Author Topic: Destruction Derby 2 and Destruction Derby: Raw tracks.  (Read 1564 times)

Rollcage

When I was younger I used to play a lot of Destruction Derby 2 and Raw, now I play Flatout and Flatout 2 a lot.

I really liked some of the old school tracks, That had a good feel to them. Any chance we can see them make a come back in New Car Game? Maybe you could make them as a DLC pack?

Thanks. :)

crashkid3000

There is the problem with the licenses... As i've just read in the DDWiki, Sony just bought the Reflections Studio back so BB can't call the tracks "Oilslick" or whatever and have to change the design of the track/setting. Maybe, they can keep the track and "just" change the setting (e.g. "Slammer" in a huge derby arena, "Oilslick" as a dirty variation of the oval outside of our staium bowl, etc.) or - what would be even more awesome but could become really expensive, when BB recreates the tracks (or lets Reflections overhaul their own tracks) and turn NCG from a spiritual sucsessor to a kind of "Next Destruction Derby" and call the DLC just "Next DD DLC".
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

dbs213

Maybe take several design cues from the tracks of both games and mash'em up into new tracks. Being creative I say.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

DaveoBro

Would love to see some inspiration for NCG tracks drawn from the tracks of the destruction derby series, I loved them so much when I was younger and spent hundreds of hours playing that series.

conso1727

For special races (like 8-track, dirt oval etc) I would go for the track designs that were in the first Destruction Derby

lastbreath

There was super fun 8-track with huge jump in the middle. It would be awesome to see something similar in Wreckfest.

Also there was amazing snow track with many crossings and jumps:

dbs213

Leap of Faith reminds me of Crash Alley from FlatOut. Although Leap of Faith only has one big bump in the middle and looks a lot bigger.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)