Author Topic: Suggestion: "Like"/"Dislike" button for forum  (Read 2752 times)

crashkid3000

Hello guys, dear devs/mods,

I've been around in this and a few other forums for a while and I found a nice feature in one of them: A like/dislike button.

The pros are not far to seek, so one gives you simply a "like" instead of creating a whole new post just for writing something like "+1" or "I like this" and the original discussion is easier to follow and to understand when not every third (as a extreme example) is such a post of approval/refusal.
But on the other hand, i've seen this feature in just one forum yet (which has a very new forum software) so it seems to me that this is relatively difficult to implement.

Regards,
crashkid3000
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

Majatek

A like button could come in handy, but a dislike button would only promote trolling, downvoting, and general non-constructive behaviour.

It would be best to leave it at just a like button so that those who dislike the idea are forced to explain why in their reply comment, so that they contribute to the topic at hand and let Bugbear Entertainment know why it might be a bad idea.
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Frisker

I've seen it on couple of forums, and I doubt it's that hard to implement.
I'm kinda neutral here.. people like to troll a lot.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

conso1727

I think that it's okay right now, without the Like-Dislike choice. In the case something had to be really implemented, then I would go for a Like-only button as Majatek said

RacerBest

Like button would be nice, dislike button not.

creamofpayne

I "like" the use of a like button.

crashkid3000

At first: Theank you for your interest!

With all of your mentionned arguments it seems to me also that a "dislike" button encourages the trolls and AAAs (another annoying anyone) to cheat on these "votes". So, a simple "Like" button should do the work and if one doesn't like one idea, they could say "No" and start writing argumentatively about the things one doesn't like.
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

dbs213

A "Like" button alone works. Facepunch's users keep abusing the "Dumb" button on other people's posts.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive
======================================
[Insert snarky quote with no context here]

Ben Lind

A "Like" button alone works. Facepunch's users keep abusing the "Dumb" button on other people's posts.

Yeah it does get used by a lot of dumb people to be honest. You get voted dumb for disagreeing with someone.

I don't think the Agree/Disagree is a bad idea though. I don't think only a like button is all that good to be honest.

This is just my opinion though and I don't know if we'll be implementing any kinds of "postvoting" anyway.
Overly talkative 3D-artist

Mika Zeng

Yes, we will add some kind of "post voting/facepunch" system. I am looking for it. I have to find which would be the best option because this theme has been heavily customized and installation is not as simple.

deadmoroz14

Nice work guys!
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

creamofpayne

Johnny on the spot!