Author Topic: Car Tuning  (Read 1892 times)

209mc

I have been playing this game for a while. It's great that we can upgrade the vehicles with different parts, but I was wondering...

WHAT IF WE CAN TUNE THE CAR PARTS IN THE GAME? :D

Ex: Tuning the engine to different rpm peaks (redlining the accelerometer), camber on the tires, adjustable steering ratios (loose or tight steering), tire pressure, damper/spring settings?

I think this can make the game very more in-depth and exciting to play because you can experiment with car setups to beat the competition!

I know this sounds way too much for a sim, but I really would really like to have a feature where I can make my car unique to me and my driving style. I just hate it when every single car acts the same! >:O lol

Please leave a comment, either good or bad, telling me what you think.

I would also like to hear some feedback from the developers as well. Thank you very much! :)

VikingSpirit84

I would 100% agree with this, every one has their own preferred driving style, so the ability to muck around with suspension geometry, anti-roll bars, tyre pressures etc. would mean that if you want more oversteer or understeer or chassis roll or stiffness, you can setup the car up how you like. Its a great way of tuning because everybody's vehicle will still have the same performance (unlike upgrading engines / brakes exhausts) so the races are more fair and competitive.

In Forza the first upgrade I do to anycar is buy the customisable suspension, because it means I can tweak the car to be a lot faster to suit my driving style without pushing the vehicle PI out of its current race class.

I also don't think it would hurt the game to have this sort of tuning in it. Look at the sales of vehicle games recently, arcade racers are dying off and typically only sell tiny numbers. Only petrol-heads are interested in racing games any more, if you dumb the vehicle experience down too much to try and make the game have a wider appeal it tends to have the opposite effect, since most casual gamers don't care about driving games any more, and the petrol-heads only tend to be interested with games that are sim or at least plenty of depth to the driving gameplay.

Zibob

I will add my name to this. it would be a fantastic addition. I have been looking to get back to an earlier handling that has been changed. This would solve it for everyone who invests the time.

Also it looks like the game has the facilities to do this kind of thing. I am not a game engineer but it looks like the cars have fully adjustable settings.

kingolachs2

Well, I absolutely agree with a tuning idea. It sounds very good, and it makes a diversified experience ;)

Usmovers_02

Man, people REALLY don't want a new Flatout game do they? I enjoy tuning very much in Forza but... damn!

sam223

+1 to race setups
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Satsuma182

I don't mind if it does or doesn't get implemented because there are pros and cons to both options.

I will say however that I think there is a decent middle ground in having sliders like Dirt 3 did. You get to set up the car to react how you want it to although not as personally without having to sit in front of menus for hours or do vigorous testing like you do on forza.

No matter what is done, there needs to be an option to force stock upgrades and tuning online.

Heddly

I don't mind if it does or doesn't get implemented because there are pros and cons to both options.

I will say however that I think there is a decent middle ground in having sliders like Dirt 3 did. You get to set up the car to react how you want it to although not as personally without having to sit in front of menus for hours or do vigorous testing like you do on forza.

No matter what is done, there needs to be an option to force stock upgrades and tuning online.

I agree that sliders would be best for NCG as an option. I have iRacing and tuning the car takes a lot more  time than the actual racing on track. I want NCG to be easier and quicker to go racing.

Don't forget about the classified ads, they should be the major source for car tuning.

I would like the classified ads to have 3 speed to 5 speed transmissions, different differential ratios,springs and shocks to purchase as the major way to tune the handling of the car.

St. Jimmy

I'd like to tune gearbox ratios. Other thing that could be a nice touch are springs with soft, medium and hard options.
But I like the only upgrades way as well because that reminds that you want to go for cheap.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Checkercab

I would like to tune more than "invisible" upgrades like engine, gearbox, tires, etc... I also like visual upgrades like bumpers and interiors. Also a custom paintjob creator would be very nice. It would be cool to make in Multiplayer Crews and all Crew-Cars are having the same custom Paintjob.

Lari Fari

+1 for tuning the car. But it shouldn't get to complicated. And it shouldn't play a major roll in being able to win. For example: I finished all dirt games almost without fiddling with the settings.

And as you said it adds to diversity.  Fo instance if you can choose suspension hights and strength front and back individually :D

AND There should be an number of presets to choose from: Racing, average, derby, off-road. Or something like that. So you are not forced to change everything individually to try stuff out.
Gaming Since 1989

Frisker

+1 for tuning the car. But it shouldn't get to complicated. And it shouldn't play a major roll in being able to win. For example: I finished all dirt games almost without fiddling with the settings.

And as you said it adds to diversity.  Fo instance if you can choose suspension hights and strength front and back individually :D

AND There should be an number of presets to choose from: Racing, average, derby, off-road. Or something like that. So you are not forced to change everything individually to try stuff out.

But then again it should be complicated enough, so that the changes actually have somewhat significant change to how the car behaves, otherwise it would be pointless.

There could be some Bugbear's pre-tuned sets for different road surfaces and track types. I'd love there to be really detailed sliders for everything(or however BB's gonna do it).

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

MotorsportLover

I'd say "keep it simple"

Example: You need a new turbo, and fixing the one you have is not the best idea because you have repaired it 2 times already. Which means you need a "new" one from the scrapyard. And you can choose between 3-5. one is suitable for tarmac and one is for gravel, one is for small tracks like the figure 8 or derby. The other 2 are just bonuses. And they can increase the power in different ways like 5, 10, 15, 20 % and you choose which is the best one.

That's a simple way of tuning your car, and for thoose who really loves to tune their cars like me :) They can have a sort of "pack" which means that if you combine a certain part with an another part you could gain maybe an extra 1-5 % horsepower.
Like a turbo and exhaust

Just an example :)
I'm just a MotorsportLover from Sweden!

Lari Fari

Well yeah! But we are talking about tuning and upgrading as two different things here... And I would asume most people want both.

Tuning really should have an effect that can be "felt" without a stopwatch. I agree! And the presets would allow people with no knowledge of it or no time for it to play without puting to much time into it.
Gaming Since 1989

dbs213

Simplified sliders like those in Shift 2 Unleashed (despite that it's basically an HD version of Street Legal Redline in terms of driving physics) would do for people who aren't mechanically inclined, like me.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)