seem like a good idea, especially if the guy is driving a lot in that car.

Anyway, I wasn't shooting down your idea, just noting that it'd be strange if the driver clearly has racing seatbelts and that instead you'd have to think about making accurate mirror reflections. Then again, the drivers in Flatout clearly didn't wear any seatbelts, hehe.

Haha, I wasn't talking about his daily driver. I'm talking about his derby car. Of course you would use the mirrors in a daily driver lol. You're only in the derby car for 20 minutes at a time anyway XD

And by god, who uses a 5 point harness and neck brace in a daily driver? LOL
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:54:40 AM by Mopower »

GoldenApe

And by god, who uses a 5 point harness and neck brace in a daily driver? LOL
You'd be surprised actually, lol. I know at least 3 people that do (well, not the neck brace).

JohnnyMayhem

If only the graphics could be this good for a driver cam ;D...