Author Topic: Destruction Derby and Figure 8 Racing  (Read 4231 times)

Mopower

Cars look like legos, but the best game that simulates demolition derbies. Customization in game is not an option, but there are 1,000s of custom cars that people have created. I'm going to have someone make me my dad's car :)

Is easily downloaded, but some people have problems getting the game set up. Anyone want some help let me know. I can do it all!!!

RacerBest

More info about the game?

Mopower

Well, the game is set up like a real demolition derby would be. In most LARGE demolition derby events there are Multiple heats of cars (qualifying rounds). So let's say there are 8 cars in each heat and there are 4 heats. 2 of the surviving cars in each heat go to the feature round. 4X2=8. Then these 8 cars bring in what's left of their cars after doing minor repairs and they smash them in the feature until one car remains. The game was made by Auxiliary power and it's completely free if you download it. I can give the link, but you will probably want to ask me questions or get on skype/ventrilo with me so I can help you figure out how to get it setup. There is a multiplayer as well and the guys at wecrashtoo.proboards.com put on events and upload the results to their forums. Good stuff and lots of helpful people.

There are plenty of modded tracks and cars so that you can always download something different if you get bored of doing the same tracks with the same slow cars. The modded cars are like going from 0% upgrades in flatout to going to 100% upgrades.

Mopower

Maybe I shouldn't say this on the site, but it definitely is. You just need to know the right place to look :)

I can post a link, for a FREE Full Download, if that would help? It also comes with a football track that was created for the game.

[URL REMOVED - WE DO NOT SUPPORT SOFTWARE THEFT - ADMIN]  

After you download the above. You will also need to download this link, as well. This link has other cars for the game. Also, is more online friendly. If you decide to play online.

From the wecrashtoo.proboards.com forums. Enjoy and again, let me know if you need help.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:06:46 AM by Jukka Merikanto »

RacerBest

The game always shuts itself down when I want to start a derby, when loading screen appears the game just disappears..

Mopower

Right, you have to run the game at 640X480 resolution. Also you need to run the game as administrator. Trust me, I had some problems with that too. As for driving styles. You want to protect the sides of your car and only hit the opponents square on in their fenders

RacerBest

Changed the resolution, still don't work.

Mopower

I sent you a message racer. I forgot that you have to change the video to run off of software not hardware as I'm assuming your setup is probably XP or Windows 7 and you've probably got a decent video card.

Mopower

Check out this link for the forum that has information on DDF8. Here you will find all the custom tracks and cars for the game and you will also find tournaments starting soon and will go from October to around March or May. These guys do real derbies so they don't have time to set up tournaments in the summer.  :D

http://wecrashtoo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=play&action=display&thread=1049