Author Topic: Impossible Novice Rally mode  (Read 3555 times)

me1900

I am very new to rally style racing. I picked Novice mode but always for the last week end up 20th position. The passenger he yells at me so much. The times I cant beat cause they seem to be based on professional times. Seems like a pro racer needs to race this game and for someone who is no experience doesn't get to win when novice is picked.

It should be more relaxed times to give a beginner a fair chance at a win. Is there something needed to be done to make novice mode truly novice mode? :-[ :(

RacerBest

I suggest using front wheel drive cars, easy to learn the handling for beginner.

RubyRuby

Try the arcade mode.  Simultaneous starts; same venues, but different tracks.  And just do it over and over.  When I started with Rally Trophy I stuck with the Saab (personal history) and just ran the arcade races over and over until I got some perfect runs on my part coinciding with major boners by the Stratos driver.  Yeah, you can beat him with the Saab in arcade if you are very determined.  The actual rallies are much harder.

Frank
PC/keyboard.

LUNITIC_WILL

why not go play DiRT or DiRT 2 i learned rally from those games might help you in rally trophy
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

69Imperial

why not go play DiRT or DiRT 2 i learned rally from those games might help you in rally trophy
I hope you're joking.
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

LUNITIC_WILL

i am not joking just try those games and see how you do in rally trophy
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

RubyRuby

Driving well in Rally Trophy is more difficult than in DiRT2 or 3.  It takes more practice to win in Rally Trophy.  The Saab and the Mini are the easiest to drive; almost as easy is the Lancia Fulvia.  The Stratos is nearly impossible (no, it IS impossible) for me driving with a keyboard.  I drive in DiRT2 and DiRT3 with the same rig and keyboard and they require a lot of practice laps to learn the courses and the cars - but not as much as Rally Trophy.  Outdated graphics have nothing to do with it.  Speaking as a single player.

Frank

Kepe

You should definitely use a racing wheel with this game. It's a rally simulation, you just can't drive it properly without a wheel. Dirt games are quite arcade compared to Rally Trophy.
Life is a bitch and then you die.